Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Green tea only tastes bad if you try to prepare it the same as black tea. If you use boiling water it's horrible, you need about 80*C then it's lovely :)

interesting, because the green tea here is boiling hot and tastes amazing. I could down Afghan sheen chai by the gallon.

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I drink all my coffee and tea with milk or cream, and I prefer a smidge of sugar. We were in South Africa, and we were offered Rooibos. We declined cream and sugar to drink it plain and they were speechless. I guess they always drink it that way there? I drink rooibos daily now, I love it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

-Kyriaki-

seeking answers in stillness
Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
interesting, because the green tea here is boiling hot and tastes amazing. I could down Afghan sheen chai by the gallon.

Afghan tea isn't what most people know of as green tea, which is chinese/japanese. Afghan tea is amaaazing though!

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am of country Australian heritage, which is culturally British with its own quirks, and as a result drink gallons of tea and can't remember when I wasn't allowed to drink real tea, although I'm sure it was true. We had tea sets as kids, proper china ones, for us and our dolls :) Every time people are around us and there's a lull, someone says 'would anyone else like a cuppa [tea]?'

I drink black with milk and one and a half teaspoons of sugar, Mum drinks hers black, Dad has milk but no sugar (but only because he's decided to be healthy in the last year or so, he used to drink his like mine), my sister drinks hers even sweeter than me but with less milk. And she prefers a really high quality vanilla & black tea that we get from a fancy tea place, while I like a bit of everything but my standard cuppa is black tea from the daintree rainforests in northern australia...yum.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
In my part of the US, the tea is "Sweet Tea," which is on ice, of course. I can't give you the full effect of this without actually pronouncing the words "sweet tea" in my southern drawl. But the "ee" sound in "sweet" and "tea" is about halfway between the normal "ee" you would pronounce and a "long a" sound. Sort of like putting an S on the front of the word "wait." Go ahead and try it. ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Afghan tea isn't what most people know of as green tea, which is chinese/japanese. Afghan tea is amaaazing though!

yeah it's an Indian/Chinese blend, and they make it scalding hot with enough sugar in it to sugar rush a tranq darted rhino. I dunno why it is so amazing, but it is.

Upvote 0

-Kyriaki-

Sep 30, 2002
South Australia
Visit site
✟23,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Haha, I don't know either, but it's awesome.

Anhelyna, you had SPOONS? We only had a little china one in the sugar bowl. I'm jealous! My best one had fluted edges and roses on it. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 12 or 13 and too old for it, but he meant well, and I've put it away for my children :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
well - someone got all my toys - and it wasn't me.

My Stepmother 'disposed' of a huge amount of things without asking me if I wanted them - the tea set , my favourite doll - German I think - a porcelain head and a kid body - beautifully articulated - she was fully clothed and was in a swinging cradle :(

Ah well - those times have long gone

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Does anybody else put cream and sugar in their tea?I love it that way.

I don't like cream or milk in tea. I drink it with a 1/2 pkg of splenda for a little sweetness. I generally prefer black teas over green, but drink both.

Mary

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mary, consider Rooibos! It's slightly sweet on its own. And if you like it sweetened, stevia can do a good job while still being a "natural" substance.

I'm also familiar with "swait taiy". On crushed ice, please. Mmmmmmm.

Upvote 0