Pregnant with no OB-GYNs around: In Idaho, maternity care became a casualty of its abortion ban

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Bradish said her biggest fear is about the timing of her due date in January — what she calls “blizzard time,” given that Sandpoint can get more than 30 inches of snow that month.
30 inches for the whole month? We get that much with one snow storm. Esp Buffalo gets a lot of snow. The record is California with 390 inches in a month. With Washington close behind them.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
30 inches for the whole month? We get that much with one snow storm. Esp Buffalo gets a lot of snow. The record is California with 390 inches in a month. With Washington close behind them.
Clearly just a hysterical woman.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hamstrung from saving lives?
Did you miss the point entirely ? If being hamstrung, they cannot take more lives, and it might 'cost' a much smaller number of lives if they choose to more for the money, instead of remain for the health of their patients without taking lives,
thus
a choice they made - and/or their employers made - to move for more money, blaming it on the 'hamstrung' effect of the laws that actually save more lives ,
or the health providers could have (should have ? a moral choice)
could have remained in order to be there for their patients when needed FOR LIFE,
instead of moving to where they could make more money TAKING LIVES.

"Hamstrung" like with laws that outlaw some things - thus criminals are hamstrung ? So criminals afraid of being caught and convicted MOVE to someplace easier to commit crime/ make money ....

The law does have a hamstrung effect on criminals when it is enforced anyway,

and the criminals (and including politicians who make money from crime) don't like such laws.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In part this is yellow journalism. Geographically I imagine half of Idaho does not have a OBGYN within 32 miles, the distance between Bonner's Ferry and Sandpoint. The state only in 2018 started its first medical school, a D.O. institution. So the whole state has a shortage of all types of doctors. Fact is Idaho ranks last in Dr's per person. See States ranked by active physicians per capita Small hospitals around the country are closing and limiting services. Bonner's Ferry has 2,561 in population so how many OBGYN's should they have? The birth rate is 12 per 1000 so maybe 31 births per year at most, making it just 8 births in the entire winter.

Now let's sensationalize the snow. Here is the quote. "Bradish said her biggest fear is about the timing of her due date in January — what she calls “blizzard time,” given that Sandpoint can get more than 30 inches of snow that month." Wow, a whole 30 inches of snow in a month. Never mind the largest snow in history of Bonner's Ferry was 20 inches on a day on Dec. 2, 2007. Most Daily Snow in Bonners Ferry History.

Of the top 25 snows in Bonners Ferry the range was 12 to 20 inches and that is from 1907. Only 7 snows in over a 115 years in january were 12 inches or more in a single day. 31 days x 115 years = 3565. 7/3565 is .002 Given there is approximately a 10% chance of a baby being born on a day in January from Bonner's Ferry, the odds of a baby being born on a day it snows 12 inches in January is .0002. Good thing this woman is not having a baby in the summer the forest fires would pose a much larger threat with a highway closure. When you live that rural you will never have all the services you need.

• Informative
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟231,093.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
30 inches for the whole month? We get that much with one snow storm.
If the location given in your profile is correct (Akron, OH), there has never been a snowstorm that brought 30" of snow. The biggest snowstorm in Akron's history was 24.9" in December 1974 with the second being 19.7 in April of 1987. There have only been two months in Akron's history where snowfall has exceeded 30" in a single month, January 1978 and February 2010.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And if they did not do what is right , Then because the doctors COULD (and used to) act, more killings happen.
So maybe the doctors SHOULD be hamstrung?
I went to the emergency room recently and the doctor wanted me to sign a piece of paper so they could give me fentanyl and euthanize me. Then my son showed up and there was a team of six or seven people that scattered when they saw him. They sent me to room where I was told they do things very different there.

• Wow
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The outpouring of support for these women from the anti-abortion folks really brings a tear to my eye.
I spend more time talking to women that have had an abortion to get them reconciled with their baby so they can go to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I went to the emergency room recently and the doctor wanted me to sign a piece of paper so they could give me fentanyl and euthanize me. Then my son showed up and there was a team of six or seven people that scattered when they saw him. They sent me to room where I was told they do things very different there.
Things that didn’t happen for $1,000.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Clarify, referring to this kind of (mal-) practice ? >

theatlantic.com › health › archive › 2019 › 01 › medical-aid-in-dying-medications › 580591

How Aid-in-Dying Doctors Decide Which Drugs Actually Work - The Atlantic

Seven states—including Hawaii, where a law took effect on January 1—and the District of Columbia now allow doctors to write lethal prescriptions

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is that what they charge $1000? Then they are STUPID, because by the time I went home I had a $60,000 charge.
An acquaintance several years ago was taken to an er, surgery they did not want was done , they spent another week in the recovery/ hospital,
and the bill was almost $200,000. (most got paid by taxpayers, some little bit was 'forgiven' for 'sharity'/pauper type)

All this instead of $50.00 plus cost of a simple doctors visit......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Clarify, referring to this kind of (mal-) practice ? >
Could not have been mal practice, there were 7 people in the room and they knew what was going on. I do not know what sort of a rhythm they were getting out of my heart. I recently had an abrasion. I can not remember if they shocked me to get me back to a regular rhythm that time or not. The doctor on duty decided to make an adjustment on my pacemaker. It could be a long wait to get a doctor that knows what they are doing. Could be five or six hours before they are making their rounds. When I decided I had enough and wanted to go home a nurse was able to find a doctor to discharge me.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Could not have been mal practice, there were 7 people in the room and they knew what was going on. I do not know what sort of a rhythm they were getting out of my heart. I recently had an abrasion.
Do you mean ablation? Those are two different things.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The only believable part of your story.
I talked to the fire chief in two different cities. They told me my odds of still being alive were 1 in 12,000 and that was 20 years ago. God has a reason he is keeping me alive and keeping me going. The doctors can only do so much and we need to trust and believe in God to go beyond what the doctors can do.

You do not believe that God is a God of miracles. All He does is restore us to His plan and purpose. The real problem with a miracle is to show that there was every a problem in the first place because of the restoration God is able to do. We give Him all the praise, honor and glory. I have a wife and a son who know how to pray for me if I am not able to pray for myself.

Upvote 0