I Want to Offer an Apology

M

Marycita

My question is this: What can I do to make it up to you all? How can I be a better friend and a firmer encouragement to you?
Maybe this is presumptuous to assume, but I think a lot of people aren't concerned that you make it up to us...Make it up to yourself - let yourself take and act on the friendships and encouragement. Stop believing lies. Start dreaming again and believing that they will come true. Stop looking at yourself as a hopeless case and start believing you are who (or Whose perhaps) you are.

for starters :p

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟278,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No need to apologize or ask for "make up time," ol' boy. We all have our down moments, and we are certainly allowed them. :p

Now, chin up, and get back into the fight!

^ This. No need to ask for make up time. We do all have our moments and are allowed to have them. No matter what.

Maybe this is presumptuous to assume, but I think a lot of people aren't concerned that you make it up to us...Make it up to yourself - let yourself take and act on the friendships and encouragement. Stop believing lies. Start dreaming again and believing that they will come true. Stop looking at yourself as a hopeless case and start believing you are who (or Whose perhaps) you are.

Exactly. Remember that you are God's child. You belong to Him and He does not think you're worthless, He loves you more than any love you could be looking for on Earth. He wants you to be happy and He wants you to love yourself. Remember who you are in Christ, and remember that depression/sadness isn't a trait of God, it's a lie from Satan. It's not a sin to be depressed or sad, but God wants you to see through it that He is always there with you, and need you. ♥

Edited to add:

Look.. I know that people cannot talk you out of feeling the way that you do, that's for you and God to work on, but you have to want to and seriously keep your eyes on God. I've been where you've been, I know how you feel.. I know some people say that and they dont even know the half of it, I do. Believe me. It takes a long long time to ever get back up and be happy and realize you're not your worst enemy anymore but guess what? It will happen. You will start to see things differently. Don't expect things to change right off or else you'll get back right to where you began and feel hopeless because it didnt work the first time. It won't. God will lead you through this if you let and want Him too. Fully relying on God is key. I'm praying for you and your walk with God, and if theres any thing I can help with please PM me.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm just going to stop posting and let Mary keep saying everything I want to say but so much more eloquently. :D

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
is this the token apology thread?:p

I didn't do it because it's a requirement or because I wanted attention. I did it because I personally felt that it needed to be done. It's me taking out all the trash, crap, hurts, and setbacks of the past six months and tossing them overboard.

I'm Austin 2.0 now. As R.E.M. said: "With just the slightest bit of finesse/I might have made a little less mess/But it was what is was so let's all get on with it":)

Reactions: Tink
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wait... REM actually sang something that made sense? My worldview is being seriously challenged here.

Stipe's lyrics started getting a bit less obtuse in the late 80's and 90's. Granted, I still don't know quite what he's singing about all the time but he seems to have found a balance between bizarre mysteries and heartfelt, direct confessions.

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Wow. We're pretty alike sometimes. I was touched by the OP.. me, the soulless one. lol

To be honest I'm coasting right now and just live one day at a time and think of the good things.

Anyway, you'll make it and your darkness can even be used to God's good. Don't give up and stay awesome.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm kind of out of the loop. Most here probably know more about what's been going on than I do, but I can say that I saw a bit of myself in your post. I certainly know what you're going through and I tend to deal with things in much the same way.

You're releasing your frustration and that's a good thing, but don't feel like you need to apologise. I think that's partly what this board is for; we vent and discuss things here. But, I will certianly pray that you can come to a place of peace with yourself. I'm slowly getting there as well, but the fight is definitely worth it! :)

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0