Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Tolerated? In what sense? It is the settled law of the land that naive creationism cannot be taught as science in public schools. Nevertheless, such teaching is sometimes 'tolerated' by local school boards, until someone complains and the school board's legal advisors tell them to knock it off.

Beyond that, though, freedom of speech and the press protect those who hold creationist beliefs. They are free to hold these wrong ideas and espouse them and publish them. Creationism will always be tolerated, indeed protected, in that sense.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How much longer do you think creationism will be tolerated in the US?

Tolerated???

Biblical creationism is not taken seriously in most circles and especially those involving educated people. People are allowed to have their personal beliefs though, would you agree?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tolerated???

Biblical creationism is not taken seriously in most circles and especially those involving educated people. People are allowed to have their personal beliefs though, would you agree?
Yes but I have heard that people don't only believe it they act on it to the detriment of their children and their communities.

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tolerated???

How about Nazism would that also be allowed? would you defend someone's right to be a Nazi?

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It will never go away. Just like the faith-based beliefs of atheistic Darwinist creationism will always have it's adherents.
This is the very reason I am asking the question, people are being damaged by it.

The teaching of creationism has been banned in the UK, people are however still free to indoctrinate their children with it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How much longer do you think creationism will be tolerated in the US?
Depends on when the Rapture occurs (Perhaps today?).

If the Rapture were to occur right now, then the answer to your question would be: 3½ years.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the very reason I am asking the question, people are being damaged by it.

Depends on what you mean by 'damaged'. The worldview which concludes that we're simply sacks of chemicals (Darwinism) is damaging in the sense that there is no such thing as immorality.

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Depends on what you mean by 'damaged'. The worldview which concludes that we're simply sacks of chemicals (Darwinism) is damaging in the sense that there is no such thing as immorality.
Is that why countries with less religion are more moral than countries with a lot of religion, the US is a the perfect example,
tons of religion and very few morals, needless and violent death is a way of life in parts of the US.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is that why countries with less religion are more moral than countries with a lot of religion, the US is a the perfect example,
tons of religion and very few morals, needless and violent death is a way of life in parts of the US.

I'm sure you've discussed this here using another alter. But, where's your morality coming from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But, what is moral and what is immoral and where, in man, does this come from?
I am not an ethicist, but living by the Golden Rule, a rule that Jesus advocated but did not write, is a good place to start. If you don't want to get hit by people you should not hit people yourself. Proper moral action will minimize pain and strife in the world.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not an ethicist, but living by the Golden Rule, a rule that Jesus advocated but did not write, is a good place to start. If you don't want to get hit by people you should not hit people yourself. Proper moral action will minimize pain and strife in the world.

You quickly avoided the questions.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You quickly avoided the questions.
No, I didn't. I answered them with an open explanation that I am not an expert on these matters. I answered your question rather directly. Perhaps it was beyond your understanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.