• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Has Aspergers anything to do with devils??

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
That was a (mis?)response to my post and profile, but I would have said much of the same thing.

Thank you, sabretooth. I later read the posts more closely and suspected as much.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
nah, i don't think so.

it seems that your AS has lead to may other issues in your life.

I was diagnosed with depression before but looking back i don't believe i had it. I was just suffering from AS which i didn't know about which was causing trouble in other areas of my life.

I'd say find a different job but I don't know what your situation in life is and it can be hard to just quit and find something else especially if you have bills to pay and don't possess much in marketable skills.

hopefully you can find some people you can talk to about this who will understand what you're going through and give you support and encouragement.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
my dad is a christian and also my boss. otherwise i would be fired long ago, or never get this job actually. when i fist read about AS and realised i had it, i told him, but he didn't believe it and said that i'm just a lazy and selfish swine and never care about the others hence all these problems of mine.

This is Christian Love?

Well, the point is that my AS actually makes me sin... It seems to that i don't love anyone but myself, cause it often seems i don't care about people though i never mean to hurt anyone... and i can't be a good worker anyway which is also a sin... I'm not yet baptised because i can't change my ways and bear any fruits of repentance...
And all the time i feel like i'm being controlled and don't belong to myself.. just don't have any power to do what i know is right... and sometimes I feel that what i'm going to do is defeinitely wrong and stupid, but i just don't know the right way..

This is terrible. You have bought into a lot of lies. AS does NOT make you sin. It is a part of your person, like your left elbow. Do NOT say it is a curse. God decided that you were strong enough to handle this, so He gave it to you for a reason. What YOU are supposed to do is to receive it gracefully, as a gift from God, and then ask Him to help you live through it and get stronger. Don't worry about fruits of repentance. That is a load of bumpf! If you love God and want to walk with Him, do so.

I would suggest (if possible) go to a different church. One that is not so judgemental, one that is willing to take you as you are, and challenge you to grow.

I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't get the connection to autism in this post.
Plus some people have a reaction to the fructose sugars in milk. How do you deal with that???
AVOID milk.
And all dairy products.
Recent support groups ANDI? Autism NDI mom's worldwide have been noting this in 2016, maybe 2015.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i know that autism, ADD, ADHD, bipolar are caused from a death and dumb spirit.

Forgive me, but this is a lie from the pit of hell. Autism, ADD, ADHD, bipolar, clinical depression, and so on are mental diseases, not caused by a demon, but by chemical imbalances in the brain. I suffer from clinical depression, as as long as I take my medicine, I am fine. I have other, physical problems as well, but I know that God's Holy Spirit is within me, so demons cannot enter at all.

I am appalled at anyone that would say that a person with autism or any of the other problems has a demon. That itself is a demon, causing anyone who makes such proposals to be drawn deeper and deeper into the devil's clutches. REPENT!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forgive me, but this is a lie from the pit of hell. Autism, ADD, ADHD, bipolar, clinical depression, and so on are mental diseases, not caused by a demon, but by chemical imbalances in the brain. I suffer from clinical depression, as as long as I take my medicine, I am fine. I have other, physical problems as well, but I know that God's Holy Spirit is within me, so demons cannot enter at all.

I am appalled at anyone that would say that a person with autism or any of the other problems has a demon. That itself is a demon, causing anyone who makes such proposals to be drawn deeper and deeper into the devil's clutches. REPENT!
I accept my Aspergers as being from God, but you have to look at the question from a different perspective.

In Mark 9:25, our Jesus identified and rebuked a "deaf and dumb" spirit (confirming their existence).* If such is encountered today, it would certainly be labelled as low-functioning autism.

That isn't to say that ALL autistics have D&D spirits, but we need to recognize that those who ARE so demonized could easily hide in our midst.

*To reject that possible diagnosis is to call Jesus a liar... (Let that sink in for a second before giving a knee-jerk response.)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In any case, everywhere that Jesus sent the disciples (BEFORE they were called apostles)
they cast out demons simply with a word,
and healed all who were sick (who came to them; or who they were sent to).
Many healers today are honestly doing well,
but are not allowed to advertise or publicize
due to , of all things, the big pharma, the fda, and the ama ....

Keep seeking, because the results are very significant.
Don't be taken in by fakers/ actors/ liars / greedy businesses.
Use wisdom in seeking,
and find people who have good testimonies THEMSELVES who have been healed, or their close family you can meet in person. It may take a while,
but YHWH(GOD) always answers prayer with hope, encouragement, peace, joy and righteousness by HIS OWN FULLNESS and FAITHFULNESS OF Y'SHUA (Jesus) ....

And if the hope is not fulfilled in this life, it is still perfectly fulfilled as YHWH PLANS, in the life to come. (no excuse, just realize the world is so fallen, what is right is illegal at all levels, and often not sought nor accepted in churchs even).

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I accept my Aspergers as being from God, but you have to look at the question from a different perspective.

In Mark 9:25, our Jesus identified and rebuked a "deaf and dumb" spirit (confirming their existence).* If such is encountered today, it would certainly be labelled as low-functioning autism.

That isn't to say that ALL autistics have D&D spirits, but we need to recognize that those who ARE so demonized could easily hide in our midst.

*To reject that possible diagnosis is to call Jesus a liar... (Let that sink in for a second before giving a knee-jerk response.)

I biblical times virtually all diseases and disorders were regarded as either demonic or the result of a curse. They were wrong.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I biblical times virtually all diseases and disorders were regarded as either demonic or the result of a curse.
Not true. They had doctors, like Luke, for example. (Many who Jesus healed or delivered had seen their doctor first.)

Upvote 0