Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You'd have to understand the societal context. This was in Irving, Texas. The Irving school district has had huge problems with low test scores. The mayor has been in trouble previously for anti-Islamic gaffes. When they brought the kid into the room with the police, one of them said "yeah that's the person I expected to see."

When they took him to the station, they refused to let him contact his parents or a lawyer, and kept trying to get him to say that the clock was a bomb. The police became quite frustrated; the chief of police described him as "passive-aggressive" because he kept saying that it was a clock. Which it was.

This was all theater for the school, the police department, and for Irving generally. They aren't used to bright, academically curious kids. So they did the logical thing. They had him arrested. Apparently, there's going to be some consequences for holding him incommunicado, and continuing to question him after he requested to contact his parents. Even in Texas, that's illegal.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Interesting...

It would appear some people were still alarmed by the homemade clock even if the person who made it is a white guy.
The cops should have got a court order and raided the parents home immediately. Most likely this was a trial run to see how far the child could get without being stopped. There is no second chance in a bombing. Where did he get the idea of making a clock that looked just like a bomb????? maybe the garage? I bet the police were not even allowed to follow up.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You'd have to understand the societal context. This was in Irving, Texas. The Irving school district has had huge problems with low test scores. The mayor has been in trouble previously for anti-Islamic gaffes. When they brought the kid into the room with the police, one of them said "yeah that's the person I expected to see."

When they took him to the station, they refused to let him contact his parents or a lawyer, and kept trying to get him to say that the clock was a bomb. The police became quite frustrated; the chief of police described him as "passive-aggressive" because he kept saying that it was a clock. Which it was.

This was all theater for the school, the police department, and for Irving generally. They aren't used to bright, academically curious kids. So they did the logical thing. They had him arrested. Apparently, there's going to be some consequences for holding him incommunicado, and continuing to question him after he requested to contact his parents. Even in Texas, that's illegal.

I don't believe this even deserves a reply, but here goes

If homeland security had picked up this kid, The parents home would have been completely ravaged looking for bomb making material and the kids parents and family would,t have been telling him what and how to answer the questions.
believe me, homeland security would have found ALL the answers

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't believe this even deserves a reply, but here goes

facepalm.gif

If homeland security had picked up this kid, The parents home would have been completely ravaged looking for bomb making material

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Last time I checked, DHS has people who can actually tell the difference between a clock and a bomb. The clowns who mishandled this one clearly couldn't.

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The cops should have got a court order and raided the parents home immediately. Most likely this was a trial run to see how far the child could get without being stopped. There is no second chance in a bombing. Where did he get the idea of making a clock that looked just like a bomb????? maybe the garage? I bet the police were not even allowed to follow up.

I agree completely. And since it's so incredibly easy to create a bomb with just an electronic clock (you don't even need any materials that explode!) we need to as a nation immediately arrest anyone selling that type of clock. So when you're planning your day at Wal-Mart, make sure to plan on calling 911 if you see anything like that being sold. But since I heard that terrorists can make your cell phone explode just by texting you a particular code, you should probably smash any cell phone that you might have with a hammer.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But many of us have said from the beginning that a reasonable level of initial suspicion was reasonable. It is what happened AFTER it became clear that it was not a bomb or after it should have been clear to anyone with a brain that it was not a bomb that was questionable. And perhaps racism or the like did play a part at that point.

I would specify fear of Muslims rather than racism, inasmuch as a Texan of any race can be afraid of Muslims.

But yes, the bigger point is how the authorities behaved after they knew it was not a bomb (which they knew almost immediately)--and that behavior is entirely a matter of the presumptions they made about the boy's intentions.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Last time I checked, DHS has people who can actually tell the difference between a clock and a bomb. The clowns who mishandled this one clearly couldn't.

Hi, This was a clock, in the likeness of a bomb. This stuff cannot be allowed. The kid is so lucky to even be alive!
If he was spotted opening this on the street, He would be dead now. Why do these brave men always put the child or wife in the forefront of this horror?
I do believe this was a trial run. and was rehearsed. Now they think they can put a real one in school now and no one will question.
If one reads the bible they will understand the end times and who the 2 main religions are! They know, but many Christians don't understand it. That is the shame to us.

Thanks for responding, and I will honor any others you have for me.

Allan

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree completely. And since it's so incredibly easy to create a bomb with just an electronic clock (you don't even need any materials that explode!) we need to as a nation immediately arrest anyone selling that type of clock. So when you're planning your day at Wal-Mart, make sure to plan on calling 911 if you see anything like that being sold. But since I heard that terrorists can make your cell phone explode just by texting you a particular code, you should probably smash any cell phone that you might have with a hammer.

Hi, Is that possible that your phone can explode by sending a code to your phone??????? No it would actually be a bomb that was made, and keyed to a cell phone number. This stuff isn't funny, the truth is funny enough. Its ba enough that women and children are sent carrying these bombs. Where are the men? hiding someplace more tha likely. Here we would call that cowardly.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, Is that possible that your phone can explode by sending a code to your phone??????? No it would actually be a bomb that was made, and keyed to a cell phone number. This stuff isn't funny, the truth is funny enough. Its ba enough that women and children are sent carrying these bombs. Where are the men? hiding someplace more tha likely. Here we would call that cowardly.

added: We can't completely do everything to prevent these cowards plan. what we know about we can prepare for, but its no use to discuss what if they could put a laser to the moon and beam it down to us! We just take it a step at a time.. Christ is coming back and until then evil is allow to shake its head. This is how God will separate the good souls from the bad souls for the Judgement. Christ has keep evil from hurting america until American politicians sold us out. God has slightly lifted his veil of protection, and you can almost see evil slithering in like snakes.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would specify fear of Muslims rather than racism, inasmuch as a Texan of any race can be afraid of Muslims.

But yes, the bigger point is how the authorities behaved after they knew it was not a bomb (which they knew almost immediately)--and that behavior is entirely a matter of the presumptions they made about the boy's intentions.
RD, I like your thinking, we are all Sojourners here for a short period.
our time here is just for the good and bad to show themselves for what we all are. The only reason we are all here on earth is that as things get worse and worse each human being will either side on good or evil. like a harvest of a wheat field. the closer it gets to harvest the more the weeds show their true color. at harvest the tares are separated from the wheat and the wheat is taken to Heaven, and the "weeds" are burned.
Every Christian should study the parable of the fig tree and the wheat and tares parable. It tells why we are here on earth now and where we are going when we die!
Don't you think America is letting Muslums into America as a test to see how the next generations will embrace us. When the children go to school, they are actually seeing how America really is. I was surprised to see the children are already embracing us and want to discard their religion. They believe they are overtaking us, but actually, the following generations will adapt to Christianity. I see some good in bring them over, but the crazies will continue for a generation or 2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love it or hate it .. that boy didn't do his homework and he most definitely stole his daddies spare bomb kit

Wow, second post. That didn't take long to go from 0-60 on the racism scale. Nevermind the Islamaphobiagauge.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2015
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, second post. That didn't take long to go from 0-60 on the racism scale. Nevermind the Islamaphobiagauge.
Hi Lupus, You are correct, and I partially say I am sorry. But My intention is to discuss what is happening and not specifically WHO is doing it. If only white people robbed banks and I was discussing the particulars of what bank robbers do and affect other people, would that me me a whitephobiagauge? No. if people do things that they can't stand other people talking about, then most likely they are doing something that is wrong.

And you say you are gay, I hope that is not the reason you are a pagen. If you see this, please go to E.C. Marsh +doorway papers, and look up adams seed. There he discusses the most profound reasons some people are born that does match their body. Can you imagine how hard it is for a male to be born after being constantly bathed in a womans hormones during pregnancy? Please read this, it may change how you are feeling about this.
Allan

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I'm now half afraid to post a serious point.

I changed my mind. I'm entirely afraid to make a serious point. So I'll leave it a bit cryptic. If I made a bomb the packaging would look exactly like what others brought in every day.

Edit: I've changed my mind again, on two things. I'll tell you what the casing would be, a book, pages partially removed. I've also decided I would not use my valued Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, I'd use a bible. No one in Irving Texas would suspect that, even if it was ticking or hissing and smoking.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm now half afraid to post a serious point.

I changed my mind. I'm entirely afraid to make a serious point. So I'll leave it a bit cryptic. If I made a bomb the packaging would look exactly like what others brought in every day.

Edit: I've changed my mind again, on two things. I'll tell you what the casing would be, a book, pages partially removed. I've also decided I would not use my valued Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, I'd use a bible. No one in Irving Texas would suspect that, even if it was ticking or hissing and smoking.

Which is the reason why the "this was just a trial run for a real bomb" conspiracy theory fails. A simple bookbag is easy enough.

Upvote 0

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was 9 years old when I made a crystal radio, nearly all of it from scratch. Literally. Like the diode and resisters, made from scratch. There's other stuff I made, but I don't remember even 1/10 of what I made. To tune the frequency, you used a razor blade. Though the earpiece I had to make from other parts, like from a trashed handheld radio. Very possible, very do-able.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was 9 years old when I made a crystal radio, nearly all of it from scratch. Literally. Like the diode and resisters, made from scratch. There's other stuff I made, but I don't remember even 1/10 of what I made. To tune the frequency, you used a razor blade. Though the earpiece I had to make from other parts, like from a trashed handheld radio. Very possible, very do-able.

I did too. That was around '65 or so.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi, This was a clock, in the likeness of a bomb.

No. It's just the workings of a clock in a different case. Nothing remotely like a bomb. The kid took parts of a radio and reworked it in a different case. Stuff a lot of us did when we were kids and curious about the way things work.

This stuff cannot be allowed.

Heavens, no. If we let kids tinker with radios, what might they do next? Invent computers?

The kid is so lucky to even be alive!

In Irving, you could be right. A Muslim kid tinkering with radios, is probable cause for summary execution. WFTH-I

Tjcpq.jpg

We are becoming a nation of wimps. Who would have expected the terrorists to win so completely that we are terrified by a kid's radio project?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If they thought it was a bomb, they would have evacuated the school and called in the bomb squad, they did not.

Of course they knew it wasn't a bomb. But they were play-acting "Homeland Security." Reality doesn't have much to do with DHL. It's just a way to reduce the freedoms of American Citizens.

Upvote 0