If Donald Trump really doesn't pay federal income tax...

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
People who support their country are the real patriots, not tax evading flag flyers.
If you don't like how the tax system is now you should be for Donald Trump's plan to simplify it.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. The focus should be on both candidates and their financial (as well as other) dealings. There is no justification for the either/or argument.
There is no equivalency between regular business practices (such as minimizing taxes) and operating a Clinton Crime Foundation while blatantly abusing the position of Secretary of State.

That's what most people do not wish to acknowledge, and that is what the media as well as the internet giants (Google etc) have been suppressing. The playing field has always been skewed for Hillary, even after she stole the nomination from Bernie, even after she created ISIS, even after she was responsible for the Benghazi disaster, even after she destroyed Libya, and lied about everything.

toyota-isis.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The playing field has always been skewed for Hillary, even after she stole the nomination from Bernie, even after she created ISIS, even after she was responsible for the Benghazi disaster, even after she destroyed Libya, and lied about everything.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no equivalency between regular business practices (such as minimizing taxes) and operating a Clinton Crime Foundation while blatantly abusing the position of Secretary of State.

That's what most people do not wish to acknowledge, and that is what the media as well as the internet giants (Google etc) have been suppressing. The playing field has always been skewed for Hillary, even after she stole the nomination from Bernie, even after she created ISIS, even after she was responsible for the Benghazi disaster, even after she destroyed Libya, and lied about everything.

toyota-isis.jpg
The equivalency I refer to is that both candidates get scrutiny. One does not get a pass based on a third-grade argument like "well, what about [fill in the name of the opposing candidate], huh?

Sorry, no free passes for Trump (the topic of the thread) from me. Start one on Hillary and I'll say the same thing.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The equivalency I refer to is that both candidates get scrutiny. One does not get a pass based on a third-grade argument like "well, what about [fill in the name of the opposing candidate], huh?

It's not an argument. It an answer to a question. He said he would release his tax returns, against his lawyer's advice, when Hillary Clinton released the e-mails she deleted. Seems reasonable to me.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not an argument. It an answer to a question. He said he would release his tax returns, against his lawyer's advice, when Hillary Clinton released the e-mails she deleted. Seems reasonable to me.

Tax returns = tax returns. Tax returns ≠ e-mails.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
Is there a single reader of this thread who is going to step forward and say "I want to pay more taxes than I am legally required to?"
I was more wondering if someone was going to say, "I don't think of it as smart, nor do I think it should be emulated." I'm worried that Trump may attract people that don't consider supporting our government through our taxes is a smart thing to do. Why would it be considered smart? That perplexes me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
Not releasing his tax returns does not violate federal law; deleting emails that rightfully belong to the people does.....
Try not to derail. This is neither about releasing tax returns or deleting emails. I'm interested it the ethics of people who might think it's smart and emulation worthy to not pay taxes. What's smart about such a social stance?

Upvote 0

jardiniere

Oct 14, 2006
✟152,266.00
Faith
Pantheist
People who support their country are the real patriots, not tax evading flag flyers.
I wasn't even considering "patriotism" when I started thinking about this-my focus was more on the junction of very rich people/our admiration for them/our desire to be like them/ and finally, does that conflict with our obligations we have in our society.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm interested it the ethics of people who might think it's smart and emulation worthy to not pay taxes.

Why would it not be ethical not to pay taxes to the government if it's done using the government's own rules?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't even considering "patriotism" when I started thinking about this-my focus was more on the junction of very rich people/our admiration for them/our desire to be like them/ and finally, does that conflict with our obligations we have in our society.

We are taught that the individual is more important than the country, and that the welfare of the general population can be sacrificed for the sake of the individual, so why should avoiding taxes be so terrible?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Our failing institutions rely on these taxes, and we must pay them in order to finance the decline of America. :sigh:

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,634.00
Faith
Atheist

If Trump wants Hillary to release her emails, he should release his emails.

Hillary has already released her tax returns, so Trump should _______ (fill in the blank).

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tax avoidance =/= tax evasion...
Another misconception. For whatever reason, the Tax Code has built in hundreds of ways to avoid paying tax legally. If the politicians wanted a really fair system, the Tax Code would be a one-page document which says "Kindly report all your income and pay just 10% tax no matter how high or how low your income is. There will be no deductions, no exemptions, and no other shenanigans".

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Trump wants Hillary to release her emails, he should release his emails.

Hillary has already released her tax returns, so Trump should _______ (fill in the blank).
These are all diversionary tactics. Wikileaks has already released her emails and no one has done a thing to prosecute.

Upvote 0