I said something really terrible, does God forgive me?

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,
I said something really mean to my only friend/roommate. She is abusive always blaming me for her problems, yes she is the one that I have mentioned before who is majorly obsessed with that actor and she totally denies it. Well she was saying really mean horrible things to me and I got so fed up and then I said something really awful to her. She got so mad she hit my door as hard as she could and said what I said was SO HARSH that she needed to be away from me.
I don't give a hoot if she forgives me cause she is so abuse to me that now I am drained from her abuse, but I do care if God forgives me cause the truth is He is REALLY all I have in my life, I totally have no one here on earth. :( :cry:
So my questions are:
Do you think God forgives me for what I said and making her so very mad?
Do you think it is wrong of me not to care so much what I said to her cause I am so abused by her (she is very manipulitive too)?
Is that normal how I am feeling?
I honestly want to keep things okay with God and I, I just am too worn out to care about her anymore, I have no where to go and she pays for rent so I am stuck right now.
Our friendship ended really in 4-2009 when she chose this actor over God, after the entire losing our apartment and all. And I went the other way, I chose to be even CLOSER to God. (she said that she became Christian in 2004).
Also another question this one is about her and I just want a better understanding of things, if she says that she is Christian then why is her life all about this actor like she worships him? Does that happen to Christians? I don't want that to ever happen to me, meaning that I never want anything to come between Jesus and I, I love him so much, I am crying just thinking about how much I love him and how SAD I WOULD BE if something came between Jesus and I. :cry:
Thank you for your advice in advance. And thank you for answering my questions. :hug:
God bless you all.

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear aflower,

God's forgiveness of us is somewhat conditional upon our forgiveness of others.

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
<-----> Mark 11:25+26

And with this understanding we ought to consider also the need of others to be able to forgive us too.

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there remembers that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
<-----> Matthew 5:23+24

This is because the main emphasis of The Gospel is Reconciliation.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
<-----> 2nd Corinthians 5:17-21

Wherefore it is also written -

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. <-----> Matthew 5:9 ( Words of Jesus )

And -

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. <-----> Romans 14:19

Together with -

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.
<-----> Romans 12:17+18

" Two wrongs don't make a right ", but The One Who is Righteous will reconcile many.

You should prayerfully apologize for your harsh words...even if they seem justified, they still fall short of our calling in Christ. And by offering a sincere apology, you will be doing what you can to encourage your counterpart to be more respectful in the future.

As far as the difference between calling ourselves Christian, and actually living in a Christ-like manner, there is sometimes a great gulf between the two...and this spiritual separation is mainly a threat to those of us who remain fixed in such a contradictory state. For while it's true that one does not immediately become Christ-like the moment they first believe...it is also true that if our "faith" doesn't bring forth Christ-like fruit, then that "faith" is dead, or ineffectual.

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believes that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
<-----> James 2:17-20

And these things are written, with the main emphasis that we may constructively judge ourselves, not destructively judge others.

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.... <---> Luke 9:56

Hope and Pray this is helpful, in your love for, and service to, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

wm

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God will forgive you if you ask Him. But I also believe that He would want you to patch things up with your friend.

Ephesians 4:26 (Amplified Bible)

26) When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down.

Be Blessed,

Alan

Upvote 0

Tenacious_Believer

Still Learning
Apr 13, 2010
✟7,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does God forgive you?
As long as you are trying to turn to Him, then yes, always.

Is it normal to feel that way?
Absolutely.

Is it wrong to be indifferent about your roommate's reaction?
Yep, as was pointed out above, God puts a high importance on settling things. Give yourself some time and you'll start to feel remorse. Anger tends to mask that while it's fresh.

Upvote 0

kellyc

Mar 23, 2005
✟8,839.00
Faith
Christian
it sounds like your relationship with your roommate is very toxic and bad for both of you. certainly ask God and the roommate to forgive you, although be prepared that she might not. maybe something is wrong with her that she is so obsessed over the actor (not familiar with your story) and can't be expected to behave like a normal person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums