Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My Mother lasted less than a week. We checked on her perodically where she laid in her bed. I did the final check and looked for her chest to move, it didn't . I called in the rest of the family to confirm.

We were instructed to call hospice and they came immediately and pronounced death. The Irish nurse came on her day off and dressed my Mother in a nice dress for her final journey.

I think your She wil pass soon, the Morphine quickens the process.

You know something Michie,death can be a blessing. When quality of life is compromised and not going to return, then it is time to go home.

I pray she passes quickly without further suffering.
Thank you eastcoast.

Upvote 0

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's crazy we have had several times where hospice told us she may not make it through the night. She has congestive heart failure, dementia, and a myriad of other health problems. She pulls through everytime. She has suffered so much and has had a very rough life. It would be nice if the final stage could be peaceful and she spends an eternity with God. I don't see her lingering long with the morphine though. We shall see. Thank you for the prayers and companionship during this time. :)
:( :hug:
A friend of mine held a vigil for his dying father who was in Hospice and on liquid morphine. His dad was strong willed even when unconscious and held on for two weeks. Near the end when the nurse came to check on his state of health she said it wouldn't be too long now. A wound on his foot had stopped seeping. That was a sign the body processes had started to cease.
William stayed awake and sat beside where his father laid in bed for three days straight. Sleeping very little, minutes really, and that being his body shutting him down so he could process the stress.

His dad passed very quietly while William combed his hair and told him all the beautiful things he loved about being his son.

My prayers for you and your family in this time. I sat with William during that time just to spell him should he have a need. I know how it feels. There's the hope that some miracle will bring them around and fully healed. And then there's the realization that passing to a better place really is the best thing. But it's hard when they've been part of your life for so very long to then watch them leave you so very slowly.

You're not alone you know. We're all here for you. Peace be with your precious grandmother and God receive her with mercy. :hug:

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
with morphine i think the only question would be one of how long before dependency sets in.
it's a narcotic, so that's part of the concern.

Yes, I totally get that. My Grandmother was clearly dying though and had cancer throughout most of her body. I can't imagine how a body deals with pain when there is cancer all over the body.

the other concern would be that a too-heavy dose would interfear with the automatic breathing response,
necessitating a breathing mask and additional oxygeon for her.

I would rather my Grandmother had died a week or two earlier than suffer the way she did. She was asking for a painless death - what kind of society are we if we can't give that to human beings but our pets can have that???

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:prayer: Holding your grandma up in prayer. And you and your family as well as these times can be very draining. Now is when you tell her all that you want to say while there is still time. Even if she is asleep due to the morphine, she hears you. Believe in that because your love comes from your heart to hers. God be with you all. :hug:

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,688,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have upped the morphine to every two hours. No pain but grandma keeps calling for her mother. Very sad. Hospice said time is very short now. She will be 90 on the 25th. But like my father in law I think she will go a couple days before her birthday. Prayers appreciated.

Upvote 0

Yeshuas_My_Freedom

Put your faith in charge, not your fears!
Oct 12, 2015
✟10,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
love-hug4.gif
iu
Those we love never really leave us. They walk with us in our memories, the wisdom they imparted, the humor that recalled still makes us chuckle, and above all the love that is eternal. Thank you for the update. My prayers are with your grandmother, you, and your family. God's peace and strength comfort you all during this time.

They have upped the morphine to every two hours. No pain but grandma keeps calling for her mother. Very sad. Hospice said time is very short now. She will be 90 on the 25th. But like my father in law I think she will go a couple days before her birthday. Prayers appreciated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Lord I pray that you will comfort Michie's Grandmother in her final hours. I pray Lord that she will see your face and the troubles of this world will no longer exist.

Upvote 0