• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I think Im too broken for a relationship:(

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I literally just met a guy in a store.. Immediately I wondered why he tough I was cute... I didnt have any make up on or anything..

I was gonna turn him down but decided I could use a friend, and he stated he was just looking for that a friend ECT..but he was gonna ask if I had a bf..

Still I feel no one deserves me, I'm 24 still in school, I dont even have my license, and I live in a hotel with my entire family ...i just feel so insecure it actually spikes my anxiety just the thought of another person coming here at this lowly place I live..

I hate to let people in BC I cant always discern their motives..anyway I doubt hell text me back.. I'm sure he was just looking for a one night stand.. Uhh..

I hate being optimistic BC there's a chance ill get let down...

I'm feeling pretty bad right now.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Whenever women say "all men are pigs" I have to agree with them....
There are exceptions, but they are rare.

Seek out what Jesus thinks of you - why God considers you precious enough to send His son to Redeem you - to literally PURCHASE YOUR REDEMPTION WITH HIS BLOOD.

This is no fairy tale --- Yhwh Himself, the Creator of ALL LIFE EVERYWHERE cares for you more than anyone can even imagine of hope for or dream about,

and
Yhwh through Jesus has provided not just Salvation for eternity, but a rich and full life here on earth (not materially, no).... a generous overflow of PEACE, JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS that NO ONE can take away,

and of course that's along with the free gift of eternal life to boot ! :)

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Seek out what Jesus thinks of you - why God considers you precious enough to send His son to Redeem you - to literally PURCHASE YOUR REDEMPTION WITH HIS BLOOD.

This is no fairy tale --- Yhwh Himself, the Creator of ALL LIFE EVERYWHERE cares for you more than anyone can even imagine of hope for or dream about,

and
Yhwh through Jesus has provided not just Salvation for eternity, but a rich and full life here on earth (not materially, no).... a generous overflow of PEACE, JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS that NO ONE can take away,

and of course that's along with the free gift of eternal life to boot ! :)
Thanks, yeah the only guy I trust that doesn't have strings attached is god at this point.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thanks, yeah the only guy I trust that doesn't have strings attached is god at this point.
hahaha.... (picturing dozens of "STRINGS" attached going up to nowhere high in the sky) :) :) :)

anyways, GOOD. Jesus Himself DID NOT trust His Own welfare to any men either.

Think on this - JESUS did not trust mankind ! (and still doesn't !)

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hahaha.... (picturing dozens of "STRINGS" attached going up to nowhere high in the sky) :) :) :)

anyways, GOOD. Jesus Himself DID NOT trust His Own welfare to any men either.

Think on this - JESUS did not trust mankind ! (and still doesn't !)
Yeah ..true...but idk I think its nice to have some friends and perhaps a relationship at least once in your life.. But definitely have to be smart about it BC guys will use you without hesitation..same goes for gals.

Upvote 0

Tigerfan01

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
✟16,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's hard to let people in, but remember you're not the only person feeling the way you feel. Maybe just give the guy a chance. Maybe he feels some of the same ways you do. Sure there are alot of not nice guys (& girls) out there, but you might let a nice guy pass by and never know it if you don't give him a fair shot. Just my opinion. Just take it one small step at a time.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yeah ..true...but idk I think its nice to have some friends and perhaps a relationship at least once in your life..
Yes, and be blessed,
and be thankful,
Yhwh knows everything and
just as He gave Corrie ten Boom PURE JOY and Thankfulness

IN nazi prison camp where most were killed,

likewise He is very very well able ,
and willing,
to grant us His Beloved JOY, PEACE, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, freely all gifts with Jesus along with Salvation.

Truly trust in Him, and wait on Him , and depend on Him, because things are about to get many many times worse on earth this year and following.(probably)

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's hard to let people in, but remember you're not the only person feeling the way you feel. Maybe just give the guy a chance. Maybe he feels some of the same ways you do. Sure there are alot of not nice guys (& girls) out there, but you might let a nice guy pass by and never know it if you don't give him a fair shot. Just my opinion. Just take it one small step at a time.
Yah I will, I just don't feel I'm worth much since I'm riddled with anxiety...i feel I have too much baggage

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
@Far Side Of the Moon
I haven't met you but I can tell you that you are worth every bit.
If you have a kind and sincere heart, then definitely worth it.
Forget about giving a "guy" a chance.

Give YOURSELF a chance. You very well deserve it.

From one girl to another. Best wishes.
:)

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Far Side Of the Moon
I haven't met you but I can tell you that you are worth every bit.
If you have a kind and sincere heart, then definitely worth it.
Forget about giving a "guy" a chance.

Give YOURSELF a chance. You very well deserve it.

From one girl to another. Best wishes.
:)
Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes you deserve to find happiness just like anyone else. We ALL come with baggage. You'll find someone who will accept you for who you are, baggage and all.
Thank you, thing is..i think I found someone who does..but were friends though..but hes the bestfruend I ever had.. I love him so much and he loves me too..hes an online friend but I've known him for 2 years and hes been nothing short of amazing

Reactions: Tigerfan01
Upvote 0

Bristecom

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
✟10,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Equally harsh statements can be generalized of women...

I don't know the situation but just because a guy thought you were cute and wanted a friend doesn't automatically mean he was only trying to get into your pants. Sure, there are lots of guys like that out there who do so you have to watch out! But still, it's rather unfair to assume all guys are like that. This is why good guys usually don't even bother approaching girls because they fear they will be thought of as creeps.

Regardless, if you feel like you're a mess right now, then you probably shouldn't get into a relationship. However, I don't agree with some people who think they need to get everything in their life sorted before they even start a relationship. We're never going to be perfect and a good couple will actually help each other out with things and grow together.

But first and foremost, you have to make sure they are Christian. You don't want to end up in a situation where you are unevenly yoked as the Bible warns against!

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you go around with gender hurt, it just makes life bad.

I used to be angry at all women for their terrible behavior I would always see. They wear skimpy things and tempt my eyes, and then my ex-fiance slept with another man while we were still together and then waited a while to tell me, and then left me for him.

If you take that bitterness against the other sex into your soul, it does damage to you. You just release it, and let it go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Just noticed this now and wanted to double-check - this means you trust God at His Word, right ? ie go by His Word, not by any other (man or woman's ideas) with changes or alterations....

Upvote 0

Bristecom

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
✟10,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you go around with gender hurt, it just makes life bad.

I used to be angry at all women for their terrible behavior I would always see. They wear skimpy things and tempt my eyes, and then my ex-fiance slept with another man while we were still together and then waited a while to tell me, and then left me for him.

If you take that bitterness against the other sex into your soul, it does damage to you. You just release it, and let it go.
Dang man... sorry to hear that. I know how things like that can make you severely distrust and generalize the opposite sex. But maybe God is just trying to protect us and teach us something from experiences like that. Or maybe it's just the devil trying to bring us down... Either way, we have to overcome.

As far as women wearing skimpy, overly exposing clothing, honestly, in my mind, it's an instant turn-off. I immediately think, "Ugh, what a loose woman. Stay away." And the terrible behavior I see is being overly selfish, ungrateful, and unfaithful. Although, it seems this whole society is becoming incredibly narcissistic these days. Which is no surprise among the unGodly but it is very disappointing to see in those who call themselves Christians.

Even Olaf, a freaking snow-man, understands love better than your average human these days!

8b8296c4c3aa527d84e042b3332cae70.jpg

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As far as women wearing skimpy, overly exposing clothing, honestly, in my mind, it's an instant turn-off.
Most men do not think so.
In fact, Balaam, when he was not allowed to directly curse God's People,
told the enemy how to get a curse brought upon them (with women wearing "skimpy clothing" ).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaam (wiki's just so-so, but close enough for here and now)
excerpt: "Balaam refused to speak what God did not speak and would not curse the Israelites, even though King Balak of Moab offered him money to do so. (Numbers 22–24). But Balaam's error and the source of his wickedness came from sabotaging the Israelites as they entered the Promised Land. ... ... ... "

Upvote 0

Bristecom

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
✟10,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most men do not think so.
In fact, Balaam, when he was not allowed to directly curse God's People,
told the enemy how to get a curse brought upon them (with women wearing "skimpy clothing" ).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaam (wiki's just so-so, but close enough for here and now)
excerpt: "Balaam refused to speak what God did not speak and would not curse the Israelites, even though King Balak of Moab offered him money to do so. (Numbers 22–24). But Balaam's error and the source of his wickedness came from sabotaging the Israelites as they entered the Promised Land. ... ... ... "
I'm certainly not saying it's a good thing that women wear skimpy clothing but it sure makes it easier for me to tell which ones to avoid.

Upvote 0