AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why does a relatively meaningless sack of chemicals seek an answer to this?
This is where I really start shacking my head. Where on God's green Earth does anyone ever get the idea that simply because someone doesn't believe in God that they automatically think humanity is this relatively meaningless sack of chemicals?

Life and living doesn't automatically loose anything to someone just because they reject God.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is where I really start shacking my head. Where on God's green Earth does anyone ever get the idea that simply because someone doesn't believe in God that they automatically think humanity is this relatively meaningless sack of chemicals?

Life and living doesn't automatically loose anything to someone just because they reject God.

If one believes they're more than a sack of chemicals, why would they believe that? On what basis?

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But, why would a mere sack of chemicals believe they're more than a sack of chemicals? On what basis?
Are you going to repeat your question until you get the answer you want. If so please just copy and paste my responces right below yours.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But, why would a mere sack of chemicals believe they're more than a sack of chemicals? On what basis?
Man is a trichotomy: body, soul, spirit.

Scientists deny the soul and the spirit -- or at least define them contrary to the Scriptures.

Thus we are only ⅓ of what Christians say we are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't voodoo teach that zombies are just dead bodies resurrected, with no soul or spirit?

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Man is a trichotomy: body, soul, spirit.

Scientists deny the soul and the spirit -- or at least define them contrary to the Scriptures.

Thus we are only ⅓ of what Christians say we are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't voodoo teach that zombies are just dead bodies resurrected, with no soul or spirit?
I don't see that. the atheists I've talked to only reject the manner in which religion says we came into being.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,922,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see that. the atheists I've talked to only reject the manner in which religion says we came into being.
You mean by God breathing into man the breath of life, and man becoming a living soul?

Are you telling me they accept that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm really not looking for a response, I'm looking for an answer.
A responce is an answer. Maybe not the answer you want, but an answer all the same.

Come to think of it, you never really responded to my post . I didn't want anything other than where you got the idea that people who reject God think of themselves as how you describe.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A responce is an answer. Maybe not the answer you want, but an answer all the same.

Come to think of it, you never really responded to my post . I didn't want anything other than where you got the idea that people who reject God think of themselves as how you describe.

The idea comes from the fact that those who reject the view of a theistic creation, and instead embrace the view that they're the product of only a series of naturalistic processes, would have to face the fact that they're only an evolved sack of chemicals. If one were to believe otherwise, one would need to explain why they're more than an evolved sack of chemicals.

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The entire point of freedom of speech is that it protects unpopular speech.
Even if it's detrimental to the society? where do you draw the line?
I would say there is free speech and then there is stupidity with society deciding what is stupid and what is not,
in the US it's money that decides what stupid is and for that reason religion and ignorance is supported and encouraged,
the masses can have the religion and while they're praying the top people can take all the money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's because religions give no answers all they give are feelings of inferiority and uselessness, the believer then needs to create a god to rid them of those feelings and lift them up to where their life has importance and meaning.
Religions make full use of our imaginations.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's because religions give no answers all they give are feelings of inferiority and uselessness, the believer then needs to create a god to rid them of those feelings and lift them up to where their life has importance and meaning.

Any worldview would do this, religious or non-religious. Atheism's God is the individual who believe themselves to be more than a sack of chemicals, with their self-identification being more than just synapses firing in the brain. They assign, from within themselves, personal value and particular views of behavior which is moral or immoral.

For example, you apparently believe you're more than simply a sack of chemicals, with your subjective personal value entwined with revealing to others, of a different worldview than you, that feelings (wherever they come from, whatever their source) which are detrimental to themselves should be discarded in favor of your worldview which doesn't include such undesirable emotions such as "inferiority and uselessness". Somehow, you've concluded that you're a life form with superior thought processes and conclusions. From where does this come? What is the source for your thought process? What is the source for your imaginations?

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

It's weird that you're a bogeyman here.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The idea comes from the fact that those who reject the view of a theistic creation, and instead embrace the view that they're the product of only a series of naturalistic processes, would have to face the fact that they're only an evolved sack of chemicals. If one were to believe otherwise, one would need to explain why they're more than an evolved sack of chemicals.
First of all. You are setting up a strawman here which no one needs to respond to. Second of all it is the quality of the person themselves that grants them any relivancy in the world.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all. You are setting up a strawman here which no one needs to respond to.

What strawman?

Second of all it is the quality of the person themselves that grants them any relivancy in the world.

How do they grant themselves relevancy? By what process?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.