Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing wrong with that. Being on fire for God is amazing.

No not at all there is a distinct difference, the pharasies loved to pray for the praise of man, it was not based on love for God. My prayers separated me from people and that was wrong. Relationship is very important, if we neglect our relationships and only pray it is not good.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No not at all there is a distinct difference, the pharasies loved to pray for the praise of man, it was not based on love for God. My prayers separated me from people and that was wrong. Relationship is very important, if we neglect our relationships and only pray it is not good.

We are not talking about it being done in such a way to receive praise of man, if thats why you did it then yes that is wrong but almost all my praying is done in the privacy of my home or car unless I pray for someone who I may come cross and they want prayer. I dont even pray in public to impress any human. As a matter of fact, since I became a Christian I have never prayed to impress anyone. When I pray it is because of my love for God and mankind. So as far as I am concerned I cant pray too much but then again, I have never felt as though it was a religious duty.
You will see from history, some of the most well known Ministers of the past who saw the most healing and even raised people from the dead was ones who prayed a lot, like Smith Wigglesworth. He prayed I believe it was every half hour no matter where he was. We need more strong men of God like that instead of people more concerned about themselves and their personal life. Only those who like Smith who put God first will be the true warriors for Gods Kingdom instead of mans.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its is good to pray alwwys with thanksgiving but not so you can be seen by everyone else, which is why Jesus said go to your prayer closet and shut the door.

Sometimes newbie christians need to have an elder pray with them though if they are struggling. But it only needs to be two or three gathered in His name. They dont need to be long drawn out prayers...prayer is also listening to God and spending time with Him not you talking all the time.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We are human, our sinful nature is still active. Do we need to repent everyday?
Is masturbation and watching inappropriate content a big sin?

Yes.

"Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires." (Romans 13:13-14)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it was just a physiological reaponse wveryone would be doing this in broad daylight. Would you do it in front of children?

I dont think so. Please dont justify something thats wrong.
I know of a principal in a school who was looking at inappropriate content on his school computer, it wasnt just he was doing it at school and got caught but it was wrong full stop.
He was dismissed. Just because hes the principal doesnt give him any right to do what he likes to satisfy his own desires.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are doing this because it is your response to inappropriate content, but get rid of the inappropriate content.

You are just a party and victim to sexual slavery which is a big explotiative industry and keeps many women in bondage..they dont want to to it. Its for money most often than not, they are not stripping for anyones pleasure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hawk Flint

דבון בן־אלהים
Aug 16, 2016
U. S.
✟11,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always sin, I have lust...

Hey, you're not the only one that struggles with this. I struggle with it too. Here's some advice that's helpful to me, and I hope is useful to you.

What goes to our eyes goes to our mind. What goes to our mind goes to our heart. What dwells in our heart determines our actions.

So cut off the source of the temptation. What you see, hear, or even think that causes it, replace it with godly things, and it will be lessened. Something I do when I am being tempted, is I cry out to Christ, I say (actually I whisper),"Christ help Christ help," and the temptation is lessened. Not gone, but it was easier to resist. Christ knows how hard the temptation is, because He was tempted in every way we are, except He never sinned. So I think that you should do what He suggested: The sinful pictures, cut them off. The sinful thoughts, cut them off (this is the hardest one, because it is in the mind). Anything that causes you to stumble, cut it off. And know that just because you fail a few times, or even a hundred times, or even a thousand times, G-d will forgive you. His grace is bigger than sin is. I hope this helps, this is what I had to do.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only kind of christian we can aspire to be is perfect, and only Jesus was perfect. And since we can't achieve that we have to obtain "the best we can be". And weak or strong, it may vary as life goes on. Some start strong, but end weak. Some start weak and end up strong. Some just go back and forth forever. Its just how our lives will be. Our sins are paid for, but we still are in these fleshy vessels that still have the ability to sin.

Now this doesn't mean we should sin because "Oops I can't help it!". But it means we should try to be as perfect as we can be. And when we mess up, pray for forgiveness and move on.

Upvote 0

yellowfree

Dec 9, 2012
✟7,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I was told to know who you are , your identity.
See yourself in only a positive light, key positive.
key "only, solely" don't mix old negative view with positive view of yourself

Um its like this song by Orianthi, called "According to You"

I guess it could be like your identity in Christ..
I remember hearing once that "you see yourself as good next to the cross"
So it seem of utmost importance to see yourself as good.

I am still trying to get there.. I've been distracted deceiving myself I Guess ( I could focus my efforts better and be better with my time management) but it looks like I have to flood, claim and annoy
flood myself with confessions affirmations of my identity claiming them even to the point of it annoying me...:/
On to work now -

But yeah honestly since I have yet to reach therefore my advice might not be taken seriously as how can I Teach someone something I have not implemented successfully myself.

I also heard that if I loved myself, I'd stop sinning...( haven't really gotten to the point of loving myself -not narcissistically or in a bad way but the right way)

But yeah perhaps I could just say read other peoples testimonies about how they got free from sin..but perhaps you could try what I was told to do and see if it work, better yet go the Source, ( God, Jesus, his Holy Spirit ) to reveal to you the way out of your situation.

Peace and Kudos

Upvote 0

Jesus_is_Saint

Sep 4, 2016
Malaysia
✟47,272.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I have bad ideas in my mind like hating people, cursing people, being jealous of people, do not show compassion to beggars, thinking of obscenity etc.
I try to control it, but just repeat to do it from time to time.
I pray that God will reduce that.
I am just powerless to overcome my fleshy weakness myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus_is_Saint

Sep 4, 2016
Malaysia
✟47,272.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am just a tiny man,
I am not very strong in faith,
I am not so rich that I can always give to the poor,
I am not so talented that I can serve the Lord in Church or any Christians organizations,
my vocal is poor that I cannot sing very well to praise God,
I only know how to read Bible and pray to God- this is the best I can do.
When I see God, will He blame me that I am a fruitless Christian?

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I always sin, I have lust, greediness, I tell lie.

How to be a better Christian?

Try to tell one less lie every week, and eat one less doughnut. Etc. If you succeed, great. If you don't, try again.

Sometimes we have to destroy sin slowly, if we cannot do it quickly.

The Holy Spirit wants to help you to become the very best version of yourself possible; the person God always intended you to be. You can work with him or against him, but that is what he will do, even if it takes a lifetime.

And don't worry about anyone else; for most of us it takes a very, very long time.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
How should we control our sexual desire? Suppress it?

If you attempt to suppress it then chances are you will just make it worse. Sublimation is better. Channel that desire into something else creative; woodworking, sport, gardening, art; anything you like. Use it creatively in ways which are not sinful.

The greatest artists in the world have done this.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
There's nothing wrong with that. Being on fire for God is amazing.

Yeah, there is.

If we pray to the extent that we neglect our families we are neglecting God. Whatever we do to the least of those around us, we do to him. It is important to find balance in prayer, as in everything else.

Upvote 0