Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Inkachu
Your compassion for that man and his grandchild is so admirable!

[FONT=&quot]
Sdm, I've talked about moving to Arizona (maybe the northern part of the state where it's not so hot?) but hubby doesn't wanna hear it lol.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well if your husband ever changes his mind then maybe consider Flagstaff. My father-in-law has a 3BR home in the forest in the outlined area of Flagstaff and we go there every summer. The summer weather is great and the fall and spring are very good. The winters maybe a little cold for us desert dwellers but if you are from a cold area the winters are not bad.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flagstaff has a university and a decent mall and good snow skiing if your are into that. The city is around 68,000 populations so it has a lot for a small city. Flagstaff is a little more than an hour from the Grand Canyon, 2.5 hours from Phoenix, 4 hours to Las Vegas, and 5 hours to the beach at San Diego. We use the forest Flagstaff home for getting away from TV, Internet, traffic, and are forced to find interaction with each other. That can be refreshing for a while. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you can have a home in Flagstaff in the summer and then a home in Phoenix or Tucson in the rest of the year you will have the best of two worlds weather-wise. The Arizona desert is great for 8 months out of the year but the summers can be hell if you have to work outside.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the kind comment, Sdm :)

Ironically, it was Flagstaff that I was trying to sell to my hubby lol. "Look honey, the average summer temp is only 85 degrees". Ah well. I mainly want to get away from the dreary, rainy winters here. I don't mind cold, but I hate dark/rainy/gloomy. I'd be good with a bright, dry, sunny winter. Right now we're considering moving to the mountains in West Virginia, where people are nice, the geography is beautiful, and land is cheap. I'd personally like to go further west and get away from the east coast altogether, cause this is where I've been all my life and I'm sick of it. But I have aging parents here, and they have nobody except me, so I'd feel pretty rotten if I just moved across the country and left them alone. Sigh.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sdm, I've talked about moving to Arizona (maybe the northern part of the state where it's not so hot?) but hubby doesn't wanna hear it lol.

IAWTS I have a prayer request. We just had an older man walk in asking for formula for his grandchild. His daughter apparently just went to prison and he's taken the baby in. He was visibly upset (understandable!) and he had a letter from his daughter, but apparently it wasn't appropriate for Social Services to accept, so he couldn't get anything for his grandchild. He was so upset and said he has no formula for the baby and no money. Unfortunately, this particular office isn't set up for emergency assistance like that, but I felt soooo bad for him. Imagine, being an older man, suddenly your child is going to prison, and suddenly you've got an infant in your care that you probably weren't prepared for at all. I actually tried to slip out and find them after they left, but they were gone :( I was going to ask the man for his phone number, and go buy a can of baby formula after work and take it to him or something. I just felt so bad for them. Anyway... that family obviously needs prayer.

Just out of curiosity Ink, what does this prayer look like?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean?

Well...

I've never been to church apart from funerals or weddings, I've never actually heard a prayer apart from those ritualistic types said during those ceremonies. Probably sounds a bit weird to you, I've never heard a personal type of prayer. It's a topic of some confusion for me.

I'd like to reassure you that I won't be judging, debating, or otherwise even commenting on your prayer. I know this isn't the type of thread for that, I have no intention of derailing it.

So if you would kindly...write what it is you would speak in such a prayer, so as I can imagine it spoken aloud.

Please.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well...

I've never been to church apart from funerals or weddings, I've never actually heard a prayer apart from those ritualistic types said during those ceremonies. Probably sounds a bit weird to you, I've never heard a personal type of prayer. It's a topic of some confusion for me.

I'd like to reassure you that I won't be judging, debating, or otherwise even commenting on your prayer. I know this isn't the type of thread for that, I have no intention of derailing it.

So if you would kindly...write what it is you would speak in such a prayer, so as I can imagine it spoken aloud.

Please.

Oh. OK, sure lol. I thought that might be what you meant, just wasn't sure.

Something like this (and I'll pray it again as I write this, since no doubt their need is still ongoing):

Dearest Lord,

This man and his family desperately need your help. I know that his heart must be breaking over his daughter being in prison. And on top of that, he's taken on the responsibility of a baby, his grandchild, something he certainly wasn't prepared to do, emotionally or financially. Lord, I could see the desperation in him, he was so frustrated and didn't know where to go. I know there must be a lot of brokenness in his entire family for them to be in this situation. Right now, their immediate need is food for the baby. I ask that you send help to them immediately, right away. You know I looked for them after they left, but they were gone, and you know I was willing to give them help; so if it's not going to come through me, let it come through someone else. I pray for strength for this man in all that he's going through. I pray for comfort as he grieves the loss of his daughter to being in prison. I pray for a good support system in his family, friends, and any other resources he needs, to care for that little baby. I pray for his daughter, that she would turn her life around and realize that it's never too late to make a change, and that she can still be there for her child in the future. And I pray for protection for the baby, in every aspect. If they ever come back to our building, Father, and they're still in need, please let me cross paths with them again, so that I might be of help to them. I know that you are so much mightier than I am, and that I can leave them in your hands, and that you've heard my petition on their behalf. Thank you for always hearing my prayers, I know each one is heard, and never in vain. In Jesus' name, amen.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh. OK, sure lol. I thought that might be what you meant, just wasn't sure.

Something like this (and I'll pray it again as I write this, since no doubt their need is still ongoing):

Dearest Lord,

This man and his family desperately need your help. I know that his heart must be breaking over his daughter being in prison. And on top of that, he's taken on the responsibility of a baby, his grandchild, something he certainly wasn't prepared to do, emotionally or financially. Lord, I could see the desperation in him, he was so frustrated and didn't know where to go. I know there must be a lot of brokenness in his entire family for them to be in this situation. Right now, their immediate need is food for the baby. I ask that you send help to them immediately, right away. You know I looked for them after they left, but they were gone, and you know I was willing to give them help; so if it's not going to come through me, let it come through someone else. I pray for strength for this man in all that he's going through. I pray for comfort as he grieves the loss of his daughter to being in prison. I pray for a good support system in his family, friends, and any other resources he needs, to care for that little baby. I pray for his daughter, that she would turn her life around and realize that it's never too late to make a change, and that she can still be there for her child in the future. And I pray for protection for the baby, in every aspect. If they ever come back to our building, Father, and they're still in need, please let me cross paths with them again, so that I might be of help to them. I know that you are so much mightier than I am, and that I can leave them in your hands, and that you've heard my petition on their behalf. Thank you for always hearing my prayers, I know each one is heard, and never in vain. In Jesus' name, amen.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Oh my gosh, no kidding! Self-absorbed, manipulative, dishonest hussy... I'd be mad, too! Poor hubby lol.

"What's this $500 credit charge?"

It makes me feel bad because my sweet hubby has done laundry for me when I'm too tired. The fact that she plays games with him. If my hubby woke me up to sort my laundry, him being a night owl and me being an early bird, I'd do it. . :sigh:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IJWTS - I Just Want To Share? Is that what that means? Just trying to be clear, because I'm not aware of the other thread.

Hmmm - I was thinking "I Just Want To Sleep." Since this is in the marriage folder, we all know what THAT means.

OK glad it is not that. :)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IJWTS - I'm always kinda irked when I construct a well formulated argument about a subject - and it kills the conversation (especially when everyone prior to my post was really passionate about the subject...lol)

LOL!! On other sites (faithcommunity network, Grace Centered forums) I have been called a "thread killer."

Upvote 0
D

Devorim

I am feeling SO fortunate today! I am preparing to retire in mid-April, so one of the candidates for my job spent my workday with me yesterday. At the end of our time together, she sat in the reception area of my office, and we chatted about my boss, a Nazarene pastor. (I work for a Nazarene church.)

She was a little nervous, because her mother had warned her decades ago, that a single lady should not work alone in an office with a man. Wow, did her mother have a point! In my career working for various pastors of two non-Nazarene churches, I was sexually harassed and accosted time and time again, and each time, I lost my job because of their wicked behavior.

But I was able to tell her that for the more-than-a-decade I have worked for this pastor, not once has he either done or said anything inappropriate to me! This thrilled me! I am not Nazarene, yet he has also treated me with complete respect with regard to my beliefs as well! Anyone fortunate to land this job will be blessed, as I have been.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IJWTS not been sleeping well the past few nights... I always feel cruddy if I don't sleep enough :( I have class tonight, but I'm debating whether I should go or email my professor and just go to bed early.

IAWTS it's not fair that I ate well yesterday AND worked out, and the scale said I gained a pound and a half. WHATEVER, scale. You lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Zzzzactly!

Seriously. Lying Scale of Lies.

Thats_Suspicious_Meme.png

Upvote 0