✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Ezekiel 34:11-12,
"For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day."

Now I know the Prophet is speaking the Word of the LORD to Israel there, but as with a lot of Scripture, there are multiple applications, and layers that can be peeled back to show more. John 10:27-30 bears this out:
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

As well, Luke 19:10, " For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."

I will search my sheep and seek them out. Back to John 10:16 and we see the Gentiles would be included with the sheep, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

Now Ezekiel refers to all the places the sheep have been scattered in the dark and cloudy day. This certainly refers first to when Israel was scattered, and taken captive, for that was such a dark and cloudy day. But it also applies to every one of us who have been captive to the bondage of sin, which is an ongoing dark and cloudy day, until the LORD delivers us from all the places that sin has taken our souls - some of which has been pretty dark for at least some of us, perhaps many of us, and if we take God's holy perspective, then ALL of us.

Jesus also tells us, "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day," and, "Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.." (John 6:44 & 65)

Acts 13:48,
"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed."

The word for ordained there is "Tasso" which means to appoint, assign, ordain. It is God the father who has appointed us to eternal life, and it is He who draws us, and that is a gift given of the Father. Many are called, few are chosen.

Praise the glorious name of Yahweh in Yeshua, Jesus the Messiah that He DOES seek His Sheep, and pray that those who have been chosen respond to the call. Jesus MUST seek His Sheep, for He will leave the 99 to seek the one that is lost, and He will seek till He finds it.