I need some help guys...(Only those that are Biblically sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In the book "Geocentricity" by Gerardus D. Bouw, Bouw explains that it wasn't Newton's plan to invalidate any place in the universe as special, or something like that, it's been a long time since I've read it, I'd have to quote it to you.

With the utmost respect to Dr. Bouw: if he told me that the sky was blue, I still wouldn't take his word for it. And neither should you.

Regarding your scientific inquiries, I think RealityCheck has already provided the pertinent information. It's quite helpful to have another student of physics around.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
I doubt it. He's 17, and if I recall that age, it's defined by the belief "I know everything, everyone else knows nothing unless they agree with me."

He'll grow out of that in the next 5-6 years. (Trust me richard, you will... just about everyone does.)

Please do not get my age into this, this is a form of ad-hominem.

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please do not get my age into this, this is a form of ad-hominem.

I was not attacking your position or you with reference to your age. I was specifically telling arunma that I doubted I could "make sense to you" because of your age. And as far as I'm concerned, that's true. My experience with young people from 16 to 21 is that they generally are going through a stage of believing firmly that they "have all the answers" and everyone else is foolish. And as well, in my experience, nearly every such person grows out of it.

There are exceptions, but thankfully, not many.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
If general relativity is true, then there is no way to prove that the Earth is not the immobile center of a non-inertial universe (see equivalence principle). An idea that is not falsifiable may be true, but it is not a scientific theory.
I understand. So why ridicule me for taking God's word at face value? I told you before that I don't know everything about science and that I'm still learning, why don't you take my word for it? I can't get into details about the Geocentricity issue yet. I could get into a certain amount of details about YEC though.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
I was not attacking your position or you with reference to your age. I was specifically telling arunma that I doubted I could "make sense to you" because of your age. And as far as I'm concerned, that's true. My experience with young people from 16 to 21 is that they generally are going through a stage of believing firmly that they "have all the answers" and everyone else is foolish. And as well, in my experience, nearly every such person grows out of it.

There are exceptions, but thankfully, not many.
I never questionned your intelligence, you make perfect sense to me, and I never said I had all the answers. There are so many things that I don't know and I still take this as ad-hominem as it has nothing to do with the discussion and it questions my honesty.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
That's is because you are defending FSTDT. First post too. Glad you love my site. The one you made such a long post about. Did not know you cared so much that you would take so much time and effort :D .

Also, if so many don't like the FSTDT site, all you have to do is find out who the host is. Go to that website and look at there service agreement (rules) with their customers. And what kind of rules they have for content, and promotion of attitudes. And you will find that FSTDT breaks about 3 of them. So file your complaints.

A who is search should give the host to that site.
Dude, keep up the good work! I can't believe you actually posted on CF, but since you did, can I possibly get my name on your site somehow? Thanks brother :)

(eh, you don't have to, I'm just saying)

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I understand. So why ridicule me for taking God's word at face value? I told you before that I don't know everything about science and that I'm still learning, why don't you take my word for it? I can't get into details about the Geocentricity issue yet. I could get into a certain amount of details about YEC though.

I'll let Arunma handle that one. Me, I don't equate the Bible as "the infallible perfect Word of God." He does, but also does not believe that we can reject the real, physical, observable universe just because reality conflicts with the Bible.

I can certainly take your word for it that you "don't know everything yet" and you have lots to learn.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll let Arunma handle that one. Me, I don't equate the Bible as "the infallible perfect Word of God." He does, but also does not believe that we can reject the real, physical, observable universe just because reality conflicts with the Bible.

I can certainly take your word for it that you "don't know everything yet" and you have lots to learn.
He doesn't need to "learn" that the Bible isn't the infallible Word of God. That's a shame that you believe that, but don't be encouraging Bible believers to believe your views.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Me, I don't equate the Bible as "the infallible perfect Word of God."
To me this is absolute blasphemy and I could never hold such a liberal/modernist position.

He does, but also does not believe that we can reject the real, physical, observable universe just because reality conflicts with the Bible.

It is impossible for scripture to conflict with reality if we take the infallible perfect Word of God as an axiom.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To me this is absolute blasphemy and I could never hold such a liberal/modernist position.

It is impossible for scripture to conflict with reality if we take the infallible perfect Word of God as an axiom.
I don't see how they can trust that Jesus was the Son of God, and that Jesus died for us to take away our sins, if they don't believe the Bible is infallible. It's called, let's pick and choose what we want to believe, and do worry about the stuff that we don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't see how they can trust that Jesus was the Son of God, and that Jesus died for us to take away our sins, if they don't believe the Bible is infallible. It's called, let's pick and choose what we want to believe, and do worry about the stuff that we don't.

While I agree its infallabile, I also think you are totally wrong because you are adding to the Gospel, stating you cant be saved and not beleive the Bible to be infallable.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While I agree its infallabile, I also think you are totally wrong because you are adding to the Gospel, stating you cant be saved and not beleive the Bible to be infallable.
How can you believe anything in the Bible if you don't believe the whole thing?

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You're welcome to such a belief, but not even the Bible supports that idea.

Key word highlighted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The Gospels and the letters of the New Testament only say that belief in Christ is necessary for salvation. They say nothing about belief in the Bible. If anything, holding the Bible up to that same standard is idolatry.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Gospels and the letters of the New Testament only say that belief in Christ is necessary for salvation. They say nothing about belief in the Bible. If anything, holding the Bible up to that same standard is idolatry.
How do you know the Gospels are true?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.