slamjam72

Jan 3, 2010
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 6: 5-6

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them. ”

The Bible says God regretted creating man and it confuses me a bit because He is the Alpha & Omega and He is omniscient and knows the end from the beginning.

So why would God regret creating humans? Because He already knew man will reject Him and humans will be wicked.

I just need some explanation about this verse.

Thanks,

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them. ”

The Bible says God regretted creating man and it confuses me a bit because He is the Alpha & Omega and He is omniscient and knows the end from the beginning.

So why would God regret creating humans? Because He already knew man will reject Him and humans will be wicked.

Thanks,

If you were a Parent , you would hope that your precious child whom you love to the utmost , would willfully return love back to you . Its the same with our Heavenly Father. Back then as well as now, People are lovers of themselves only caring about thier self interests , they make excuses for rejecting God , and dont want anyone higher than SELF to own them ... much less be morally responsible to God. So to accomplish that, they pretend a personal theistic Creator isnt required and that 'natural causes' , by accidents and time gave us everything for no reason, no purpose, and man is nothing but a freakish accident from dead chemicals burping into existence a one celled pond protozoa which magically grew into an undignified Human Being .

God will show his wrath against wicked mankind, only this time it wont be by flooding the earth...it will be by fire . If you are a Christian, you have nothing at all to worry about for God will not let you perish.

Upvote 0

laurent

Apr 2, 2012
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks,
Personally i think God know everything but that not everything about ourself and our future is knowable even to God because like you said it would imply that he known that we will be wicked and who is gonna go to hell and who dont
I think he know all ours ways but he don't know which one we will choose,
he know very well the human race and the devil so he know basically the future and how it will end, but he do not know the very detailed course of the future
(Thats just my opinion :sorry:)

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The Hebrew verb nakham has a double meaning; regret and consolation.

Therefore it is possible what is meant in Genesis 6: 5-6...
God is "consoled" by making humans as God did, for (eventually) humans will be placed in the earth," i.e., humans are mortal and subject to burial. Thus each generation, no matter how evil it is, will die out and be followed by a new generation.
So there is always hope that future generations will improve things.
Indeed, history proves that evil empires and institutions do not last forever...

I do note that even though God was grieved by mankind's evil (in Genesis 6) he did
find someone "righteous" -Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thanks,

Just one interpretation.

We are case in the image of God. God has emotions too. After creating the earth, the sun and the moon, plants, birds, and animals. God created an expression of himself, which is the human race. He spent time with Adam, and met his needs, including creating a help mate for him. He gave Adam dominion over the world he created and told him to be fruitful. We know what happens after that.

Sin entered the world, first by disobedience, which later turned to murder when Cain got jealous of Abel. It became a downward spiral, and God watches his wonderful creation turn upside down, "every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.".

Can you blame God being heart broken for what he saw and feeling the way he did?

Good news for us though, Noah found favor in God's eyes. =)

Upvote 0