Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I sinned for fifty years and never in that time did I ask for forgiveness, until I was saved. Now when I sin I feel guilty and sad and I ask to be forgiven, and I am, by the grace of God. There were two old testament disciples that didn't sin and God took them to heaven. Praise God. Question ?

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, brother, and grace and peace to you in the name of our lord Jesus. Welcome to the kingdom of heaven!

Romans 10:9-10 is one way to know that we are saved. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart (not just in your mind) that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Also, if you have received the holy spirit, he himself will testify that you are now a child of God (Romans 8:16).

Hope these help!

In Christ,
Daryl

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I sinned for fifty years and never in that time did I ask for forgiveness, until I was saved. Now when I sin I feel guilty and sad and I ask to be forgiven, and I am, by the grace of God. There were two old testament disciples that didn't sin and God took them to heaven. Praise God. Question ?
Our trust is in God, and His faithfulness to do as He promises, and in His mercy - not in anything of ourselves.

The very fact that you are bothered by sin and want to be forgiven shows that you have some sense of repentance, which is by the grace of God Himself at work in you.

All we have to do is remain in faith, keep trusting God no matter what.

The demons may lie to us, man can be in error, but God is faithful and true, and that is where our hope lies. :)

God be with you!

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I share what I studied this morning >
Living by the Spirit’s Power (Galations)
Allow Holy Spirit to guide my life Then I won’t be doing what my sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit of God wants. And the Spirit gives me desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other.
Be directed by the Spirit
The desires of my sinful nature, is very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these.
If I live that sort of life I will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
God's Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
Since I belong to Christ Jesus I daily
nail the passions and desires of my sinful nature to HIS cross and crucified them there.
If I am living by His Spirit, then I follow after the Ruach's leading in every part of my life.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0