South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel like giving up. I am now in a struggle with binge eating. I don't know how to overcome this. I want to give up and give in but I don't want to because I am only hurting myself if I do this. How other than counseling do I overcome this struggle with binge eating? I cannot take it anymore. Is binge eating a sin?

polarized

Jul 19, 2013
✟15,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. Don't give up! You know binge eating is like any other addiction. I wouldn't trouble yourself so much worrying about if it is a sin or not. You know it is not good for you. You know it makes you feel bad. You know it is a response to something troubling you whether it be conscious or sub-conscious. I think the best thing to do is pray and ask God for the help you need. Sometimes you just need to turn things over, when you know its beyond your own ability to control it. Many years ago I joined a bible study for "addictions". Mine was smoking cigarettes. There was no pressure put on us about whatever habit we wanted to kick. During breaks the pastor said "smoke em if ya got em" and those of us who smoked went outside and had a cig. We prayed, enjoyed fellowship, and studied the word as the pastor guided us. He told me not to worry about it, that I would quit. Eventually less than 6 mos later I just quit. It was new years eve 1996. Just like that. I don't recall having any of the difficulties I had the other "99" times I tried to quit on my own. I just stopped, pure and simple. I can only chalk it up to Gods grace on me. -m

Reactions: dj1skywalker
Upvote 0

Kimmy85

God's love NEVER fails!
Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial. 1 Corinthians 10:23

Polarized is right.. sure, it's ok to eat a lot but what about the effect on you later on? I think you already know the answer to your question ;) If you feel guilty about it, more or less we know it's something that's really not good for us.

I used to not really care about what goes in my body.. alcohol, junkfood, late night sleeping.. didn't really think it was anything I should care for but then God reminded me that my body is the temple of HIS Holy Spirit!! :bigeye: That really changed the way I think about it... of course, I would want the Holy Spirit to dwell in me and stay there because He likes the place haha!

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Cor. 6:19-20

That means to honor Him with our bodies in EVERY way possible... Little by little, step by step, you WILL get there.. by GOD'S GRACE! :cheer:

Reactions: dj1skywalker
Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
I feel like giving up. I am now in a struggle with binge eating. I don't know how to overcome this. I want to give up and give in but I don't want to because I am only hurting myself if I do this. How other than counseling do I overcome this struggle with binge eating? I cannot take it anymore. Is binge eating a sin?
Admitting that you have a problem is a good first step, and admitting you cannot solve it alone is a good second step.

We will pray for you, but you will have to do your part too.

Small steps at a time are best; if you are very overweight, you need to lose that weight slowly, bit by bit under doctor's supervision.

Most major centers have some sort of support groups where you can go for this and similar problems. You need other like-minded individuals in your life who can help you through this, because they have been through it.

Pray for guidance, and go for it! You can do it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• faith.jpg
    faith.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0