I need some help guys...(Only those that are Biblically sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I need some Bible believing Christians that believe in evangelising the lost. I am asking you to go with me into the lions den. I can't do it alone, and I would like let the light shine so bright in this forum that all darkness will scatter. I want to shut it down, and I want those that will to be saved. PLEASE, if you are not afraid to be laughed at, scoffed, cursed, and whatnot, please come with me. Either reply here, and I will give you the link, or PM me, and I will give it to you. I don't want anyone that is shaky in their faith, because this place will probably eat you alive. NOW, that I have scared you all, lol, please help me complete this mission.

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What/where is involved?
It is an athiest forum, that takes quotes from Christian web sites like this one, and makes us look like fools. Basically, they take the wackiest stuff they can find, and what I need is for some people to help me witness to them, correct there wrong understanding, and basically, do some good ole fashing appolegetics.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is an athiest forum, that takes quotes from Christian web sites like this one, and makes us look like fools. Basically, they take the wackiest stuff they can find, and what I need is for some people to help me witness to them, correct there wrong understanding, and basically, do some good ole fashing appolegetics.

Are you, by any chance, talking about a website called "Fundies Say the Darndest Things?" Here's the link:

www.fstdt.com

It's somewhat humorous, once you look at it for awhile. Try searching for specific posters. If you look me up, you should find three posts. They've got you too, Chris. Most of the stuff they posted on you doesn't even sound that bad when taken out of context.

Anyway, if you're trying to debate on an atheist website, here's a certain passage of Scripture to consider:
Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you. (St. Matthew 7:6)
Many of these people can be reached by the love of Christ mediated through the church, but almost none of them will be won over by apologetic debates. If you want to do it, then I certainly won't stand in your way. But you may be wasting your time here.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are you, by any chance, talking about a website called "Fundies Say the Darndest Things?" Here's the link:

www.fstdt.com

It's somewhat humorous, once you look at it for awhile. Try searching for specific posters. If you look me up, you should find three posts. They've got you too, Chris. Most of the stuff they posted on you doesn't even sound that bad when taken out of context.

Anyway, if you're trying to debate on an atheist website, here's a certain passage of Scripture to consider:
Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you. (St. Matthew 7:6)
Many of these people can be reached by the love of Christ mediated through the church, but almost none of them will be won over by apologetic debates. If you want to do it, then I certainly won't stand in your way. But you may be wasting your time here.
how do you do searches?

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why open yourself up to the abuse? It may appeal to your natural aggressiveness, but in the end accomplishes nothing. If you want to "wade into the trenches" so to speak, do it where it will actually achieve positive results.

This is not real life, Chris. This is cyberspace. It is comic relief for most people, even the most serious of us who frequent this site. If you want to accomplish something for God, go out into the world, the one you can see from your computer desk, and preach Christ.

I was in prison. Compulsive gambling addiction, leading to forgery. My life was a wreck, because I neither had surrendered to Christ in Whom I'd trusted, nor understood the need to live in my ongoing sanctification. While in prison, God got hold of me. He showed me the path he had laid out for me. Then he prepared me for the work. I finished my BA in social work at a Christian college, and now I'm working on my Masters in counseling. I've become nationally and state certified in Kansas and Missouri as a substance abuse and addictions counselor, and I now run an inner city Christian detox and treatment facility. I preach Christ daily, I work fertile soil, and I see results. Sometimes those results are short term, which can be disappointing, but at least a seed was planted.

On that web site you want to evangelize, they will just use your posts as more grist for the mill, and you will get no personal satisfaction other than the occasional well-aimed "zinger" which won't last either. If you want to evangelize, look for fertile soil upon which to cast your seed. Let God do the watering and fertilizing, and sit back and watch for a miracle. All I see for you on that web site is frustration and anger, neither of which is conducive to your own spiritual health.

Be blessed, brother, and praise God for the desire to deliver His word to those who need it. But find a mission field that actually has a desire to be evangelized, rather than one that will kill your spirit.

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

www.fstdt.com

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you. (St. Matthew 7:6)​

I agree with you 110%. I love apologetics, I am very well versed in it and I utilize it a great deal. But there are times and places to use it, and there are others where it is futile. That website, in my own personal estimation, would be nothing more than casting pearls before the dogs.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I love FSTDT.

Frankly, I'm a little hurt that they've never quoted me.

Seriously, though, I appreciate your zeal but I don't know if that's the best solution.

One of the things that God showed me a long time ago (and it took me a long time to listen to Him) is that it's one thing to present the Gospel and let the Holy Spirit use the law to bring about conviction, but it's quite another thing to offer the Gospel up to people who only want to make sport of it.

In the end, that cheapens God's word. That's what Jesus meant when He told us not to cast pearls before swine for them to trample something valuable underfoot.

Besides, you've got to admit that some of the quotes they've got are pretty funny/dumb.

Reactions: Erinwilcox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

www.fstdt.com

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you. (St. Matthew 7:6)​

Agreed.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Athiests arent making Christians look stupid, Christians are making Christians look stupid.

You know, it's really sad that I already gave you reps for another post today, because this one really deserves it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.