Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By having the gift of eternal life (Rom 6:23) which is through believing in Christ (Jn 3:15,16, 6:40).

I asked, 'how does one come forth to the resurrection of life without doing good?' However, John 5:29 says nothing of any gift nor believing in Christ. Let's look again.

John 5 -
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Now tell me FG2, who come forth unto the resurrection of life according this passage? I have even bolded it for you!

Jn 3:15,16, and 6:40 are Jesus own words.

John 6:40 -
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Have you seen the Son, FG2? If not, then this passage isn't for you. No one today has seen the Son.

So we now have three things to occur in order to come forth unto the resurrection of life.
1. See the Son
2. Believe the Son
3. Do good

How are you doing so far, FG2?

What verse actually says this? In fact, one is born again when one believes in Christ.

And what verse actually says that?

Wrong. Those who believe are described as being a new creation (2 Cor 5:17). However, that new creation may or may not exhibit itself.

2 Corinthians does not say those 'who believe' as being a new creation.

Why wouldn't the new creation exhibit itself? It says 'all' things have become new; are there some 'old' things remaining?

It's a mistaken idea that being born again guarantees a better life. We are commanded to be filled with (Eph 5:18) and walk by means of the Holy Spirit, or we will fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Gal 5:16).

How does one fulfill the lusts of the flesh if 'all' things have become new?

When a believer grieves (Eph 4:30) or quenches the Holy Spirit (1 Thess 5:19), they are fulfilling the lusts of the flesh.

So you are saying 'not all' things have become new.

All the commands for living holy lives and being blameless are proof that believers must obey these commands and that they are not automatic or guarantee.

Why 'must' they obey these commands? 'Must' is a strong word.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus made that relationship, not me.

Answer this question - how does one come forth to the resurrection of life without doing good?

Do you think that is all that is required? And who said that one could come forth to the resurrection of life without good works? Has anyone said that? Those who attain the resurrection of Life have the record of doing good, but it was not the doing good that gained them that status. The doing good was the result of something else: Faith in Christ and union with Him. Just because it isn't spoken of in this passage does not mean that it is not part of the point.

Or, are you saying that faith in Christ is optional? Is it good works which are important?

If one is not doing good, then he/she is doing evil. You can't separate doing good from the resurrection of life. If you try to argue otherwise, you will be arguing against the very truth Jesus stated. Don't let your personal beliefs come between you and the truth Jesus gave.

How about you stop trying to assume things about me? Especially things that are not true? As I pointed out, there is not a causal relationship between doing good works and attaining the resurrection of life. Doing good works is not what causes one to attain the resurrection of life. To say that is what this verse says is reading into it a meaning that isn't there.

If one keeps evil in his heart, and keeps practicing that evil, he/she is not born again. He/she is still living in the morbid condition of a filthy heart. One can say they have a new heart all they want, but if they keep evil within it, nothing has changed; nothing is new.

Nobody is arguing contrary to this. Are you trying to subtly hint that someone here is harboring evil in their hearts, and practices it? Is that your view of Calvinists?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that is all that is required? And who said that one could come forth to the resurrection of life without good works? Has anyone said that? Those who attain the resurrection of Life have the record of doing good, but it was not the doing good that gained them that status. The doing good was the result of something else: Faith in Christ and union with Him. Just because it isn't spoken of in this passage does not mean that it is not part of the point.

Of the servant, whom much is given, much will be required.

Do you equate the resurrection of life to salvation? If so then, doing good is required for salvation.

Do you think one will come forth to the resurrection of life if he doesn't do good?

If doing good is the result of something else, what is the result of doing good?

Or, are you saying that faith in Christ is optional? Is it good works which are important?

Optional? No, no, no; now you are misrepresenting me. Get it correct!

I will ask you this - is doing good optional for salvation?

How about you stop trying to assume things about me? Especially things that are not true? As I pointed out, there is not a causal relationship between doing good works and attaining the resurrection of life. Doing good works is not what causes one to attain the resurrection of life. To say that is what this verse says is reading into it a meaning that isn't there.

Then by all means, remove 'doing good' from that passage, and your heart will be satisfied.

Nobody is arguing contrary to this. Are you trying to subtly hint that someone here is harboring evil in their hearts, and practices it? Is that your view of Calvinists?

I see assumption is your friend also. How true is the statement - those who judge others, are usually guilty of the same crime.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I asked, 'how does one come forth to the resurrection of life without doing good?' However, John 5:29 says nothing of any gift nor believing in Christ. Let's look again.
So, let's just ignore the set of verses I gave: "By having the gift of eternal life (Rom 6:23) which is through believing in Christ (Jn 3:15,16, 6:40)."

John 5 -
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Now tell me FG2, who come forth unto the resurrection of life according this passage? I have even bolded it for you!
I can just as easily bold in ALL the verses that I have given that eternal life is given on the basis of FAITH. But it seems that doesn't interest you, apparently. If your set of verses and my set of verses both are speaking about obtaining salvation (eternal life), then the Bible is obviously contradicted.

How about considering this explanation for John 5:29: "have done good" refers to believing in Jesus Christ, and "done evil" is to reject Jesus Christ as Savior. That makes sense with the rest of the Bible.

Especially since v.29 comes just 5 verses AFTER v.24, which says this: "“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life."

Either Jesus was confused about eternal life, or your view is. I know Jesus wasn't.

John 6:40 -
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Have you seen the Son, FG2? If not, then this passage isn't for you. No one today has seen the Son.
lol. Jesus Himself equated "seeing" with believing in John 3:15, which immediately followed v.14 about looking toward the bronze serpent on a pole, which was a type of Christ in the OT.

So we now have three things to occur in order to come forth unto the resurrection of life.
1. See the Son
2. Believe the Son
3. Do good
Sure. To "see" the Son means to understand who He is; the Son of God. To believe the Son means to put your full trust in Him to save you. And to "do good" means to believe in Him.

How are you doing so far, FG2?
The real question is: how are you doing so far?

And what verse actually says that?
SO you don't believe that one is born again when one believes in Christ? Then when do you think one is born again?

2 Corinthians does not say those 'who believe' as being a new creation.
Here is the verse: Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Now, the phrase "if anyone is in Christ" is a direct reference to those who have believed in Him. We know this from Eph 1:13 which says: "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,"

Please notice: "having also believed, you were sealed IN HIM". That's the proof.

Why wouldn't the new creation exhibit itself? It says 'all' things have become new; are there some 'old' things remaining?
The question reveals a lot of naivety. Those who have believed but weren't discipled can't know what they haven't learned. And the "old things" remaining is the sinful nature. We don't lose that until we die physically.

How does one fulfill the lusts of the flesh if 'all' things have become new?
Gal 5:16 says that if we walk by means of the Spirit, we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh. It goes both ways. When the believer isn't walking by means of the Spirit, he WILL fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

So you are saying 'not all' things have become new.
Nope. We do become born again. But we retain our sinful nature. So we have 2 natures, that battle against each other, according to Scripture: Gal 5:17 - "For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please."

Why 'must' they obey these commands? 'Must' is a strong word.
For blessings in time and reward in eternity. And to avoid God's hand of discipline.

I'm rather surprised at the level of naivety in your questions. What I have posted here is rather basic doctrine that every believer should know.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm rather surprised at the level of naivety in your questions. What I have posted here is rather basic doctrine that every believer should know.

:oldthumbsup:

It's real basic doctrine.

Many of us have different views concerning various doctrines (as we both well know:)). We can agree to disagree on many doctrines and still not think that the other person is so far off that they are not really a believer at all.

But there are certain things that really do cross the line and need to be called out for what they are IMO.

Most all evangelicals believe that believers will bear some good fruit in their life after being sealed for eternity by the Holy Spirit. Some will bring forth a lot of good fruit - due to their compliancy with the leading of the Spirit. Some bring forth more good fruit than others simply due to the length of their walk with the Lord before their physical death.

There can appear sometimes to be a fine line between doing good works because a person is resting in Christ and doing good works in order to become or to remain a new creation in Christ.

But anyone who has the Holy Spirit living within them should be able to see from scripture that there definitely is a line between the two.

It has appeared to me over time that some here have blurred that line so much that the simple gospel of grace has been obscured. If they would simply make a statement like I have made here before extolling good works it would go a long way toward my not thinking that they are preaching another gospel (which is not really a gospel at all).

IMO - a steadfast refusal to clarify these things for us means that they are either preaching another gospel or are just stirring things up because they have a bad spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Of the servant, whom much is given, much will be required.[/quote

Which is not what we're talking about right now, is it?

Do you equate the resurrection of life to salvation? If so then, doing good is required for salvation.

Do you think one will come forth to the resurrection of life if he doesn't do good?

If doing good is the result of something else, what is the result of doing good?

Nothing like twisting a question around, rather than answer it. It is clear from what is said that you are of the opinion that one must do good works TO BE saved. Please show us chapter and verse for that. I said Salvation is the result of faith in Christ, not good works. All that is being done here is isolating one verse and trying to make one part represent the whole.

It is true that those who attain the resurrection of life have done good works, but attaining the resurrection of life was not BECAUSE of their good works. Their works reflected what was in their hearts (or not), and that is Jesus, the Christ.

Optional? No, no, no; now you are misrepresenting me. Get it correct!

I like the Foghorn Leghorn opening...I just asked a question. Since you told someone else that faith wasn't mentioned in the passage, it had nothing to with it. I'm just trying to nail it down. Now, the complaint is misrepresentation of you. I did not misrepresent you, I asked a question to clarify a point. Rather than answering the question, I get attacked and accused falsely of things I didn't do. You have done so to me on may occasions. Doesn't feel so good when you think you're on the receiving end, does it? If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

I will ask you this - is doing good optional for salvation?

Doing good has nothing to do with getting saved, and it is a natural part of a truly saved person's life, AFTER they're saved.. Doing good does not qualify you for salvation. It's not the consideration when getting saved. The consideration is faith in Jesus, and receiving Him. Good works come later, as the Christian grows.

Then by all means, remove 'doing good' from that passage, and your heart will be satisfied.

My heart is satisfied with Truth, the Truth of God's Word, rightly divided and understood. That is not what I hear from you regarding this passage. it has been twisted into something unrecognizable.

I see assumption is your friend also. How true is the statement - those who judge others, are usually guilty of the same crime.

Ah, the old "I know you are, but what am I?" defense, which is a deflection. I think that maybe I nailed it. Better luck next time, thanks for playing!

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Many of us have different views concerning various doctrines (as we both well know:)). We can agree to disagree on many doctrines and still not think that the other person is so far off that they are not really a believer at all.

But there are certain things that really do cross the line and need to be call out for what they are IMO.

Most all evangelicals believe that believers will bear some good fruit in their life after being sealed for eternity by the Holy Spirit. Some will bring forth a lot of good fruit - due to their compliancy to the leading of the Spirit. Some bring forth more good fruit than others simply due to the length of their walk with the Lord before their physical death.

There can appear sometimes to be a fine line between doing good works because a person is resting in Christ and doing good works in order to become or to remain a new creation in Christ.

But anyone who has the Holy Spirit living within them should be able to see from scripture that there definitely is a line between the two.

It has appeared to me over time that some here have blurred that line so much that the simple gospel of grace has been obscured. If they would simply make a statement like I have made here before extolling good works it would go a long way toward my not thinking that they are preaching another gospel (which is not really a gospel at all).

IMO - a steadfast refusal to clarify these things for us means that they are either preaching another gospel or are just stirring things up because they have a bad spirit.
Amen!

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

But there are certain things that really do cross the line and need to be called out for what they are IMO.

Most all evangelicals believe that believers will bear some good fruit in their life after being sealed for eternity by the Holy Spirit. Some will bring forth a lot of good fruit - due to their compliancy with the leading of the Spirit. Some bring forth more good fruit than others simply due to the length of their walk with the Lord before their physical death.

Marvin, why is it you believe in OSAS, but have doubts about it when it concerns me?

Will someone tell me where the place of the unbeliever and hypocrite are?

Jesus never preached a gospel of grace, but that of removing evil and doing good to others.

Upvote 0

Winepress777

Jun 8, 2015
✟8,905.00
Faith
Christian
Why did he create people that He knew, if He created them, would go to hell? He could have simply opted to not create those people, sparing them from that fate. But he created them anyways.

He could have simply looked into the future to see who would, if he created the human race, use their free wills to cooperate with his salvation plan, and thus He'd have a whole human race of 100% saved people, and hell would be empty.

Why didn't he do that?

Please note that saying "God wanted us to make a choice" doesn't answer the question, because in my above example, I said that God could have simply created only those people he knew would freely make the right choice.

If God doesn't want anyone in hell, why did he give us the ability to be sinful? In heaven, after resurrection when we have glorified bodies, we won't be able to sin. We will be sinless forevermore, like Jesus. If God can do that then, why didn't He did that now? Why didn't he make the human race sinless from the beginning?

If God doesn't want anyone in hell, why did he allow the snake to come within 50 miles of Eve, and have that conversation with her? Was God unaware of what the snake was doing?

The reason I ask these questions is because there's two worldviews out there, two theologies, two soteriologies. One of them cannot offer intellectually satisfactory answers, but the other can.

To me, that is important.
I think you're simply asking why God made so many wicked dishonorable people. That answer is here;

(Rom 9:19) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he still find fault? For who withstandeth his will?

(Rom 9:20) Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why didst thou make me thus?

(Rom 9:21) Or hath not the potter a right over the clay, from the same lump to make one part a vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?

(Rom 9:22) What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering vessels of wrath fitted unto destruction:

(Rom 9:23) and that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he afore prepared unto glory,

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Marvin, why is it you believe in OSAS, but have doubts about it when it concerns me?

I think he explained why.

Who are you pointing fingers at? Just because we aren't buying into a works-based work your tokus-off flavor of Christianity doesn't mean we're unbelievers or hypocrites.

Jesus never preached a gospel of grace, but that of removing evil and doing good to others.

He preached much more than that. Paul preached Grace, which he received by revelation from God. Was Paul wrong?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
EmSw said, "Marvin, why is it you believe in OSAS, but have doubts about it when it concerns me?
Jesus never preached a gospel of grace, but that of removing evil and doing good to others."

I don't have doubts about whether you or anyone else who believes receives eternal life rather than the perhaps "temporary" life you preach.

What I do have doubts about is whether or not you have ever been saved in the first place.

If the works gospel you preach is all you have ever believed - then I don't believe you have ever been saved.

If that is the case - OSAS doesn't apply to you.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. But some of those unbelievers and hypocrites are operating here in the forum.

Jesus did indeed preach a gospel of grace.

He removed evil by nailing it to the cross with Himself.

He did good to others by dying for their sins - the just for the unjust.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think he explained why.

So a person is only OSAS when it is to your liking?

Who are you pointing fingers at? Just because we aren't buying into a works-based work your tokus-off flavor of Christianity doesn't mean we're unbelievers or hypocrites.

You are out in left field again. Please read all my posts before you start on your rants.

He preached much more than that. Paul preached Grace, which he received by revelation from God. Was Paul wrong?

Jesus never mentioned the word grace. He preached the gospel of the kingdom.

I'm not saying grace isn't involved with the gospel. But grace is only a part; it isn't the all to end all.

So much more is involved with the gospel. The gospel isn't passive when it comes to one's salvation. It requires something from everyone.

2 Thessalonians 1:8
dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Perhaps you can tell me what is to be obeyed in the gospel. Obeying is strictly upon the shoulders of man.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
EmSw said, "Marvin, why is it you believe in OSAS, but have doubts about it when it concerns me?
Jesus never preached a gospel of grace, but that of removing evil and doing good to others."

I don't have doubts about whether you or anyone else who believes receives eternal life rather than the perhaps "temporary" life you preach.

What I do have doubts about is whether or not you have ever been saved in the first place.

If the works gospel you preach is all you have ever believed - then I don't believe you have ever been saved.

So who picks who has been saved in the first place? Does a person get to pick and choose who he thinks is saved?

What is wrong with believing the words of Jesus for salvation? Are they inadequate?

If that is the case - OSAS doesn't apply to you.

Here again, man is choosing who is saved and who is not.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. But some of those unbelievers and hypocrites are operating here in the forum.

Matthew 24
48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’
49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards;
50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know,
51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 12
45 But if that slave says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk;
46 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

What place is assigned to the hypocrites and unbelievers? Why would a servant of Jesus be assigned to such a place?

Jesus did indeed preach a gospel of grace.

Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom; He never once mentioned grace.

He removed evil by nailing it to the cross with Himself.

If He removed evil, why is it still prevalent among believers?

He did good to others by dying for their sins - the just for the unjust.

And so you are taking credit for yourself for the good works of Jesus?

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
EmSw said:
So a person is only OSAS when it is to your liking?

I said nothing of the sort. Where do you come up with these non-sequitur, false accusations?

EmSw said:
NBF said:

You are out in left field again. Please read all my posts before you start on your rants.

Rants? What rants? I asked as question, and it's been duck and dodge, bob and weave ever since.

EmSw said:
Jesus never mentioned the word grace. He preached the gospel of the kingdom.

I'm not saying grace isn't involved with the gospel. But grace is only a part; it isn't the all to end all.

No one has said that it is. But you seem to bristle at the mention of Grace. And just because Jesus didn't mention the word Grace, is no reason to assume that Grace was not a component of His preaching and teaching.

EmSw said:
So much more is involved with the gospel. The gospel isn't passive when it comes to one's salvation. It requires something from everyone.

The first and primary things is faith in Christ, and that comes by God's Grace, since without it, no man would believe. God must act first.

EmSw said:
(formatting is goofy here)
2 Thessalonians 1:8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Perhaps you can tell me what is to be obeyed in the gospel. Obeying is strictly upon the shoulders of man.

The primary thing, without which none of the rest of it can or will happen, is for a man to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and be saved from his sins. The problem I see in your view is that you have replaced faith in Christ with good works as the basis for salvation. That is a problem, as good works are the result of faith in Christ , and learning of Him. Any works done before faith in Christ are unacceptable to God, He views them as filthy rags (the Hebrew calls them menstrual rags, which are unclean). Even works done from a fleshly motivated idea of pleasing God are unacceptable to Him. God has ordained good works for the believer (and only the believer) to walk in, and accomplish. Those works do not gain or maintain salvation, they are the basis of heavenly rewards for the believer. The way to do good works that are pleasing to God is to be led by His Spirit. Do that, and obedience to God is in play and being done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
One of the things we must do, is to trust Him in all of this, Trust that He knows what He's doing, even if we don't see any way that this could be good. To Him it IS good. He brings good out of the evil that men intend. Every time. Even if we don't see it. We don't serve a weak, bumbling, scatterbrained God, we serve the Sovereign Lord God Almighty, who is in complete control of His creation down to the smallest sub-atomic particle. Men freely choose what God intends, 100% of the time.
Amen to that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It is simple. There is much talk of "predestination" on this thread but it is the wishy washy kind, i.e single predestination.

However, as all of the best articles for centuries have shown. In reality predestination is double, e.g

The Well-Meant Offer and Reprobation
Ronald Hanko
Free will and predestination are not in conflict.

I suspect that Ronald Hanko would disagree with me on that.

Everything that happens in God's creation is predestined by God to happen.

I would think that he would agree with me there.

I would have to have a more detailed explanation of what Hanko means by the "well meant offer" of salvation before I could say if I disagree with his view concerning it. But I suspect that I would disagree with him on that point.

Jesus wept over Jerusalem and indicated that His offer to gather them unto Himself was "well meant". Unless He was being disingenuous, that would contradict Hanko's position concerning a heart felt offer of what he would agree was predestined reprobation.

I doubt that Hanko has any more insight into the heart of God than I do. I think it unwise to stretch human logic too far when dealing with God's ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting statement, given these verses: Jn 1:14,17 - 14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

Reactions: nobdysfool
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting statement, given these verses: Jn 1:14,17 - 14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

Perhaps you missed the word 'preached'. Try again.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You do agree, don't you, that everything that Paul preached was just a repeat of what the Spirit of Christ within him preached.

What Jesus preached in the four gospels was only what He "began" to do and preach according to the first chapter of Acts. He continues in the book of Acts and in the writings of the apostles and in the life of His body the church.

He went away for a short while as was beneficial for us. But, as He promised, He has come again and continues teaching.

Like was said before, this is all really basic stuff.

What's your purpose in dividing the Word and the work of the Lord in the way you are trying to do?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said this:
"Interesting statement, given these verses: Jn 1:14,17 - 14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. 17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ."
So, Jesus didn't preach what He was??? I believe He did. Being grace and truth, I have no doubt that is what He preached.

Upvote 0