Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is also not a song by Metallica, but a song by Diamond Head that they covered. I suppose that shows just how big metallica is since people their cover songs are theirs.

Ahh - cool - I'll check it out. Not really my genre of music. Only know that song cuz I got roped into going to one of their concerts - and that's one of the few songs I heard that I liked. ;)

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ahh - cool - I'll check it out. Not really my genre of music. Only know that song cuz I got roped into going to one of their concerts - and that's one of the few songs I heard that I liked. ;)

Yea sorry, I don't mean to be "that guy" but I listen to a lot of music. Rock is probably my favorite though and I listen to everything from classic to death metal (except christian rock lol). I'm not the metallica fan I was when I was 10 but I'd love to see them live...supposedly they put on an amazing show.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:( ...that sure gets in the of way and zaps joy.

It can...it really depends on how much you let it zap joy. My wife is so unlike them that it's pretty incredible that she's even from their family. They're really really awful people..., not just in a general way either, but to her. It's difficult for me to bite my tongue, since I take my marriage vows very seriously. To me the disrespect, disregard, and selfishness they show her is the same as if they'd shown it to me. She's a very compassionate and accommodating person...two of the many many things I love about her and wouldn't want her to change. I, on the other hand, am not even half as compassionate.... and I'm not even in the same ballpark when it comes to being accommodating.....so it's just getting harder and harder for me to deal with them in a polite and respectful manner.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a metal guy - but I enjoyed their show. They're really great performers! I recommend going if you have a chance.

I'd love to...Metallica is one of the few bands that can probably still sell out stadiums. I've heard from a couple people that their live shows are very memorable. If I could go back in time, I'd love to have been at their performance with a full symphony. It's a really gutsy movethey did awhile back and I really respect musicians who are willing to take risks like that.

Metal or not, I've always like music with a more "emotional" content. Music that either quite deliberately or subtlety evokes an emotional response from the listener. Good metal does that just as well as good classical, trip-hop, horror-punk, gangsta-rap, trance, alternative, etc.

Most of what I don't listen to falls under the pop/country categories. That isn't to say there aren't pop or country songs that I think are great... it's just that compared to what I enjoy listening to 99% of it feels so shallow and derivative.

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS that I'm so glad that we added a dog to our family in August. Neither DH nor I had ever had a dog before. He was reluctant, but I finally talked him into it. She a rescue chiweenie, and all of 11 pounds of joy.

Today, I let her on the bed for the first time so that she could nap by my side while I read a book. I was trying to avoid it because I didn't think DH would go for it. But she was sitting at the side of bed, whining, with her cute tiny paws on the side of the bed, and I couldn't resist. And then DH came home early and caught me! He was a good sport about it, though.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Odetta, how cute! Do you have any pictures of your pooch? Our dog - Buddy, a Plott Hound - is definitely a member of the family, not just a pet. It's so sweet that you're enjoying your new furbaby! I want to adopt a new puppy in the next few years, since Buddy is definitely my husband's dog, even though he loves all of us. I want a puppy I can raise to be my own little sidekick, that I can spoil rotten :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IJWTS I still want to see a picture of Odetta's dog!

IAWTS the hubster is at the data center (3.5 hours away) today and will stay up there overnight. Anyone who could pray for traveling safety and that he gets all the work done without any headaches, I'd be grateful!

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I'm sure there'll be headaches...lol

Are you guys in a part of the country where weather/travel is an issue? I've mostly lived in warm climates (CA, FL, etc)...so winter's never been an issue. The few years we did live in a snowy place - ehhh - that's for the birds!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I'm sure there'll be headaches...lol

Are you guys in a part of the country where weather/travel is an issue? I've mostly lived in warm climates (CA, FL, etc)...so winter's never been an issue. The few years we did live in a snowy place - ehhh - that's for the birds!

The weather's good right now, thankfully. He did have a trip last winter during a blizzard, and told me he passed like two dozen accidents... yeah, I'm glad I stayed home for that one!!

I guess I'm getting old and frail, cause I am DONE with cold weather. I used to enjoy it, but not anymore. I wanna move somewhere sunny and dry, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
IJWTS I love Costco. I purchased a pair of eyeglasses there as a spare pair, because it was cheaper than Len's Crafters where I usually go. I have a script for progressives, but sometimes I just get single vision to save money, because I'm used to taking off my glasses to read or do computer work. Or for quick glances at a watch or my phone, I've perfected the tilt my head back and look under the bottom edge of the frame trick. So I got the single vision with these frames.

Unfortunately, the frames I bought are much larger than what I normally wear, and I discovered after I got them that I can't do my special trick. It was really irritating, so I gave up and decided to have the lenses replaced with progressive ones. I went in fully expecting to pay full price for the new lenses, which would have been about $160, on top of the $160 I'd already paid for the frame and single lenses. (Still cheaper than Len's Crafter's, though.) In actuality, they gave me full credit for the single vision lenses I had previously purchased. Plus I had my rebate check. I walked out of there paying only $2.88 out of pocket to have the lenses replaced.

So DH and I are going out to eat tonight. Woo hoo!

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

By Inkachu
I guess I'm getting old and frail, cause I am DONE with cold weather. I used to enjoy it, but not anymore. I wanna move somewhere sunny and dry, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Here in Arizona we had the car Air conditioner on this afternoon. Close to 80 degrees. Houses are not real cheap in Arizona but a LOT cheaper than sunny California and Florida. We get less than 5 inches of
[FONT=&quot] precipitation[/FONT] per year and NO SNOW!

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sdm, I've talked about moving to Arizona (maybe the northern part of the state where it's not so hot?) but hubby doesn't wanna hear it lol.

IAWTS I have a prayer request. We just had an older man walk in asking for formula for his grandchild. His daughter apparently just went to prison and he's taken the baby in. He was visibly upset (understandable!) and he had a letter from his daughter, but apparently it wasn't appropriate for Social Services to accept, so he couldn't get anything for his grandchild. He was so upset and said he has no formula for the baby and no money. Unfortunately, this particular office isn't set up for emergency assistance like that, but I felt soooo bad for him. Imagine, being an older man, suddenly your child is going to prison, and suddenly you've got an infant in your care that you probably weren't prepared for at all. I actually tried to slip out and find them after they left, but they were gone :( I was going to ask the man for his phone number, and go buy a can of baby formula after work and take it to him or something. I just felt so bad for them. Anyway... that family obviously needs prayer.

Upvote 0