Idaho public health official left a meeting in tears as anti-maskers swarmed her home

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These public health meetings are public. You know, you go up to the microphone and speak your piece to your elected officials. (Or in this case, you do it on Zoom.)

Why have you been so silent on blm/antifa?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
These public health meetings are public. You know, you go up to the microphone and speak your piece to your elected officials. (Or in this case, you do it on Zoom.)
But not intimidate the child of one of the officials alone in his own home.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
What would you have them do?
Wear a mask like a decent person and stop throwing tantrums because they don't understand how biology works.

Beyond that, if they have an opinion on a policy under active debate in a jurisdiction they are a resident of, they should avail themselves of the public comment system that is part of that policy consideration process.

Beyond that, they are free to peaceably assemble on public property (not at someone's private home) and wave signs, chant, or whatever else they want to do as part of their protests against basic facts and human decency.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
You should have been voicing your views on all the blm/antifa threads.

I condemned rioting and violence in those threads.

I also corrected people conflating protestors with rioters.

While the left leaning media was spinning the news to minimize the appearance of violence, right wing media was making broad false claims regarding the violence, insinuating that all protesters were violent.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wear a mask like a decent person and stop throwing tantrums because they don't understand how biology works.

Beyond that, if they have an opinion on a policy under active debate in a jurisdiction they are a resident of, they should avail themselves of the public comment system that is part of that policy consideration process.

Beyond that, they are free to peaceably assemble on public property (not at someone's private home) and wave signs, chant, or whatever else they want to do as part of their protests against basic facts and human decency.

Somebody needs to tell the military that they are wasting a ton of money on protection from viral and chemical attacks. All they need is a cloth mask. Maybe they need a biology lesson.

Osha also needs to start making some refunds. I spent a lot of money over the years paying for these ppe classes. I was obviously lied to.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I also expect to see you standing up against blm/antifa. We could use a few more people saying that they are going about this all wrong.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to agree that this was a lousy thing to do.

If you want to make peaceful public demonstrations that's one thing.

But to go to someone's house to make a protest?

Whole nuther thing.

BLM and Antifa has done it too... except that the neighborhood residents were armed and then had to go to court repeatedly to defend themselves from the prosecutors.

None of this is right or just.

Currently Idaho is in Bad shape for coronavirus. I'm sure St Luke's is being overrun with patients while people continue to demonstrate over having to wear pants....er... I mean masks in public.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I condemned rioting and violence in those threads.

I also corrected people conflating protestors with rioters.

While the left leaning media was spinning the news to minimize the appearance of violence, right wing media was making broad false claims regarding the violence, insinuating that all protesters were violent.

This article is about a protest so we should be on the same page.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This article is about protesters going to a persons home and intimidating a 12 year old.

I'd think we'd be on the same page, but you're defending it.

How did they intimidate the kids? I couldn't read the first article so I might have missed something.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
I also expect to see you standing up against blm/antifa. We could use a few more people saying that they are going about this all wrong.
I oppose rioting, and any protesting at the homes of private citizens, and have done so no matter the side.

I would note, however, that the BLM protests were almost uniformly peaceful until local authorities attempted to enforce curfew restrictions, which led to chaos that was then used by opportunistic people to engage in rioting and looting. Research has shown that enforcement of things like curfews by authorities is one of the most likely things to turn a peaceful protest into a riot, and that places that allow protests to go on without curfew enforcement see far fewer instances of rioting and looting than localities that do attempt to enforce such rules. The "Occupy" movements of the early 2010s were basically months-long peaceful protests that in most places petered out and ended; in places where local governments attempted to enforce loitering or curfew restrictions on Occupy protests rioting and looting did often occur.

Also, despite the lies of right-wing media most cities, even those where confrontations became violent, saw no large-scale disruptions from the BLM protests, which were generally restricted to geographically small places within the city. I live in a city where there were confrontations between the police and protesters caused by curfew enforcement. My ill-informed conservative family members expressed concern for my safety, and didn't believe me when I pointed out that the small riots took place miles from me and didn't impact the day to day functioning of the city.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Somebody needs to tell the military that they are wasting a ton of money on protection from viral and chemical attacks. All they need is a cloth mask. Maybe they need a biology lesson.

COVID-19 is spread by respiratory droplets. The viral protein's lipid envelope is not particularly strong and breaks down quickly in open air. Wearing a face mask that covers your mouth and nose prevents almost all respiratory droplets from spreading far from your face when breathing or speaking at a normal volume. Comparing this to weaponized viruses or chemical attacks is incredibly ignorant.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I oppose rioting, and any protesting at the homes of private citizens, and have done so no matter the side.

I would note, however, that the BLM protests were almost uniformly peaceful until local authorities attempted to enforce curfew restrictions, which led to chaos that was then used by opportunistic people to engage in rioting and looting. Research has shown that enforcement of things like curfews by authorities is one of the most likely things to turn a peaceful protest into a riot, and that places that allow protests to go on without curfew enforcement see far fewer instances of rioting and looting than localities that do attempt to enforce such rules. The "Occupy" movements of the early 2010s were basically months-long peaceful protests that in most places petered out and ended; in places where local governments attempted to enforce loitering or curfew restrictions on Occupy protests rioting and looting did often occur.

Also, despite the lies of right-wing media most cities, even those where confrontations became violent, saw no large-scale disruptions from the BLM protests, which were generally restricted to geographically small places within the city. I live in a city where there were confrontations between the police and protesters caused by curfew enforcement. My ill-informed conservative family members expressed concern for my safety, and didn't believe me when I pointed out that the small riots took place miles from me and didn't impact the day to day functioning of the city.

You must be watching something I'm not. I watched many live feeds of nothing but chaos. Even here in Kentucky blm used extortion to get their way. They threatened all kinds of businesses and people had to pay. The nfa guys showed up in Frankfort threatening to shoot people. I could go on and on but you get the point.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
You must be watching something I'm not. I watched many live feeds of nothing but chaos. Even here in Kentucky blm used extortion to get their way. They threatened all kinds of businesses and people had to pay. The nfa guys showed up in Frankfort threatening to shoot people. I could go on and on but you get the point.
The only point that I get is that you have overloaded your brain with nonsense from "news" sites that exist only to tell conservatives that they are right and the world is a dark and scary place.

I live in a city that had months-long BLM protests. I have done graduate-level study into protest movements and political organizing. Your assertions are not grounded in reality.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
How did they intimidate the kids?
I couldn't read the first article so I might have missed something.

Could you read the OP?

Minutes into a public health district’s virtual meeting to vote on a local mask mandate in Idaho on Tuesday evening, Ada County Commissioner Diana Lachiondo tearfully excused herself after getting a phone call that anti-mask protesters had surrounded her home.

“My 12-year-old son is home by himself right now, and there are protesters banging outside the door,” she told the Central District Health’s Board of Health, which serves four counties in the state’s most populous region. “I’m going to go home and make sure he’s okay.”

The protests on Friday and Tuesday were organized by a multistate network of right-wing activists called People’s Rights. The group was founded by Ammon Bundy, a vocal anti-masker and anti-government activist who gained national attention as part of the 2016 standoff between Patriot movement extremists and federal police at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. Bundy was arrested in August at the Idaho Capitol after tying himself to a chair and refusing to leave amid an anti-mask protest.

Fewer than 15 minutes after Tuesday’s meeting began, Boise police and Mayor Lauren McLean (D) requested the board cancel it, citing safety concerns for police, staff and board members who were dealing with protesters on their doorsteps. McLean condemned the demonstrators, who she said did not come from the local counties the health board represents.

A Central District Health employee placed one protester under citizen’s arrest for trespassing, and Boise police took custody of the individual a short time later, police said in a statement.

(local news link (with no paywall))

I'll repeat it:

“My 12-year-old son is home by himself right now, and there are protesters banging outside the door,” she told the Central District Health’s Board of Health, which serves four counties in the state’s most populous region. “I’m going to go home and make sure he’s okay.”

You've posted nearly a dozen times in this thread, yet you haven't actually read the OP? I'm shocked that you're posting out of ignorance. Shocked, i tell you.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
COVID-19 is spread by respiratory droplets. The viral protein's lipid envelope is not particularly strong and breaks down quickly in open air. Wearing a face mask that covers your mouth and nose prevents almost all respiratory droplets from spreading far from your face when breathing or speaking at a normal volume. Comparing this to weaponized viruses or chemical attacks is incredibly ignorant.

That's me, Im just a simple and ignorant man. Stay safe out there.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
That's me, Im just a simple and ignorant man. Stay safe out there.
Everyone is ignorant when it comes to things they haven't learned anything about. The number of things I am ignorant regarding is legion. The same is true of everyone.

Upvote 0