United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lord have mercy.

I have helped in interventions. I just hope the doctors will allow you to accompany your mom. It might help to go to have her self-admit herself to a 30 day alcoholic in-hospital treatment facility. They usually deal with depression and work with psychiatrists.
She doesn't think she has a drinking problem. She won't sign herself into that because she doesn't think she's an alcoholic. She just thinks it's her depression (even though it's the alcohol that's causing the depression worse because of mixing it with her anti-depressant meds). Just getting her to see a psychiatrist is great. I've been praying for nearly a year she'd get to a psychiatrist. Before that, if she is feeling that badly, I'm hoping my sister will take her to the ER where they can examine her, and we can tell the doc there what's going on with her, and then, once they keep her to check her out, he can fill out a PEC (physician's emergency certificate) that will refer her directly to a treatment center in which she doesn't have to sign for. It's just done.

Thanks for your prayers, Wesley and tapi and Maria.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dorothea, my mother, whom you know is now very sick, struggled with alcoholism and despression her entire life. so I know the pain and stress you're feeling. Many,many prayers for all involved.

Thanks, RKO.

Thanks, Matt and nestoj

Upvote 0

Chocolatesa

has commenced Theosis
Apr 14, 2007
Montreal, Quebec
✟9,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dorothea, my mother, whom you know is now very sick, struggled with alcoholism and despression her entire life. so I know the pain and stress you're feeling. Many,many prayers for all involved.

Me too, although not to the extent of yours. Prayers and hugs!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am very happy. I have found, I believe, a good female psychiatrist for her and have called her office twice and spoke to the office manager. We got sent via email the new patient packet to fill out. I forwarded it to my sister. They can see her as early as mid to late next week if we get the forms in over the weekend through their drop box at the office or through via email (through scanner). This is so wonderful. My sister and I are so excited. My friend said she is so surprised that the dr has openings as early as next week. The dr has good ratings, too! This is God's work, of course! We thank Him for listening to our prayers and helping us through this!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am very happy. I have found, I believe, a good female psychiatrist for her and have called her office twice and spoke to the office manager. We got sent via email the new patient packet to fill out. I forwarded it to my sister. They can see her as early as mid to late next week if we get the forms in over the weekend through their drop box at the office or through via email (through scanner). This is so wonderful. My sister and I are so excited. My friend said she is so surprised that the dr has openings as early as next week. The dr has good ratings, too! This is God's work, of course! We thank Him for listening to our prayers and helping us through this!

I hope that the doctor will treat the alcoholism and put her through detox first.

Your mom's liver needs time to heal before giving her all kinds of drugs that can further harm her liver especially those drugs which contain deadly fluoride ions. Those fluoride ions are the ones which give most of the dangerous side effects.

For example, Cipro, a widely used antibiotic prescription drug, contains fluoride ions. About 18 years ago, I was on Cipro when I was trying to back my car down our steep driveway. Under that drug, I was not a safe driver, and crashed my car into the rocks below. Thankfully no one was injured and the car was only minimally damaged on the left rear bumper. Wouldn't you believe, but my next prescription for that drug had the following caution printed in bold red letters: Do not drive while taking this medication.

If possible, please read the drug insert package before agreeing with drug prescriptions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope that the doctor will treat the alcoholism and put her through detox first.

Your mom's liver needs time to heal before giving her all kinds of drugs that can further harm her liver especially those drugs which contain deadly fluoride ions. Those fluoride ions are the ones which give most of the dangerous side effects.

For example, Cipro, a widely used antibiotic prescription drug, contains fluoride ions. About 18 years ago, I was on Cipro when I was trying to back my car down our steep driveway. Under that drug, I was not a safe driver, and crashed my car into the rocks below. Thankfully no one was injured and the car was only minimally damaged on the left rear bumper. Wouldn't you believe, but my next prescription for that drug had the following caution printed in bold red letters: Do not drive while taking this medication.

If possible, please read the drug insert package before agreeing with drug prescriptions.

In the autobiography section, sis and I will be writing all we know and have witnessed with mom's drinking while on these medications. I have no worries that once she is seen by the psychiatrist, this doc will do the right thing, meaning she will refer her to a treatment center if need be. I already asked that today, and was told the dr can do that. :)

Well, she shouldn't be driving while intoxicated and with drugs in her system. That's bad, of course. Anyhow, this will all be taken care of when she sees the psychiatrist. The key is getting her to this doc by late next week so the dr can see for herself (which I have no doubt, she will with 18 years experience) and she'll have read over all her info on Monday before she even meets with her, so, God willing, mom will start some type of treatment very, very soon! Thank God!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The reason why seeing the psychiatrist is key is because mom believes ever doctor she's sees. Even that incompetent GP she's been going to for years now. Ugh. He's incompetent when it comes to knowing to refer her to a mental health professional. :doh:

Anyway, as soon as she hears the psychiatrist tell her she needs her meds changed (less would be good. I got her list from my sister today, and Good grief, she's on way too many....again, GP's tend to do this thinking it'll fix everything. He's over medicating her, imo) and that she needs to go for treatment, mom will be compliant (I believe) because the dr said so. Not only that, mom has barely been out of bed all week. She's at her breaking point. When she gets to that point, she listens to whatever a doctor tells her to do and takes whatever she is told.

Yep, this doctor is a good one. I can feel it. God sent her to help my mom. I've been praying for somebody to help her for nearly a year and for God to help mom for the same amount of time, and now it's come about. This is God's Will and work. :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The reason why seeing the psychiatrist is key is because mom believes ever doctor she's sees. Even that incompetent GP she's been going to for years now. Ugh. He's incompetent when it comes to knowing to refer her to a mental health professional. :doh:

Anyway, as soon as she hears the psychiatrist tell her she needs her meds changed (less would be good. I got her list from my sister today, and Good grief, she's on way too many....again, GP's tend to do this thinking it'll fix everything. He's over medicating her, imo) and that she needs to go for treatment, mom will be compliant (I believe) because the dr said so. Not only that, mom has barely been out of bed all week. She's at her breaking point. When she gets to that point, she listens to whatever a doctor tells her to do and takes whatever she is told.

Yep, this doctor is a good one. I can feel it. God sent her to help my mom. I've been praying for somebody to help her for nearly a year and for God to help mom for the same amount of time, and now it's come about. This is God's Will and work. :)
:prayer:

Praying for the doctor to have wisdom in knowing how to best work with her - as that truly makes a world of difference having the right people. Thankful for your prayers being answered:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62787589 said:
:prayer:

Praying for the doctor to have wisdom in knowing how to best work with her - as that truly makes a world of difference having the right people. Thankful for your prayers being answered:clap:

Thanks, G!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the autobiography section, sis and I will be writing all we know and have witnessed with mom's drinking while on these medications. I have no worries that once she is seen by the psychiatrist, this doc will do the right thing, meaning she will refer her to a treatment center if need be. I already asked that today, and was told the dr can do that. :)

Well, she shouldn't be driving while intoxicated and with drugs in her system. That's bad, of course. Anyhow, this will all be taken care of when she sees the psychiatrist. The key is getting her to this doc by late next week so the dr can see for herself (which I have no doubt, she will with 18 years experience) and she'll have read over all her info on Monday before she even meets with her, so, God willing, mom will start some type of treatment very, very soon! Thank God!

My prayers that all will work out.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, Crandaddy and Maria!

My sister went over to mom's house today to ask her the questions on the forms to fill out for her. My sister said mom was up and sitting on the couch and was lucid and seemed in better spirits today. She seems to be looking forward to seeing the dr!! YAY!

Upvote 0