Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Saint, I want to start by saying that you are NOT a weak Christian- you are a Christian, fully saved and fully redeemed by the Cross and Resurrection, and NOTHING/NO ONE can change that.

Now, there are issues with your life- as you've pointed out, you keep sinning. You lust, you lie, youy covet; all of these things are bad, but they are NOT what define you. Yes, you should (and can) stop doing these things, but these actions are no longer who you are. You are new creation- everything about you is new, including what you do.

That you haven't changed your behavior isn't proof that you aren't saved/weak in your faith, but rather that you simply do not understand who you are- you aren't that old man anymore and you no longer have to live that way. All you have to do to change your behavior is turn to God; speak with Him as often as you can, renew your mind with His Word so that you might know who God says you are.

Oh, and don't let anyone tell you that you're a bad Christian just because you struggle with sin- every Christian does, no matter how holy they think they are. Anyone who says anything else us justblying, to you and themselves.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always sin, I have lust, greediness, I tell lie.

How to be a better Christian?

Jesus said in the bible. "the flesh is weak, but the Spirit is willing, pray then that you enter not into temptation".

Our natural tendency is to sin, it is only through being in God's presence that He will grant you power to overcome your sin. To get into God's presence you need to be often reading the bible and praying. Not to excess, but often.

To finish I will describe the verse above. It says "Naturally we are sinful or weak, but God's Holy Spirit can strengthen you so that you are willing to obey, so make it a habit to pray, for being in God's Spirit (presence) will strengthen you.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you do not have enough Word of God in you then you will fall for every lie that comes down the pike from the devil. You need to get the Word of God in you. When I first became a Christian that's all I wanted to do was study the Bible. I keep seeing all these plans set up for reading all the way through the Bible in one year. I read the whole thing in less than six weeks then set myself to actually study it instead of just reading through it so I bought several kinds of study aids, reference books, Bible dictionaries, etc. I asked Holy Spirit to help me and I loved it. When in school as a young person I hated to study, I didn't care about learning but when it came to getting to know Jesus, the one who loved me so much, all I wanted was to know Him. I so fell in love with Him and my life has never been so exciting as since I fell in love with Him. With His help I have overcome so many things in my life that I never thought possible. I was 48 before I became a believer so I had a lot of years of sin to overcome. Work on a personal relationship with Him, you will never regret it ! God bless !
The ways I learned how to get closer to God......, studying the Word, prayer, fasting and worship

2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; :prayer::amen:

Last edited:
Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always sin, I have lust, greediness, I tell lie.

How to be a better Christian?
Jesus_is_Saint: Eating right...John 6:63, Jeremiah 15:16
Put on the right clothes: Ephesians 6:10-18
Growing up: John 15:4
Exercising: Matthew 21:28, Mark 16:15

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
if you are struggling with a desire, don't feed it; starve it instead. sexual suggestion is everywhere - tv, billborads, the way people dress to attract attention to their bodies - train your eyes to look at eyes only instead of bodies; avoid tv that has sexual suggestion, don't hang around with people who feed their sexual desire or dress to promote sexual desire in others.

the antidote for greed is giving; giving to help people becomes more and more addictive as you see them blessed, and will overpower greed.

habitual lying can be controlled by simply hesitating and thinking about what you are about to say before you say it; but the best way to avoid lying is to focus on the good of the person you're talking to - it's easier to tell the truth when your focus is on what's good for them rather than on what people might think of you; lying always seeks to promote self.

becoming a better Christian requires changing your focus; focus on how good God is, and on sharing His goodness with the people you see as you go through your day - the more of the knowledge of God's goodness you put into yourself and give to others, the better a Christian you will be

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
there are no 'big' sins or 'little' sins; all sins (wrong thinking and actions) have their root in unbelief, so all sins are equally bad. repent means change; we need to change every time we sin - and the change we need to make is to agree with God about what is good and what is bad for us rather than make our own decisions. rather than try to 'stop that sinning' on your own, ask God to help you with it - He already knows about all our unbelief, hears all our thoughts, and sees all we do; and since He paid the price for all our wrong thinking and actions, He has made forgiveness available at the cross some 2000 years ago for every single one of our wrong thoughts and actions - so when you sin, admit it to God and receive your already-available forgiveness - then go back to learning about how good He is - His goodness is what changes us. the more you're thinking about Him and His promises of unconditional goodness toward you, the less you will sin as a by-product of focus on Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I encourgae you to read the Bible. Dont stop until you read every word and then start over again cos you want to read it again and again! Then you will know how to be a christian.

Pauls letters to the church are the ones in the Bible to meditate on on how to live a christian life. Follow Jesus example in the gospels and you cant go wrong, and take Pauls advice.

As for masturbation and inappropriate content, yes, those are sinful desires (lust/concupiscience, fleshly, demonic) Pauls advice was to flee youthful lusts, abstain from fornication.

In other words stop viewing inappropriate content. So if its on your computer delete it, bin it! Of you have magazines burn them! If you have movies with inappropriate contentographic content bin them! Make a decision to do what is honoring to God. Put God first in your life and show the devil the door.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are human, our sinful nature is still active. Do we need to repent everyday?
Yes.
Is masturbation and watching inappropriate content a big sin?
Stop the inappropriate content.
It feeds your fleshy desires.
Intercourse between two people is not for a third person to get off on.

Hey, but don't expect all of your unholiness to disappear at once.
It usually takes time to 'grow in Christ', probably the rest of our lives...
The desire to repent will grow to.
God will help you, put your trust in Him.
Don't lose hope when things seem hopeless.

God bless.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
?? I didn't realize there was such a thing as reading the Bible too much or too often, huh, what do you know.
When I was a young Christian I prayed too much, it became a religious duty, where I neglected the relationships around me. That was excessive.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was a young Christian I prayed too much, it became a religious duty, where I neglected the relationships around me. That was excessive.
There's nothing wrong with that. Being on fire for God is amazing.

Upvote 0