I need some help guys...(Only those that are Biblically sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sister_maynard

Senior Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
✟18,882.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love FSTDT.

Frankly, I'm a little hurt that they've never quoted me.
Just take it as a compliment. Generally the quotes are selected for percieved stupidity.

Besides, you've got to admit that some of the quotes they've got are pretty funny/dumb.

Oooooooooooh yes. There's one stating that atheists are "another sect of muslim:" I think it's well on its way to becoming the post of the year.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Just take it as a compliment. Generally the quotes are selected for percieved stupidity.

Oooooooooooh yes. There's one stating that atheists are "another sect of muslim:" I think it's well on its way to becoming the post of the year.

I'm not going to laugh with these people anymore, I feel ashamed for doing it in the first place.

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BigChrisFilm, that site you passed me is EXTREMEMELY RECENT. It quotes things from THIS MONTH. When did this guy write it?
I am not sure, but I suppose it is very recent, as it talks a lot about Kent Hovind's case, and such. It is shocking, because you have to know that they are doing this, and believe this stuff, RIGHT NOW. It's still going on, untouched at this moment on that board.

Upvote 0

sister_maynard

Senior Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
✟18,882.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to laugh with these people anymore, I feel ashamed for doing it in the first place.
Laughing at the posts or laughing at the people who are making fun of the posts?
Some are posted without justification and simply reflect faith or conservative beliefs, but some things are so idiotic and hateful that I have no compunctions about laughing at them.

That "evolutionary hate" site is interesting and does point out some of the more hateful nonsense that people post, but it mainly limps through by comparing atheists to Hitler over and over again. Have they never heard of Godwin's law?
I just finished reading it and really don't think it's so good: there are a few good points, but the overstretched comparisons to Hitler are annoying and often don't relate well to the topic. I don't appreciate cheap appeals to emotion.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My problem is that people like you and richard do much more damage to the Gospel than good because you refuse to live what it teaches and have warped the Bible to fit your beliefs, not letting the Bible influence your belief, but taking what you want from it. Thats what my problem is.

Reactions: IndyRider
Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My problem is that people like you and richard do much more damage to the Gospel than good because you refuse to live what it teaches and have warped the Bible to fit your beliefs, not letting the Bible influence your belief, but taking what you want from it. Thats what my problem is.
So your problem is you don't agree with us, and you in turn judge our beleifs, and intentions, and decided to responed with rude comments?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Traitor1

Jan 28, 2007
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's up friend. Now, before you short stay in the Baptist forum ends, since we all know you are an atheist, I would like to point out some things to you. Evolution is racist. You only think you are better than me, and smarter than me, because I believe in a God, and you have proven my point to everyone here, that you think those that believe in God are not as far in evolution than Atheist are. Evolution believes in exterminating the infferior races, just like Adolf Hitler did, and it won't be long until you are all coming after us, trying to eliminate ous, since our intellect is inferior. Have fun with the Anit-Christ, because he is having a lot of fun with you.
Chris, it was your presupposition that said I was an atheist. If you ever cared to know, I'm actually not. But, why bother telling you this, you'll continue on with your presuppositions...

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your buddy Richard is also a member. Just because someone is a member doesnt make them an athiest.
It is because of WHAT he post on that site that makes him an Athiest. Stop defending him, you are starting to make me think some things about you. What kind of Baptist wants to allow the Athiest to post in the Baptist forum? They have their own little place they are allowed to post, and don't need to be on here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Traitor1

Jan 28, 2007
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In a nutshell, yes. Of course I am reminded of when Jesus said that you are to treat others as you wish to be treated, and when you start showing traitor some grace, you can tell me about judging.
Thanks, friend for that bit of grace.

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single

And how would you know this.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is because of WHAT he post on that site that makes him an Athiest. Stop defending him, you are starting to make me think some things about you. What kind of Baptist wants to allow the Athiest to post in the Baptist forum? They have their own little place they are allowed to post, and don't need to be on here.

What kind of Christian would write off a person because they are athiest?

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What kind of Christian would write off a person because they are athiest?
A Christian would do that. Because one day they will be going to hell, and he is going to write them off too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.