How do you and your spouse help each other live healthy?

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No matter how healthy I feed him he still sneaks in lots of chocolate bars in his lunch pail. :doh: Not to mention the coke he drinks! But he's not as bad as he used to be. I exercise, but he does so much walking and physical labour at work, he really doesn't need to do more on the side. Besides, he's one of those stick skinny dudes. :p

Upvote 0

kevind

Newbie Forever
Nov 30, 2010
Kentucky
✟7,966.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wish...I am getting to the age I need to change my eating habits. I have no since of smell and that greatly affects my taste. I love salt and hot spicy things. My wife does not like me to cook due to this. It is kinda funny when one of the kids eat something I make and go running for water. lol

Upvote 0

peteos

Jul 16, 2007
Texas
✟8,358.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife does most of the cooking and usually serves healthy stuff, and that usually becomes lunch for me the next day. Unfortunately since she started working she cooks less frequently and the healthiness has declined some, but not to much. We almost never eat any dessert.

We both work out every day; we're both gym rats, but we seldom go together because we have two kids so usually someone has to be home. Last year they were both in school so we coordinated sometimes to be there at the same time, but not so much this year because she's working. We share it though in that we talk about it ALL the time and I give her copious amounts of massages. (The habit of going every day is so ingrained in both of us that we don't have to encourage each other in that regard, indeed I usually have to counsel my wife to rest).

We're were both a little unhealthy, myself quite a bit more then my wife; is that we both drink at least a little every night (and I sometimes drink a lot). I'm tall, strong, and well in shape, but am about 12 pounds heavier then I want to be which I blame almost entirely on alcohol. Keeping me from a six pack.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We exercise together, whether it's walking at night or doing Tai Chi.

Eating habits are starting to change as she cooks more and we focus more on healthy things. It helps that neither of us are really into fried foods opting to bake instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I call my husband when it starts raining cats and dogs and tell him to "wear your seatbelt".(I think he says yes dear and doesnt..hence the tickets LOL)

I encourage him to get a pedicure..(dry splitting cracked heals)..hes rejected that idea..

OH one year I made him go for the "anal probe" check up Like a 40 year old man check up???..they didnt even do an anal probe ..So that didnt help..

Basically nothing.

Love

Dallas

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was off to my colonoscopy, and my wife asked, "honey, is there an option for it to be free range?"
I said what?
She said well, my friends talk about free range so much I thought everything would be better if its free range and cost 7 times the regular price.

I left.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes.you just don't want the probe/And you just dont..Its about that simple.....
Its like ..NO one is STICKING a PROBE up my orrifice!

The end..

I traded the Probe for the Vibe, you know, preferring foreign cars over domestic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I heard you save a lot on "gas"...:thumbsup:

Love

Dallas

GOOOOD ONE

Sometimes you are the only one who appreciates my brand of mental illness.

I like that about you dallas! We share a .....what? language....sick humor....tilted sarcastic wit.....what?

Anyway....I knew youd react

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOOOOD ONE

Sometimes you are the only one who appreciates my brand of mental illness.

I like that about you dallas! We share a .....what? language....sick humor....tilted sarcastic wit.....what?

Anyway....I knew youd react

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!

NO Cons..I have always appreciated your sick sense of humor.Even though sometimes you just ramble aimlessly mumbling.(thats REAL irratating)other than that irritating beyond belief factor... I do appreciate your dry sick sarcasitc mentally ill wit.Because sometimes..your funny!!!!!Your humor is real to me ..I can richochet off of you easy..You seem to get me too on that one.

If I was taller(or if you were shorter)..we could probably play basketball.(on the same team)...

I don't know what we "share"..but whatever it is..I like it too..

Birds of a feather we are it seems in that area..

so....

Love

Dallas

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always been very health conscious, ever since I started having kids 27 years ago. I made whole wheat bread for us for many years, for example. I always cook things from scratch and abhor pre-packaged, processed yuck "food". So cute, during the years the kids were growing up, the big exciting thing of the day was "what did Mom make for dinner tonight".

Anyway, my husband has diabetes and now I really have to be careful for him. No matter how healthily I cook, though, he often manages to ingest junk food. And since he started taking insulin shots a couple of years ago, now sometimes his sugar gets too LOW and he crashes, so I have to have a few sweet things around for those instances. It's a constant balancing act.

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always been very health conscious, ever since I started having kids 27 years ago. I made whole wheat bread for us for many years, for example. I always cook things from scratch and abhor pre-packaged, processed yuck "food". So cute, during the years the kids were growing up, the big exciting thing of the day was "what did Mom make for dinner tonight".

Anyway, my husband has diabetes and now I really have to be careful for him. No matter how healthily I cook, though, he often manages to ingest junk food. And since he started taking insulin shots a couple of years ago, now sometimes his sugar gets too LOW and he crashes, so I have to have a few sweet things around for those instances. It's a constant balancing act.

My husband has diabetes too.Diagnosed about a year ago..Not insulin dependent ..he takes meds and HE eats right now...

Love

Dallas

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We eat very well, not that we watch our fat or sugar intake, but the majority 70-80% of each meal was made, grown, harvested or preserved on my families farm.
We grow chicken, beef and lamb.
Two huge veg. gardens which I help can and preserve all fall.
And root veg (carrots/potatoes/onions) that are still good from the garden.

So we eat mostly "organic" as we're doing all the work ourselves and know exactly whats in our food, or was fed to our food.

Peace,
- Niff

Upvote 0