mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I love it or hate it .. that boy didn't do his homework and he most definitely stole his daddies spare bomb kit to take to share day or class project which ever they called it .. he probably did it to just to freak out the class feel like the bog man.. and get this reaction of fear in the kids and to make the kids afraid and maybe the parents had a hand in it just get a lawsuit also.
IS. " my bones my bones the treacherous dealers have dealt treachery". there is all kinds of treacherous dealers ..
and nothing will stop it now BUT Jesus .

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
.. that boy didn't do his homework and he most definitely stole his daddies spare bomb kit to take to share day..

While I did start this thread to discuss whether or not "Islamaphobia" or "racism" allegations that have been made are valid...

...let's try to keep it a civil conversation.

"most definitely stole his daddies spare bomb kit" has a slight tinge of hate speech, If I may say so.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well I hate that a society isn't allowed to be suspicious of bomb materials in a moslims child's possession at school where other kids are not allowed to even have aspirins with out supervision and suspicion.
they don't rank such special privileges as liberals allow them and don't allow no one else. they will use that.
what other child do you know that makes a suit case clock? especially one that sheriffs won't show up at the parents house to take a look. and rightfully so !
it is called hypocrisy. and they will use it .

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I really want to see is someone rig one of those up (whatever they are, like a storebought clock taken apart to look like a, what, NOT a clock anymore!) and try and
bring it into the White House. I'm sure Obama would just overrule the Secret Service and give them a high five.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well I hate that a society isn't allowed to be suspicious of bomb materials in a moslims child's possession at school where other kids are not allowed to even have aspirins with out supervision and suspicion.
they don't rank such special privileges as liberals allow them and don't allow no one else. they will use that.
what other child do you know that makes a suit case clock? especially one that sheriffs won't show up at the parents house to take a look. and rightfully so !
it is called hypocrisy. and they will use it .

Just to clear, there were no actual bomb making materials...he just removed existing clock components and transferred it to a new case (motives for doing so are still up for debate). However, this thread was mainly to address the point that I and others have been making, that is...racism was an unlikely culprit for why the teacher turned him in.

As far as the sheriffs going to search the parents home...they'd need a judge to sign off on a warrant for that.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just to clear, there were no actual bomb making materials...he just removed existing clock components and transferred it to a new case (motives for doing so are still up for debate). However, this thread was mainly to address the point that I and others have been making, that is...racism was an unlikely culprit for why the teacher turned him in.

As far as the sheriffs going to search the parents home...they'd need a judge to sign off on a warrant for that.
i can't speak for anyone else, but I never thought racism was central to the issue. What irritated me was the school and police response to the item, not the individual student. I'm not surprised people think his ethnicity was part of the issue, but it wasn't my initial reaction.

Maybe idiots why think a suitcase with wires are dangerous upset me more than racists, i don't know.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That guy in the video looks huge for 11, did he find a kid to bring in the clock? Otherwise it's not a great experiment. Most people I think would be more likely to give a kid the benefit of the doubt, so if you wanted to see if race or religion were a factor you'd have to choose a person of about the same age.
I can't do video at home, thoygh, so perhaps the person in the picture wasn't the one who brought this second clock in.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I know what your doing ! :wave:
That's cool...I don't know how, but perhaps you do indeed know what I'm doing...which is going for a run right now. Carry on with your thread, I've said my piece.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That guy in the video looks huge for 11, did he find a kid to bring in the clock? Otherwise it's not a great experiment. Most people I think would be more likely to give a kid the benefit of the doubt, so if you wanted to see if race or religion were a factor you'd have to choose a person of about the same age.

That's moving the goalposts a bit is it not?

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's cool...I don't know how, but perhaps you do indeed know what I'm doing...which is going for a run right now. Carry on with your thread, I've said my piece.

ROTF ;P

ps that aint about you!
sorry dear. I should have quoted who I was talking to . sorry!

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i can't speak for anyone else, but I never thought racism was central to the issue. What irritated me was the school and police response to the item, not the individual student. I'm not surprised people think his ethnicity was part of the issue, but it wasn't my initial reaction.

Maybe idiots why think a suitcase with wires are dangerous upset me more than racists, i don't know.

I remember you mentioning that in another thread...your position on it has been consistent.

However, there were a large number blamed the teacher's actions on
-Racism
-Islamaphobia
-Texas
-Conservativism/Fundamentalism
-White privilege...which that one was the real kicker. I posted a picture from their faculty website showing that all of the English teachers except for one were Black females. ...and explained the statistical odds of a Black, Female, Teachers' Union employee being a Conservative Fundamentalist was less than half of a percent, and that in all likelihood, the teacher that turned Ahmed in was democrat (99.5% likelihood).

...at which point, they ignored my post and went out in search of low hanging fruit to rebuttal against lol.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember you mentioning that in another thread...your position on it has been consistent.

However, there were a large number blamed the teacher's actions on
-Racism
-Islamaphobia
-Texas
-Conservativism/Fundamentalism
-White privilege...which that one was the real kicker. I posted a picture from their faculty website showing that all of the English teachers except for one were Black females. ...and explained the statistical odds of a Black, Female, Teachers' Union employee being a Conservative Fundamentalist was less than half of a percent, and that in all likelihood, the teacher that turned Ahmed in was democrat (99.5% likelihood).

...at which point, they ignored my post and went out in search of low hanging fruit to rebuttal against lol.

As they also ignore the fact that MacArthur High School is 86% minorities enrollment. (Doesn't that make them a majority?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That's moving the goalposts a bit is it not?
I don't think so. If you're trying to show race or Islamophobis wasn't a factor, you should isolate those things and not confound it with other things.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
But many of us have said from the beginning that a reasonable level of initial suspicion was reasonable. It is what happened AFTER it became clear that it was not a bomb or after it should have been clear to anyone with a brain that it was not a bomb that was questionable. And perhaps racism or the like did play a part at that point.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As they also ignore the fact that MacArthur High School is 86% minorities enrollment. (Doesn't that make them a majority?)

Irving, TX is actually THE most diverse city in the US. No joke...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Irving-Neighborhood-Ranked-Americas-Most-Diverse-185375252.html

And as a I posted in the other threads
According to the last election results from that polling precinct, over 60% of the residents are Democratic voters.

So the narrative that many had about it being "white fundamentalist, bigoted, Texas, conservatives" was out of sync with reality.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Irving, TX is actually THE most diverse city in the US. No joke...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Irving-Neighborhood-Ranked-Americas-Most-Diverse-185375252.html

And as a I posted in the other threads
According to the last election results from that polling precinct, over 60% of the residents are Democratic voters.

So the narrative that many had about it being "white fundamentalist, bigoted, Texas, conservatives" was out of sync with reality.

It is just one zip code and a very poor measure of diversity. It is nearly equal percentages of Asian, White, Black and Latino. Meh. And not a pacific Islander to be seen. I wonder if any of those Asians are Indian or for that matter anything other than Chinese and Japanese. I wonder just how diverse those Whites are.

Upvote 0