I believe in eternal security but these verses have always stumbled me?

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so, now you change your claim...cool, I can work with that...you claim that HEb. 6 is referring to the Jews who rejected Christ...(past tense of course) what does that make them? Wouldn't that make them unbelieving Jews? You know, like I previously claimed you said they were? Anyone who rejects Christ is an unbeliever, right? Can we at least agree on that? If not, what are they?

Okay, next point...We already know that you do not think this is referring to believers, not sure why you tried to make it sound like that wasn't understood, but no matter, you then say, "the particular verse was a warning...." Before we can get into what the intent of the passage is, we have to deal with the context of who is being talked about here. Obviously you believe that it is the ones who rejected Christ, that is past tense...which I have not only accepted as your claim but asked you to evidence in context and/or the totality of scripture. But, you refuse.

So here it is again, once you explain this in a logical manner we can more on to the intent of the passage because as long as our premise is different, we cannot even come to an agreement of what the passage is telling us. Being that there is only 1 HS and He is the interpreter of the word, there can only be one right answer here as well. Thus, you have to evidence your claim through scripture. If you notice, none of these contradictions apply to my interpretation of the text, only to yours, so you have the hard job, I just have to keep asking the same questions over and over till you either answer, or flame enough to close the thread.

If this passage is talking about those who rejected Christ in the past, as per your claim, we have several problems with context. 1. according to the context, we are talking about those that are living by faith not by law, which is only believers. Thus, if you want to claim that these are those who in the past rejected Christ to remain in the Jewish traditions of sacrifices etc., you need to show scripture that tells us that the OT Jews were living by faith not by the law...since I know that isn't what it says, I'll stick with what the text says, but maybe i missed something so feel free to show me the passages I have missed that show those living by the law actually not living by the law but by faith.

2. you still refuse to reconcile the problem with partaking in the HS. According to the text, these people that you say rejected Christ in the past, are also partaking of the HS and the sharing in the ministry of the HS to share the gospel of Christ with the world. Now, if they have rejected Christ, how is it that they are sharing in the ministry of sharing Christ with the world through the HS? See, that is a contradiction right there between what the text says and what you claim it means.

3. Now we come to another glaring problem with your claim. According to you these are those that rejected Christ in the past...yet the text says, that they cannot return to the saving knowledge of Christ. If they never believed, if they rejected in the past, what are they returning to that never happened in the first place? you said that this passage was talking about Jews who rejected Christ. The context of the passage says that they were partaking of the HS....thus, if your theory holds true, that this is talking about those who reject Christ, aka unbelieving Jews, then you must show where God used the HS to work through unbelievers to spread the gospel of the Christ they didn't believe in, as per what the text tells us about the people in question. Doesn't matter if you directly said it or not, it is the consequence of the interpretation you present and thus is yours to address. Now, why would you apologize for flaming me then turn around and flame me again? What do you think that gains you? As I have repeatedly told you, both myself and the non OSAS doctrine hold very tightly to the security of our salvation. So to try to twist what I am showing you in Heb. 6 into a false claim against my beliefs and the NON OSAS teaching is just more attempts to flame, presumably to shut down the thread because you can't answer the questions asked of your belief. You see, every true teacher, must first learn to be a student, something you seem unwilling to do. 1. why would you remove our look at what scripture teaches in order to go down a rabbit hole that does not exist? As I have said and shown, both myself and non OSAS teaching believes and holds very dearly the truth that we are secure in Christ. In fact, when our son died, one of the verses we used at the funeral was Romans 8:38-39...but that isn't what we are talking about, so doesn't apply to our discussion. You see, we are absolutely sealed, secure, etc. in our salvation and we have the HS to testify to that truth, you know a guarantee. But notice in context of Heb. 6 what it says of the people in question...they were partaking of the HS that is our guarantee of salvation. Thus the question how can someone who is partaking of the guarantee of our salvation not be saved? But you refuse to answer this question because you would rather reinvent NON OSAS teaching into something it doesn't say so that your arguments sound wise in your own eyes. Nothing can remove us from God's hand...but we can reject Him just like Heb. 6, Matt 13, and Phil. 2 all three tell us we can do. That does nothing to our understanding of security in Christ, in fact, it enhances it, making our security in Christ even greater than it is in OSAS teaching because it allows God to maintain His nature while testifying to the truth of our salvation and trust in Him, not in ourselves. really, and you don't think this is just more flaming ;) since I have loudly and clearly been proclaiming this from the moment I began talking about salvation, I don't know why you keep bringing it up as if it was not said or believed.

Let me tell you a story, it might scare someone like you off, but bear with me none the less. I first came to Christ at the age of 6. My coming to Christ, broke a stronghold in my family that Satan held for years and years and years. The result is that Satan tried to attack me and get me to turn away from, you know reject Christ. I refused, but the point of the story is in how Satan tried to turn me away. You see, every night, I would have demonic visitations. At 6 years old, I had no idea what was going on, but God, in His faithfulness, showed me that as long as I was secure in Christ, that is seeking Him, nothing could hurt me. Not demons, not my family, not the world, nothing at all could harm me as long as I belonged to Christ. And so, I stayed faithful to Him for nigh on 49 years now. Passionately and faithfully in Love with God.

But the key to the whole thing is that I must belong to Him. If I reject Him, if I turn from Him, if I walk away, He can't protect me, because I no longer belong to Him. But, that is the real heart of the issue isn't it? You can't defeat NON OSAS teaching unless you first reinvent the teaching to suit your arguments? Which is dishonest and sinful but you have to know that by now, being such a wise teacher and all. ;) actually, the only teaching I care about is what scripture teaches, but then again, that is why I keep asking you about passages that you refuse to reason with me about, because those passages combined with the ones you love, teach us a different truth than what you are teaching. yet when asked to show that in the context of passages like Heb. 6, Phil. 2, and Matt 13, you fail to even try and instead resort to flaming and changing the topic along with reinventing non OSAS teaching so that you can sound like you know something no one else knows. wow, well that isn't the part of the parable that is being questioned, but you interpretation leaves us with a whole bunch of problems because it leaves us wondering when exactly we are saved. IOW's if you are right here, then when the seed starts to root, we aren't really saved, because the roots aren't deep enough. So how long does one need to be a believer before the roots are deep enough to make us secure in Christ? Man, this is scary stuff you are teaching now, cause it means that salvation is more than belief of the heart, more than baptism, more than all the things scripture teaches us salvation is, and instead you teach works righteousness, cause I have to mature in Christ before I am rooted enough to be secure in my salvation...ouch...that is just some messed up theology there.

Now, I am sure you will come back and say that I misrepresented you, but let me quote what you said, just so we are clear..."Some just don't have their roots firmly planted and their seed never nourished properly. If God seals you, your seed will grow." IOW"s you are saying that God doesn't seal those whose roots aren't deep enough yet to be nourished properly...that means that when we first come to Christ, before the roots have time to develop and take hold, we are not really believers unto salvation. Oh, man is that scary teaching....when then are we mature enough to be secure in God's hands?

I even asked my husband to tell me what your words said, not some hidden meaning you want me to draw from them, and he said the same thing. BY what you say here, your theology says that the new believer is not secure in Christ. That is scary stuff right there. well, first, those scriptures aren't even on the table at this point and second, I have no doubts about my salvation, so instead of talking to your imaginary friends, how about talking to me since I am here. again, you refuse to answer the question of your beliefs so that you can reinvent what I am saying into something different and thus pretend you don't have to answer the question. I can keep asking the question until you flame me enough to close the thread or you can simply answer it as a righteous person would be willing to do. In HEb. 6, we are told that the JEws you claim rejected Christ in the past, are partaking of the HS through a faith that doesn't exist in the OT rituals...how is it possible for a person who has rejected Christ to partake in the work of the HS through the HS through faith in the Christ they do not believe in? It's really a simple question, not sure why you are being so stubborn...oh, wait, I do know, because you think you can flame me into shutting down the thread and thus reinvent the non OSAS argument in order to spread your "wisdom" that doesn't fit the scriptures in question. See, more of the same flaming...in my understanding of flaming, if you continue to reinvent someone elses argument to suit your whim even after repeatedly being shown that your reinvention is a misrepresentation, it is flaming. Which is exactly what you are doing here. You have been repeatedly told and shown that Non OSAS teaching and my personal beliefs as well, believe and rely on our security in Christ, yet you can't address any issues with your teaching without first reinventing and misrepresenting the teaching into no security which is false witness and sinful techniques.

So, back to the questions you refuse to answer.

1. does God force us to accept for reject Christ?
2. does God force us to remain in Him?
3. what scripture tells us that the people in Heb. 6 that are said to be partaking of the HS and living by faith not law are Jews that reject Christ when that is contrary to what scripture tells us?
If you did not understand my explanation and that is not good enough then there is nothing more I can say. It looks like you have a lot of time on your hands, I don't, still work and have a family. A short commentary addressing one scripture is all I can do. You seem to want a chapter. Just disregard my post and research a John MacArthur's commentary or some other scholar.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you did not understand my explanation and that is not good enough then there is nothing more I can say. It looks like you have a lot of time on your hands, I don't, still work and have a family. A short commentary addressing one scripture is all I can do. You seem to want a chapter. Just disregard my post and research a John MacArthur's commentary or some other scholar.
I don't have as much time as you think, but I do spend as much time as I can in the word and studying it to show myself approved rather than just casually reading some man's version of what I should believe and leave it at that.

As to the rest of this, answering a simple question is no where close to a short commentary address of the passage. You made a claim that doesn't add up to the context of the passage. I asked you to show how it does, you refused, so I asked you to show in scripture any time in which someone, Jew or Gentile that rejected Christ, partook of the HS ministry to share the gospel of Christ in faith, not law as per your claim of what the passage is talking about. That would require nothing more than a simple passage, not a commentary. But again, you refuse and instead resorted to inflammatory remarks. Why is it so hard for you to confess that you are wrong on this matter? I mean, if you were right, I know for sure you would have time to post a single passage of support given how many posts you fill with insults. Presenting a single passage takes a lot less time to do than post after post of inflammatory responses and reinventing other peoples teachings so you can have an argument. IN fact, reinventing teachings and thinking up insults takes a lot more time than looking up a passage you claim exists but fail to provide.

Ah well, pride is an ugly thing...may our Lord exercise grace as He humbles you (as HE does all of us). May you exercise grace in accepting His corrections, HIs instructions, His Love.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have as much time as you think, but I do spend as much time as I can in the word and studying it to show myself approved rather than just casually reading some man's version of what I should believe and leave it at that.

As to the rest of this, answering a simple question is no where close to a short commentary address of the passage. You made a claim that doesn't add up to the context of the passage. I asked you to show how it does, you refused, so I asked you to show in scripture any time in which someone, Jew or Gentile that rejected Christ, partook of the HS ministry to share the gospel of Christ in faith, not law as per your claim of what the passage is talking about. That would require nothing more than a simple passage, not a commentary. But again, you refuse and instead resorted to inflammatory remarks. Why is it so hard for you to confess that you are wrong on this matter? I mean, if you were right, I know for sure you would have time to post a single passage of support given how many posts you fill with insults. Presenting a single passage takes a lot less time to do than post after post of inflammatory responses and reinventing other peoples teachings so you can have an argument. IN fact, reinventing teachings and thinking up insults takes a lot more time than looking up a passage you claim exists but fail to provide.

Ah well, pride is an ugly thing...may our Lord exercise grace as He humbles you (as HE does all of us). May you exercise grace in accepting His corrections, HIs instructions, His Love.
Your welcome :)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your welcome :)
wow, I have never seen someone try so hard to avoid the truth of scripture...I will pray for you and that you will have enough freedom in your schedule to make time for study of the Word of God...I can't even imagine how little time you must have to not even be able to present a single scripture to support your claim. Even when I was working 96 hours a week, raising 5 kids, homeschooling them, and being a wife to my husband, I found time for at least one passage a day. No one should work so much as to not have time for one passage...but, I'm wondering how you have time to be on the forums when you don't even have time for a single passage to support your claim? Oh well, I guess the old saying applies, you always find time for the things that are most important to you, so maybe I need to not be praying for your time as much as you to have a heart that cherishes the very word of God enough to actually get into every day

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow, I have never seen someone try so hard to avoid the truth of scripture...I will pray for you and that you will have enough freedom in your schedule to make time for study of the Word of God...I can't even imagine how little time you must have to not even be able to present a single scripture to support your claim. Even when I was working 96 hours a week, raising 5 kids, homeschooling them, and being a wife to my husband, I found time for at least one passage a day. No one should work so much as to not have time for one passage...but, I'm wondering how you have time to be on the forums when you don't even have time for a single passage to support your claim? Oh well, I guess the old saying applies, you always find time for the things that are most important to you, so maybe I need to not be praying for your time as much as you to have a heart that cherishes the very word of God enough to actually get into every day
Thank you for your prayers. Bye, really, I mean it, good bye!

Upvote 0