United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am just a tiny man,
I am not very strong in faith,
I am not so rich that I can always give to the poor,
I am not so talented that I can serve the Lord in Church or any Christians organizations,
my vocal is poor that I cannot sing very well to praise God,
I only know how to read Bible and pray to God- this is the best I can do.
When I see God, will He blame me that I am a fruitless Christian?

Funny thing about time is that none of us ever has enough, and yet all of us have all that there is to have.

You can give your time, even if you cannot give money. And if you can pray to God, and think you have a calling to do this, then that is fine; that can be your gift.

Take a look at the prayer threads here, and try to pray for maybe five or ten a day; if you can do that consistently then you have found yourself a ministry. It may be small, but God doesn't mind that. I assume you go to church? Does your church have a weekly prayer list? Perhaps you could help to set one up if not. There are lots of ways you can contribute to the church, if you look for them.

And ditch the inappropriate content. You don't need that stuff in your head when you are praying for people.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Sometimes I surf inappropriate content online, I copy giga bytes of inappropriate content movies from friends,
how to stop this sin?
May the Holy Spirit help me to overcome this sin.

I assume you have a minister?

If you have tried to stop this and failed, then go and tell your minister, in private. Listen to his advice (preferably him in this case), and do what he says. The harder that advice is to follow, the more important it is to follow it.

With some sins we need the support and prayers of another person we trust, before we can overcome them.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hey, you're not the only one that struggles with this. I struggle with it too. Here's some advice that's helpful to me, and I hope is useful to you.

What goes to our eyes goes to our mind. What goes to our mind goes to our heart. What dwells in our heart determines our actions.

So cut off the source of the temptation. What you see, hear, or even think that causes it, replace it with godly things, and it will be lessened. Something I do when I am being tempted, is I cry out to Christ, I say (actually I whisper),"Christ help Christ help," and the temptation is lessened. Not gone, but it was easier to resist. Christ knows how hard the temptation is, because He was tempted in every way we are, except He never sinned. So I think that you should do what He suggested: The sinful pictures, cut them off. The sinful thoughts, cut them off (this is the hardest one, because it is in the mind). Anything that causes you to stumble, cut it off. And know that just because you fail a few times, or even a hundred times, or even a thousand times, G-d will forgive you. His grace is bigger than sin is. I hope this helps, this is what I had to do.

Good advice. :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I will ask people to pray for me to stop inappropriate content.

No, go to see your minister.

Admitting to God is easy; anyone can do that. If that has not worked it is time to go and admit to your minister that you have a problem. Depending on the severity he may refer you to additional help.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am married but I still see inappropriate content, my wife knows that.
She said this is sinful, she asked me "Don't you think I am better than other women?".

K, I have said it twice, this is the third. I won't say it again.

Your wife is right; you are being emotionally unfaithful to her by looking at inappropriate contentography. You should not look at any other naked woman at all; not a single one.

Go to see your minister and ask for his help.

As for your wife, she must be a saint. If I were her I would give you 6 months, and then file for divorce. This is not a small matter. You are breaking your marriage vows and being unfaithful.

Upvote 0

Hawk Flint

דבון בן־אלהים
Aug 16, 2016
U. S.
✟11,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I must not see inappropriate content, nor thinking about it in my mind.
I will delete all inappropriate content movies from my PC.
God please strengthen me. Amen.
Tell your wife that you want to stop and ask her for help. Tell her your passwords and have her hold you accountable.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are not talking about it being done in such a way to receive praise of man, if thats why you did it then yes that is wrong but almost all my praying is done in the privacy of my home or car unless I pray for someone who I may come cross and they want prayer. I dont even pray in public to impress any human. As a matter of fact, since I became a Christian I have never prayed to impress anyone. When I pray it is because of my love for God and mankind. So as far as I am concerned I cant pray too much but then again, I have never felt as though it was a religious duty.
You will see from history, some of the most well known Ministers of the past who saw the most healing and even raised people from the dead was ones who prayed a lot, like Smith Wigglesworth. He prayed I believe it was every half hour no matter where he was. We need more strong men of God like that instead of people more concerned about themselves and their personal life. Only those who like Smith who put God first will be the true warriors for Gods Kingdom instead of mans.

True. I pray as often as I can, I am certainly no proponent of slackness. However not every man will be a Smiths Wiggles Worth, infant God calls people to various stations in life, things that suit their personality, he called me not to ministry but rather to the work place. I learned skills in Web Design and Internet technologies. Which I have been able to use to build church based websites, and run online ministries, yet I still pray for the sick. We should all aim to be a Wiggles Worth, but I feel due to our human limitations, God may assign a person another task. As he says in the Word something along the lines of "God has set in the church, workers of miracles, those with healing gifts, ... and administration". Most times I encourage people to pray as often as they can, but occasionally I feel to tell as person but don't do it obsessively, some people don't want to pray all day, each of us have grace, it is through that grace approach God, God knows the inner heart of a person, and what they are comfortable doing. God does not want his people under pressure, but giving Him a free will offering. God certainly inspires people to prayer, but rarely forces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, there is.

If we pray to the extent that we neglect our families we are neglecting God. Whatever we do to the least of those around us, we do to him. It is important to find balance in prayer, as in everything else.
You don't have to be a prayer warrior..i know I am not...but .Aren't we suppose to put God first though? Even before family.. I am pretty sure this is one of the things Jesus said in the new testament.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
You don't have to be a prayer warrior..i know I am not...but .Aren't we suppose to put God first though? Even before family.. I am pretty sure this is one of the things Jesus said in the new testament.

No. When Christians put other people before themselves, Christ is in those other people. So we do not neglect Christ by looking after our children or spouse before praying; we look after him as well. :)

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. When Christians put other people before themselves, Christ is in those other people. So we do not neglect Christ by looking after our children or spouse before praying; we look after him as well. :)
Ok..:) I understand

Upvote 0