TEXAS
✟15,463.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel sooooooooooooo very very far far far from God but then i feel his persents

that he is right next to me.I Even heard him speak to me! But he feels soo far away? What to do? How do i get on fire for God again? How do i get close to him again?
HELP! PLEASE!
SOMEONE
HELP!
Thanks
God Bless

Worshipdancer2him
:( :help::confused: :help: :(

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
Answers to ponder...

God sometimes hides, to test your faith, to see if you notice He has withdrawn, to see how much you miss Him! He said to me..."Me hide! Yo seek!" :D Draw near to God and He will draw near to you and all the more as you obey what He tells you! :) God also inhabits the praises of His People, soooooooo make an inner habit of praising Him! :holy: Plus recognize even though you may not feel God's presence, He is always with you! :hug: Feelings are fickle, always changing. Faith is not a feeling.

Joshua 1:9 Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Matthew 28:20 I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.

Hebrews 13:5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Upvote 0
Jun 1, 2004
✟125.00
Faith
Protestant
There is a major disagreement over a Bible verse that your situation brings up.Jesus did say He would never leave us but we all have felt distant from God at times most likely due to the Holy Spirit leaving us.So what did Jesus mean?He could have been talking about His teachings or His monitoring of our behavior and even our words.How else would He know when to send the Holy Spirit back to us?If this theory is correct,then you might have your answer.Unless God is testing your faith by sending you through a desert experience(the removal of the Holy Spirit to check on our loyality) most likely you have been doing something to offend the Holy Spirit and that explains why you feel that God has walked away from you.If you are not aware of any major sin you've been engaging in,then searching your Bible,talking to close Christian friends and/or asking God to reveal to you your sin will be necessary in this case.Once you discover what you've been doing wrong and you've removed the problem,then it's just a question of praying and asking God to forgive you and asking Him send you a new in-filling of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like Humblebee's answer - God may "hide" to test us, to see if we miss Him and to see how hard we'll try to seek Him.

I do believe He sometimes does this, but also that our feelings can be wrong too.
We might feel distant from God even when he does not intend these things.

I also like the quote about God inhabiting the praises of His people. I usually find that when I'm feeling desolate, praising God with other people helps, even if only temporarily. Don't wait to feel like doing it - praise Him anyway.

As for the Holy Spirit withdrawing due to our offending Him - He may somewhat withdraw His power, but that is not the same as leaving completely.

He will never leave you.

How can He, the seal of your salvation, who comes alongside and lives within you, who gives you cleansing and salvation, who intercedes foryou with groans that words cannot express, how could He bring Himself to abandon the one He loves?

Don't think that He would leave you, not for a minute - He has promised "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

My advice would be:

A/
get some fellowship - someone to pray sympathetically for you, someone to gently urge you on, someone to praise with and to pore over the Bible with.

B/ as soon as you possibly can, ask God to find somone who needs you, maybe just in some small way, and there, in serving Him, is where you will find the Lord.

God bless, Susana

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: "I will never leave you or forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5)

You say: "I am afraid"
God says: "I did not give you a spirit of fear." (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I am worried and frustrated"
God says: "Cast all your cares on ME" (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: "I have given everyone a measure of faith" (Romans 12:3)

Keep your head up and just truck on through!:)

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
worshipdancer,

Let kenneth558 speak with you concerning some things.

I want to also say with HumbleBee and Banner that God does like to play "hide and seek" with His little girls (and boys)...

I don't believe that your experience is because of anything that you have done. God's promise is a promise. He is not a man that He should lie nor the son of man that He should repent (change His mind).

His love is greater than your heart. Greater than condemnation or loneliness that you might "feel".

But there is a place where you will find Him. If He goes missing in your life, you will always find Him in one place - your own heart.

He is in there. I am talking more about just a mental assent or head knowledge that "Jesus lives in my heart". He is abiding in your spirit.

Learn to quiet your mind and don't be frantic about not feeling His Presence near.

When you quieten your mind, simply lean in to Him in His Kingdom within you.

Not only will you be seeking the door to enter, but the Door will be looking for you!

And when you simply yield to the King in His Kingdom within you, you will find your Beloved waiting there. Not anxious. Not frantic. Not panicked. Just simply there.

And when you encounter Him there. Behold Him and let Him behold you as long as He desires. And when you return to this place, remind yourself of that place and the One Whom your heart desires.

You will find that He has never left you nor forsaken you. You will find that He is with you truly. You will find that He longs to show His love for you. You will "feel" Him and sense His Presence is near.

If you need help with this, PM me and I will be more than glad to help you.

He loves you deeply...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.