Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thruough my mom. God said thru her to lean on His promises and when I get distressed I go a pray. If I feel anxiety in my heart I go to the foot of the cross and pour out my heart. I was taking and still do but nowhere near as much as I was last yr, I was taking benzo's. And a revelation came to me saying. You know that feeling you get when you pop that pill and can rest that your anxiety will go away. I am that pill. And it fianlly dawned on me. Yes I believe that God could hold my burden and worries because He cares for me. I may still need to take some meds but it's a better deal then the path I was on last yr.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Praise God. Since you have the Holy Spirit living within you, you know that He is greater than this anxiety disorder. He wants you to experience His perfect peace, that surpasses all understanding; we can receive that when we cast all of our cares on Him.

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God

Upvote 0

revrod

Sep 25, 2012
Carthage, IL
✟7,795.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thruough my mom. God said thru her to lean on His promises and when I get distressed I go a pray. If I feel anxiety in my heart I go to the foot of the cross and pour out my heart. I was taking and still do but nowhere near as much as I was last yr, I was taking benzo's. And a revelation came to me saying. You know that feeling you get when you pop that pill and can rest that your anxiety will go away. I am that pill. And it fianlly dawned on me. Yes I believe that God could hold my burden and worries because He cares for me. I may still need to take some meds but it's a better deal then the path I was on last yr.

That is awesome. If you want to do this, I use this exercise with people when I talk to them about their cares, anxieties and worries. You mentioned taking things to the foot of the cross. How about doing so literally? I worked with a lady on this one time and it helped her tremendously. Take 3x5 cards or post its or anything really and write down each thing that comes to mind that causes you anxiety, stress and worry. When you are complete (it doesn't matter how small or big the stack of things is either - be honest), move yourself to the foot of the cross (if you have some place of prayer or whatever or an actual cross hanging or something) and place a small empty trash can at the foot of the cross. Look at each card or paper one at a time and pray about it and IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN tear it up and throw it in the trash at the foot of the cross. See yourself truly releasing things. Don't force it. This can take more than one time. There is something that takes place when we practically apply God's Word and directive.

God bless you!!!!

Upvote 0