• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CHRISTIAN Forums would not be the place to do that (ya think...!?). Here, it is considered trolling. I think you must be looking for [the] Wrong Planet [forum]... :doh:

Everyone will have proven to them that there is a God. If you accept Him and His terms of amnesty/surrender, now, you won't have to face Him as Judge, later.

Upvote 0

MoeSzyslak

Sep 1, 2007
✟15,971.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

The only connection I can see is that people who believe that over basic scientific human neurology may be possessed by devils themselves.

Also it is not a mental illness. It is better defined as a neurological disorder or a developemental disorder.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only connection I can see is that people who believe that over basic scientific human neurology may be possessed by devils themselves.

Also it is not a mental illness. It is better defined as a neurological disorder or a developemental disorder.
I have (and cope with) AS, but (having been previously involved with deliverance) I don't consider demonization to be outside of the realm of possibility.

The line is very gray between neuropsychopathy and demonization. If deliverance could cure you from epilepsy (Mark 9:20-26), wouldn't you take it, or would you wait for a medicinal cure (perhaps to save face)?

That said, unless or until my condition is so challenged, I will just have to cope with it as being neuro-physical at its root.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoeSzyslak

Sep 1, 2007
✟15,971.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The blind was given sight, the deaf was given hearing, the dead was raised, the lame were healed so they could walk. Does that mean they were all delivered from demons also?

I don't understand why people single out certain things as demonization but other things not. Seems kind of arbitrary to me.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The blind was given sight, the deaf was given hearing, the dead was raised, the lame were healed so they could walk. Does that mean they were all delivered from demons also?

I don't understand why people single out certain things as demonization but other things not. Seems kind of arbitrary to me.
Death is pretty much a no-brainer, but sicknesses can be caused by either (or some combination of each) physical or spiritual.

Upvote 0

MoeSzyslak

Sep 1, 2007
✟15,971.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think the point I was trying to consider is that just because God healed/delivered someone from an affliction, doesn't neccessarliy mean the affliction was demonic in nature. That someone could have been delivered/healed from something physical in nature. (Man healed with the withered hand as an example). So I don't think the
deliverance/healing is a good key indicator that it was demonic in nature.

I think autism would be better defined as a genetic mutation, not a sickness. So the question is can demons cause genetic mutations?

I suppose if demons can control the environment we live in, then an indirect effect of that would be to mess with our genes. However, this does not sound like demonic possesion to me.
(or we can go down the path of aliens are actually demons and are messing with our genes or the whole nephilim instance in genesis six which could be considered a messing with our genes. But that would seriously derail the thread.)

Perhaps we have a different defintion of what 'demonic in origin' means. When I hear the phrase I immediately conjure up images of the Movie The Exorcist and that pretty much is how I define demonic in origin. Perhaps I define the term a little more narrow than you do?

I hope you don't think I am harrassing you. I respect you and I am trying to understand your viewpoint.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Demons are invasive creatures. They can gain access to our bodies, usually via [Biblically-pronounced] curses. Those curses can be the consequences of our own actions/decisions or those of our ancestors. Per Romans 6:16, demonization can also occur when we, knowingly or unknowingly, surrender ourselves to [demons].

Not all incidents of demonization manifest as [Exorcist-like] insanity. I've heard of one blind person in whom his doctors couldn't find any physical basis for his blindness. His case was resolved with deliverance. Demonization is just one possible cause when one has an infirmity, like bacteria and viruses are. And, unlike physical medications, deliverance ministry doesn't adversely affect those that don't have demons, since it is only prayer asking God to help the situation, including breaking the aforementioned curses, if present.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NowhereManNot

Mar 5, 2012
✟7,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guys I have found massive hope, for AS sufferers & we do suffer!! I think God is definitely into miracles but more often than not he does it via the mundane much less and rarely by the spectacular. The devil and 'his children' love spectacle - the faith of the christian does not need spectacle. Anyway I just wanted to say I am discovering a thing called neuroplasticity - its not new but don't for one minute think you are without hope. Look for my thread on Neuroplasticity....

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

A lot of times Jesus casts out a spirit, even with the man who was deaf and dumb. And with the woman with back problems. This doesn't mean they were demon posessed. I heard that some people got deliverance/healing from autism in a meeting in Holland with David Wagner. He was delivered from schizofrenia. I'm delivered from borderline. My husband doesn't believe and has aspergers. I don't know if it's physical (with a demonic cause or a family curse?) or demonic. Borderline in my case definitely was demonic and a result of a family curse. I do notice everytime I throw an autistic demon out of my house, all of a sudden he wants to go to church and his behaviour gets different. But on the other hand, I know someone with a sweet small autistic child and wouldn't say that he is demon posessed. It can be something physical, but cancer is also physical and still I believe it has a demonic root. But I don't know, I'm trieing to check out first, before I start to fight the devil. My husband also has dyslecsia and in Toronto some girls were healed of that and they saw angels doing something with their brains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aspieinsearch

Sep 18, 2012
✟7,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
you communicate very well for having aspergers

Kyle,you communicate well also, and I wanted to tell you that you sound very intelligent and say alot of stuff i can relate too. And AspergerChristian is great as well. Im very glad to be here and finally have some understanding people to talk to and learn from and help if i can.

Upvote 0

aspieinsearch

Sep 18, 2012
✟7,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Guys I have found massive hope, for AS sufferers & we do suffer!! I think God is definitely into miracles but more often than not he does it via the mundane much less and rarely by the spectacular. The devil and 'his children' love spectacle - the faith of the christian does not need spectacle. Anyway I just wanted to say I am discovering a thing called neuroplasticity - its not new but don't for one minute think you are without hope. Look for my thread on Neuroplasticity....

Interesting, thank you :O)

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
i am not such a fighter as you.. demon never left me.. i am thinking of becoming atheist... right now i beleive there is a jesus he just doesnt give a [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth].. got drunk last nite.. proud of it.. today i had two christians say my medicine is witch craft.. and my illnesses are demonic.. i am nothing but a curse.. so any one who feels the same way

You need different friends, kyle. I would recommend a different church, for that matter. And I mean, denomination. Your posts up to this point have been wise and sensible, as I recall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Not just any loving relationship, but a married relationship...! [Gen. 2:24]

Having AS and having been involved in deliverance ministry, we know that many conditions that are thought to be psychological or neurological prove to be, at their root, demonic.

The boy in Mark 9:17-29 would probably be diagnosed, by modern professionals, as nonverbal autistic (which is sometimes accompanied by seizures) or epileptic. Jesus didn't give him a pill or extensive behavior modification; He told the spirit to leave. In that case, and cases like it, if we sided with our professionals, we would be guilty of both idolatry (placing men above Jesus/God) and unbelief (not taking Jesus at his Word).

If you need medicine, and it helps, and the side effects are bearable, by all means take it. But none of these medicines are cures; they just help with symptom management. If you have such a condition of which you want to be cured, go to Jesus. It shouldn't really matter whether He performs a healing or a deliverance.

Someone very close to me was an alcoholic, in later years, reformed. After a certain time bingeing, she would stop drinking alcohol all together, and begin to - what they call - withdraw; and then she would have a fit. After the fit, she was fine. No deliverance service or any religious intervention other than the prayers one would normally say for someone being afflicted in some way.

If a demon left her at that point, her cat (and cats and dogs are very sensitive to an evil psychic presence) didn't associate it with her, because she used to tug at her pullover with her teeth, while her arms were thrashing around, as much as to say, 'It's all right, Mum. Don't be agitated!'

A doctor told me it was the body's way of generating heat, when it had become too cold. I have my doubts about that, but I do know that the tablet, Largactil, enabled her to withdraw without suffering a fit. This is not to say that I don't believe devils can play a role in our illnesses, but medical science should always be our first resort. I wouldn't associate it with autism or Asperger's anyway, other than as just one among all the other conditions, visited upon us via the Fall.

And I don't believe it is at all helpful for Christians to dwell on the activities of demons. It makes the humdrum tedium and stresses of the Christians day-to-day life much more dramatic and exciting, but few churches really 'have a handle' on the matter. I know the Catholic Church has performed exorcisms since the time of Christ, but the vast majority of putative cases are turned down, as being purely psychological in origin.

What we do need to bear in mind is that we are in the midst of a terrible war with the forces of darkness, of unimaginably vast and vicious dimensions. But as for regularly thinking in terms of the demons, I don't think it's helpful, but rather a hindrance, because too many people act upon their beliefs with too little understanding of the subject and can cause a lot of harm to innocent people. While to lead a devout life is more a matter of heeding Paul's words:
'... my brothers, fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable. Put into practice what you learned and received from me, both from my words and from my actions. And the God who gives us peace will be with you.'

I agree that Aspergers would be a medical condition of sorts, like any other, and as such, a result of the Fall of all mankind. All part and parcel of our fallen condition, and no cause for misery. A poster to the Guardian who had worked at NASA, said that so many of the scientists here had Aspergers, they had an in-joke among themselves, that NASA was a kind of sheltered-housing project for Aspies.

The earnestness of so many of you suggests to me that you have hearts of gold. The fact you love God would mean a lot to God. Just for an agnostic to wish to know God, means that they already do, since only He can put that desire in our hearts. How much more so when you believe in our good, loving and caring God already, while suffering such anxiety.

He will give you as much empathy as you can handle in heaven. If not, before. Who knows? There are plenty of us with empathy who can still be bad people, just as most of you, I suspect, are mostly good. We play the hands were dealt as best we can. And God's loving Providence is never derailed, though of course to always see things in the light of eternity is seldom easy, particularly when we're 'under the cosh'. Our world of time means our sufferings are very real to us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
i want sex:) but i have to agreed with the married part.. a loving relationship is hard to find.. and even if you find one sex complicates things and no gurenttee the relationshi will last.. and i personally dont want to have sex with a girl then have her break up with me.. then later on me the girl of my dreams then have to tell he i didnt wait

Yes, kyle, marriage is a matter of the closest of friendships; not, 'Well, I can't see any grass in another field that's greener at the moment, so why shouldn't I get married in the meantime.'

I expect it's very hard on a man to be deserted by his wife for another man, but it seems ten times worse, the other way round, as for many women, it's a once-in-a-life-time investment of their whole selves; plus they will usually be left with the baby/babies.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Pryvet.

It is comonly believed by NTs that Aspies lack any empathy. But the latest studies coming out of Europe actually indicate the opposite. They are saying that Aspies are so empathetic that they get overwhelmed and shut down, which then gives an appearance of not caring. Lets see if it lets me post a URL to an article:

TheStar.com | Mind & Mood | Asperger's theory does about-face

So,back to your original post. Do you really believe you are unloving? Or are you listening to what others say about you? Block all the other voices out and look real deep into your heart, you may be surprised at the answer.

My apparent lack of empathy/love has hurt the people who love me many times over. But at the end of the day, when the chickens come home to roost, it is an apparent lack of empathy.

That makes sense to me of its conflicting aspects. It is an appearance of a lack of empthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Nicodemus in the Bible was arguably a man with Asperger syndrome, and became one of Jesus's followers, even being there for him at the burial. He approached Jesus away from the crowds, had a job where rules and regulations would have been very important, couldn't understand metaphors, reached for the rule book when Jesus was being tried rather than use emotional reasoning, and at the burial he turned up with 100 times more burial herbs than he needed (opps - social gaffe). If we were filled with devils, I think Jesus would have done something about him first.

Very, very humorous, amberlight, and I'm sure well thought out; partly because it seems so well reasoned. Loved that social gaffe!

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour

A very good point, Moe.

Upvote 0