If Donald Trump really doesn't pay federal income tax...

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...900,000,000+$ lost in 1995...I had always figured that he lied about being a great businessman, but I had no idea his failures were so enormous. One can only speculate how big his losses were on the other times he declared bankruptcy.

So what are his supporters claiming as a reason to vote for him now? Everyone that I ever spoke with who supported him believed something along the lines of "he's a great businessman...he'll fix the economy!" Do his supporters even have a reason to vote for him now?

Beats me.
Trump's expertise seems to be milking local government for tax breaks and projecting a brand that is built on perception.

The way Donald J. Trump tells it, his first solo project as a real estate developer, the conversion of a faded railroad hotel on 42nd Street into the sleek, 30-story Grand Hyatt, was a triumph from the very beginning.

The hotel, Mr. Trump bragged in “Trump: The Art of the Deal,” his 1987 best seller, “was a hit from the first day. Gross operating profits now exceed $30 million a year.”

But that book, and numerous interviews over the years, make little mention of a crucial factor in getting the hotel built: an extraordinary 40-year tax break that has cost New York City $360 million to date in forgiven, or uncollected, taxes, with four years still to run, on a property that cost only $120 million to build in 1980.

The project set the pattern for Mr. Trump’s New York career: He used his father’s, and, later, his own, extensive political connections, and relied on a huge amount of assistance from the government and taxpayers in the form of tax breaks, grants and incentives to benefit the 15 buildings at the core of his Manhattan real estate empire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/n...overage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article&_r=0

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If Trump is serious about "making America great again", why isn't he prepared to hekp pay for it? Who does he think SHOULD pay for it?

Of course he doesn't want to pay for it, according to Trumps past he believes paying your bills is for chumps. The people he has conned into supporting him, they are the ones who he expects to pay for this, just like he expects people who did work for him to pay for the "honour."

Oh, he also expects his supporters to purchase a lot of products that carry the "Trump" label. I'm betting they will.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Get back to us when Trump actually doesn't pay income taxes. This new campaign of slander doesn't speak well for Hillary or any of her devotees. :sigh:

Why is it that four years ago, conservatives and Republicans railed that people who didn't pay income tax were "takers", but now that it appears their man is the one not paying income tax, it has become a virtue. Evaluating by sheer numbers of flip floppers, this may be the most epic flip flop in the history of mankind.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump's expertise seems to be milking local government for tax breaks and projecting a brand that is built on perception.
All cities and states do this because.....drum roll please......all cities and states do this. What is Hillaryous is blaming businesses for taking advantvage of what state and local politicians craft in order to atrract businesses; don't like it? Simple solution, don't vote for them. So it really boils down to personal responsibility for an indivuals votes. Stop carping about what you, as a voter, are ultimately responsible for......

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
All cities and states do this because.....drum roll please......all cities and states do this. What is Hillaryous is blaming businesses for taking advantvage of what state and local politicians craft in order to atrract businesses; don't like it? Simple solution, don't vote for them. So it really boils down to personal responsibility for an indivuals votes. Stop carping about what you, as a voter, are ultimately responsible for......

Well said -- so let's not vote for Trump, who will craft laws in order to "attract" his own business.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I will "carp" as I please regarding the business ethics of one Donald Trump.

Upvote 0