I Want to Offer an Apology

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I want to formally apologize to everyone here. I don't want to drag this out but I do want to say I'm sorry and explain in the hopes that this will make sense because it's been a long time coming and it needs to be done as sincerely and honestly as possible.:)

I didn't realize until recently how depressing many of my posts have been. Some of you know that that past half-year or so has been the worst of my life and in the real world I've done a great job of hiding this. Most of my friends and family know little or nothing about what has gone on and how I feel and I'm proud of this, mostly because I prefer to deal with problems on my own and keep my feelings to myself. Unfortunately when I write my feelings come out more naturally and in the process of posting on here I've allowed too much of my doubt and frustration to come out, whether intentionally or by accident. We have enough grief and depression on this forum and I don't want to add to it, although I fear I already have far beyond what is acceptable. There are some members here who either think less of me or have ignored me altogether because of this and I don't blame them in the least. Their feelings are not unwarranted.

In the end it's no one's fault but my own for griping about my own problems without taking the time to listen to anyone else's and for that I am sorry as well. I've considered leaving CF permanently and I still may do that in the near future but regardless of whether I stay or go I wanted to set things right. However, an apology isn't valid without change and that's where I'm stepping it up. I will no longer be posting about myself: my thoughts, my feelings, my problems, or my victories if they should ever show themselves again. You all know everything about me: now I want to know about YOU and what I can do to pray or encourage you all more in whatever you're dealing with or doing.

This has already gone on far longer than intended so I'll cut it short. I'm blessed to know so many amazing people here and I don't expect or merit forgiveness or a second chance. What I can promise is to keep things to myself and focus on all of you, which I fully intend to do from now on. Again, I apologize and for the few friends that I haven't lost on here: see you around!:wave:

--Austin

Last edited:

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Its alright Thunder Peel......erm Austin
I don't really know that much about you, though I can say I've been going through a similar experience myself right now. I worry that I've distanced myself too much from others, it feels strange for me to be with a group of friends because of that distance. I too want to make a change in my life.

May God give you the strength to make these changes in your life. May God help you to understand and reach out to others. May God make all things new again in your life and my life too :)

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

Austin, it's not the posting about yourself that we mind...I think most of us would prefer it if you still talked about yourself sometimes-we care about you, we want to know you...the only part that is hard to take is the negativity you have towards all things about yourself...and only then, it's because we all know just how wonderful and amazing you are and how much God just is longing to use you for SO much...It's just heartbreaking that you don't (or perhaps simply refuse) to see it and strengthen those parts of you.

I really sincerely hope and pray you do. You are truly wonderful and a blessing to so many, more than you realize.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well it's nice to hear you say this. I still hope you seriously don't believe all those stupid things you've said about yourself lol.

Just work on having confidence and improve your self worth and image, and do whatever else to improve your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I want to formally apologize to everyone here. I don't want to drag this out but I do want to say I'm sorry and explain in the hopes that this will make sense because it's been a long time coming and it needs to be done as sincerely and honestly as possible.:)

I didn't realize until recently how depressing many of my posts have been. Some of you know that that past half-year or so has been the worst of my life and in the real world I've done a great job of hiding this. Most of my friends and family know little or nothing about what has gone on and how I feel and I'm proud of this, mostly because I prefer to deal with problems on my own and keep my feelings to myself. Unfortunately when I write my feelings come out more naturally and in the process of posting on here I've allowed too much of my doubt and frustration to come out, whether intentionally or by accident. We have enough grief and depression on this forum and I don't want to add to it, although I fear I already have far beyond what is acceptable. There are some members here who either think less of me or have ignored me altogether because of this and I don't blame them in the least. Their feelings are not unwarranted.

In the end it's no one's fault but my own for griping about my own problems without taking the time to listen to anyone else's and for that I am sorry as well. I've considered leaving CF permanently and I still may do that in the near future but regardless of whether I stay or go I wanted to set things right. However, an apology isn't valid without change and that's where I'm stepping it up. I will no longer be posting about myself: my thoughts, my feelings, my problems, or my victories if they should ever show themselves again. You all know everything about me: now I want to know about YOU and what I can do to pray or encourage you all more in whatever you're dealing with or doing.

This has already gone on far longer than intended so I'll cut it short. I'm blessed to know so many amazing people here and I don't expect or merit forgiveness or a second chance. What I can promise is to keep things to myself and focus on all of you, which I fully intend to do from now on. Again, I apologize and for the few friends that I haven't lost on here: see you around!:wave:

--Austin

Hey Austin :) I think Mary summed it up quite well. It isn't that we don't want to hear about you, where you're at, how you're doing, what you're thinking or feeling.. but it's just that it hurts so much to see someone seemingly believe all the b.s. you've been coming across lately. Those are all lies. You are not a terrible person. You are not a loser. You are not destined for failure. I mean, if you are so are we (and I just refuse to believe such things). We're all in the same boat here. We've all been where you're at; some of us are still there. We believe a bunch of crap because we've failed at something. Or we believe we're failures because we did try and maybe things didn't wind up like we thought they would. What builds character are not the good times, not the easy times, nor the times when we have reason to be happy and celebrate. What builds character are the times that threaten to tear us down, the lonely times, the heartbreaking times... how we persevere through them. God never said we wouldn't have to go through the flames, but God did say we would not be harmed by them. I mean.. but you know all this stuff, man. That's what I think hurts us more - at least it hurts me. I've seen the goodness in you, the maturity in you.. the awesomeness, sure. And [bless, don't curse], you can get there again. You can if you lean entirely on God and stop looking to the world to validate your existence. I have not really ignored you per se, but I have been skimming more of your posts lately. I just can't. And I refuse to answer your question because I don't think it would be very fruitful for you to have me answer it. Truthfully, it was darkness. And who knows, I don't think that dream was from God because I know how I felt afterward. I was saddened and the whole thing just was not right. I dunno. I guess I'm crawling out from my own trenches in a sense, so I do know how you feel and I know a lot of people here know how you feel. We're all single, dude.. it's not like any one is any better than the other. :sorry: Anyway... I hope you still consider me a friend because I sure as hell consider you one.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Austin, This is just my opinion, but in this area we all know each other fairly well some more than others but I don't think it's -ever- been a problem when someone posts their feelings in their posts, whether it bleeds out by accident or they're just rambling to get their thoughts out. If it is a problem to some people then that's totally their issue, not yours. I know a lot of people here truly love you and want to know whats going on with you, whether it be so-called depressing or your victories, I don't think they mind one bit. I know I don't.
It's fine to do what you feel you must do, but in the end just remember people here think very highly of you and don't care whether your posts are upbeat or not. :hug:

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

--Austin
Austin I speak for myself when I say you did nothing wrong to apologize but I understand why you are doing it and I want you to know how noble it is of you to do this openly!

First I want to say if you feel anyone wants to stop their friendship because you are struggling then they were never your friend in the first place. We do not leave people behind because they are struggling and hurting. We need to sometimes take those days away from ourselves and listen to others and take care of them. And Austin many of us are here to take care of you! Please believe me when I say this that you are amazing and we care for you so much, I care for you so much. I don't want to ever feel that you do not deserve to express anything that you want to express on the forum. I know the forums are a ground for a lot of people to talk about their struggles. I get it. I do it too because of the comfort of knowing someone is there to take care of me by listening in some way, to help me, to lift me, to tell me they are HERE with me! How could we ask you to not tell us that you are hurting if you also give to us just as much as we give to you and others? I also know what its like to hide what you are going through with your friends and family, but you are not a burden Austin for what you are doing through. You are not! You will never be, and please, I ask you to stop allowing these lies to take control of you and stop believing things that are not true.

You are a kind, caring, giving, funning and extremely clever person, and the way you lift and encourage others here, some people really should look at you and then turn around a look in the mirror and change their behaviors, because you have a lot to teach them. There are days when I feel my worst, and I can come here, or skype, or whatever and I read something from you and I laugh and laugh until I cry. Thank you for that. Thank you for lifting my spirits, and thank you for believing in me when sometimes its hard for me to believe in myself.

Plus, you have awesome taste in music and you send me reps....so I'm keeping you as my friend, no refunds or exchanges. *giggles*
Andrew you better not say anything....:nono:

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Austin. No leaving. Thats just not permitted. Also you have *nothing* to apologize for.

Like Mary said, we're not upset with you posting about yourself, and I don't think anyone here wants you to stop talking about yourself. Part of friendship is sharing about yourself, your struggles, your victories, etc... so please don't stop that. One of the wonderful things about CF is that you *can* vent here and discuss things you're struggling with and find love, acceptance, and people willing to pray for you. Take advantage of that.

You should know that I'm praying for you. and I love you :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope you don't leave. I also hope you don't stop sharing your struggles.

But I do want for you to give up believing the lies you persist in holding onto. And I think the great thing about CF is that you will have some people standing up and speaking the truth to you. Out of genuine caring and kindness. So I wouldn't be giving up on us just yet. Many of us here are praying and rooting for you Austin :)

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just want to take a moment and thank each and every one of you who have responded or sent me reps or whatever form of communication you chose. I really am humbled and blessed to have so many great friends.:)

Again, my intention was never to bother or burden anyone but sadly that's what happened and I appreciate the honesty that you all have shown. I certainly don't blame some of you for feeling the way you do and it's completely justified. My question is this: What can I do to make it up to you all? How can I be a better friend and a firmer encouragement to you? You all have given me so much more than I deserve and I want to repay the favor (not that I believe I really can since you all have give so much more than I could ever ask for) but I would like to try.

Thank you again everyone. :)

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like Marycita said, we don't mind hearing about you, per se - it's the negativity that can be tiresome. I used to be a pessimist, until my best friend gave me this little gem: "A pessimist is someone who has more faith in his own ability to screw things up than in God's ability to fix them". By all means, share your problems - but try having a better outlook when we offer suggestions. And when (not if) your victories come, I hope you will tell us all about them. Oh, and when people tell you you're a great guy, don't discount our opinions. To do so is to say that either we're ignorant or lying, and neither is very generous. :)

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

Austin, I don't know you super well, but I know enough through your posts on CF and Facebook to know that you're a swell and talented dude. Everybody goes through hell sometimes, and everybody needs someone (or someones) to lean on in the tough times. Keep letting us know how you're doing; if things are going badly or if they're going well. Not if, but when, you have victories, we want to know! Don't hold back!
My PM box is open anytime.

Upvote 0