How Christ will judge His sheep the saved Christians?

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if a person builds on the foundation of Christ what does that mean.

1 Corinthians 3.12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

the foundation of Christ stands sure, the lord knows those that are his[ his sheep hear his words and follow him.] and everyone that is his who names the name of the lord departs from iniquity. t

here are different vessels in the same house, if a man purges himself from these,[ dishonour] he is a vessel meet for the masters use, and if there is burning it is purging, if there is no purging, no honour, there will be burning in a furnace of fire, and the loss is your soul, the reward is destruction and damnation, instead of eternal life and glory.

2 Timothy 2.19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Thessalonians 1.8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:
12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The judgement seat of Christ is not about condemnation. I agree with what GotQuestions says on this matter and it is thorough: What is the judgment seat of Christ? | GotQuestions.org
There are only two judgments: our own personal judgment immediately after we die which will determine whether we will inherit eternal life or be condemned to eternal hellfire, and the judgment of all peoples, both righteous and unrighteous, at the end of time.

There isn't a separate believers' judgment apart from an unbelievers' judgment.

Hebrews 9:27 And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment,

The evil rich man was sent immediately to hell after he died. Luke 16:19-32
After his death, Judas was sent to his own place also. Acts 1:25, Mark 14:21

The great white throne judgment and the judgment of the sheep and goats are different depictions of just one judgment and this one judgment will take place after Jesus returns for His second appearing/coming at the end of time.

We will be judged either worthy of eternal life or unworthy of eternal life by our own works which we did while we were alive on earth.

John 5:28-29 Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come outthose who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"How Christ will judge His sheep the saved Christians?"

You judge yourself.

It's like walking up the ramp to Noah's Ark. You decide.

Matthew 25 explains:

1. The parable of the talents. The harvests (big wars) are coming. If you sit around and do nothing (the lazy servant), then you will be killed when the harvests arrive. You are supposed to get out of the way.

If you get through the harvests ... .

2. The parable of the wise and foolish virgins. Will you be fooled by the fake Jesus (false prophet, fake bridegroom?) Half will be fooled and take the mark of the beast.

3. Half the virgins will refuse the mark and be killed.

4. The exceptions hiding out in the wilderness. This group is real small.

Not much for Jesus to do.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"How Christ will judge His sheep the saved Christians?"
Their sin has already been atoned for, so there is no judgment on sin, leaving the only judgment they will face to be an awards ceremony.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their sin has already been atoned for, so there is no judgment on sin, leaving the only judgment they will face to be an awards ceremony.
I think the "awards ceremony" will be a matter of assigning stewardships. Consistently in the NT, the reward for good work is more work.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure? His death opened the way for resurrection and the new Kingdom. Not all shall enter but those who reject the will of man for the will of God.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think the "awards ceremony" will be a matter of assigning stewardships. Consistently in the NT, the reward for good work is more work.
Haven't given that any thought. Those whose works were worthless will receive no reward.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you sure? His death opened the way for resurrection and the new Kingdom. Not all shall enter but those who reject the will of man for the will of God.
That's what Ro 3:25 says.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how can christians talking on a forum show anything right, when the right way is already exampled in the sufferings and death of Jesus Christ, and how do they show they believe in anything from the epistles of paul, without acknowledging that Jesus chose paul, to first be in him, that pattern of longsuffering of Christ, to all who would afterwards believe on him to life everlasting.

salvation is through enduring of the sufferings of Christ, there is no atonement without it.

2 Corinthians 1:6
And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

Philippians 3.9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

1 Timothy 1:16
Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Hebrews 2:10
For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

James 5.9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Reactions: Jan001
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the conclusion is, no cross it took by the people of the forum who reveal what is in their heart, that it is a hard heart that acknowledges and agrees to nothing of Christ, that only keeps their old conversation going, by only remaining on the same old subtly denying forums.

continue to play your leapfrog games.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That says the punishment of death from the time of the Garden has been passed over with the coming of the Kingdom, previously unavailable
That says, "God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement (for remission sin) through faith in his blood." (Ro 3:25)

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That says, "God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement (for remission sin) through faith in his blood." (Ro 3:25)
next corinthians tells about faith in that blood, how it must be taken worthily, Jesus shows his requirements of worthiness in the gospels, and paul speaking in these epistles was told by christ how he had to suffer great things for the name of christ, which we were exampled to follow also.

1 Corinthians 11:29
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
next corinthians tells about faith in that blood, how it must be taken worthily, Jesus shows his requirements of worthiness in the gospels, and paul speaking in these epistles was told by christ how he had to suffer great things for the name of christ, which we were exampled to follow also.
1 Corinthians 11:29
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
Yes, the Lord's Supper must not be taken in unconfessed sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same thing
Only for those who believe in and trust on the person and atoning work of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sin.

The subject is Jesus' atonement for the elect (Ro 3:25). . .which remits their sin and makes them "not guilty" at the final judgment of all mankind; i.e., the sheep and the goats.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Lord's Supper must not be taken in unconfessed sin.
worthy

Matthew 10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 22:8
Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Luke 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Luke 20:35
But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, disobedience or putting anyone or anything before God is sin, which makes you unfit for God.
Matthew 10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Matthew 22:8
Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Luke 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Luke 20:35
But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0