• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anyone tried fasting and praying for freedom from this?

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe in medication. The meds I'm trying aren't really working. Gonna talk to my GP tommorow for stronger meds possibly.

It's my day off and I'm still struggling with self harm thoughts, anxiety and depression. I feel bad bc I have no reasony to feel this way. My kids are safe and with me. I'm no longer being evicted, my selfish family is gone but I'm still feeling these feelingsyou heaviness and having intense intrusive images.

Fasting is my last resort to dealing with this. I hope God helps me. I have my doubts. I hope he doesn't let me fall/die.
I just don't know why I'm dealing with this or going through this... this doesn't feel like me.

Tips for fasting and praying conc3rning this is welcomed.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pray that the Holy spirit reveals to you what is the problem, if its an spiritual issue identifying the problem is key, because if you don-t know you can-t be sure for what to pray. Sometimes is not enough saying 'God i have self harm thoughts, take them away' is better to understand why you have those thoughts, and then if the Holy spirit reveals what is the problem, is almost victory, you next pray for the problem to go.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in medication. The meds I'm trying aren't really working. Gonna talk to my GP tommorow for stronger meds possibly.

It's my day off and I'm still struggling with self harm thoughts, anxiety and depression. I feel bad bc I have no reasony to feel this way. My kids are safe and with me. I'm no longer being evicted, my selfish family is gone but I'm still feeling these feelingsyou heaviness and having intense intrusive images.

Fasting is my last resort to dealing with this. I hope God helps me. I have my doubts. I hope he doesn't let me fall/die.
I just don't know why I'm dealing with this or going through this... this doesn't feel like me.

Tips for fasting and praying conc3rning this is welcomed.

Good idea also is to ask the leaders of your church to pray with you.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pray that the Holy spirit reveals to you what is the problem, if its an spiritual issue identifying the problem is key, because if you don-t know you can-t be sure for what to pray. Sometimes is not enough saying 'God i have self harm thoughts, take them away' is better to understand why you have those thoughts, and then if the Holy spirit reveals what is the problem, is almost victory, you next pray for the problem to go.
I'm gonna ask him to reveal. I've been slack but I need to fast. I was okay for a few days but I also have nightmares and a nightmare I had triggered my self harm intrusive thoughts uhg... so I'm gonna pray b c I don't know if I need deliverance or medication but I'm willing to do both bc im not leaving my kids. I'll try not to give up.

Also would you all pray for me please. I have work and I'm struggling with SH thoughts. And there was a recent shooting at my apt. I'm going to pray as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm gonna ask him to reveal. I've been slack but I need to fast. I was okay for a few days but I also have nightmares and a nightmare I had triggered my self harm intrusive thoughts uhg... so I'm gonna pray b c I don't know if I need deliverance or medication but I'm willing to do both bc im not leaving my kids. I'll try not to give up.

Also would you all pray for me please. I have work and I'm struggling with SH thoughts. And there was a recent shooting at my apt. I'm going to pray as well.

Are you in loving fellowship?

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you in loving fellowship?
You mean a church home? I go to one but I bounce around to churches but I'm thinking of making that one my church home bc the girl I met she's actually coming to my home to do Bible study with me which is v3ry sweet and shows passion and care. Not alot of churches are like that.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What you describe sounds like the spirit of death or terminus. Both insight yearnings for death and self-harm. Here's a brief explanation. Follow these steps and you should get relief. Do them in order.

His book is free. Begin there to ground and settle your thoughts.

Watch and pray through these sessions. Make sure you're fasting. You don't have to do them all at once. Make sure the first two are done on the same day and work through the others. You'll feel lighter as you break things off.

1. Uprooting the Evil Altar of Your Fathers House
2. Uprooting the Evil Altar of Your Mother's House
3. Overthrowing the Evil Altar of Marine or Water Spirits
4. Silencing Evil Winds
5. Destroying the Evil Altar of Infirmity
6. Uprooting the Evil Altar of Delay
7. Silencing the Python Spirit Over Your Finances

You'll need to go outside and get some dirt for the following prayers. Put some in a Ziploc bag and keep it on hand. If it's moist lay it out on a newspaper or paper towel and let it dry. These should be done after the others. You must address the hindrances beforehand. Don't be daunted by the list. It's more involved because I'm including other things you've wrestled with.

1. Release Prosperity Now
2. Supernatural Favor
3. Bring Forth Destiny Helpers
4. Swallow Unemployment
5. Prayers for Your Workplace
6. Prayers for Your Children

Scriptural Support

“Now when the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, it roams through waterless (dry, arid) places in search of rest, but it does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, and put in order.

It is imperative that you maintain a practice of relinquishing negativity and unclean spirits with the requisite digestion of holiness and the Lord's presence. You must fill that space with Him. This is accomplished through prayer, fasting, righteousness, worship and fellowship.

Create an environment that's not hospitable to the evil one. Play worship music in the background or the bible. You can find audio versions on YouTube. Subscribe to Soakstream and let it bathe you and your children while you rest. You'll notice a difference.

Say this upon waking: I cancel all evil assignments against me and my children while sleeping and return them to their sender in Jesus name. Ask the Lord for protection while you rest and to dispatch ministering spirits to watch over you and your home. And ask Him to instruct you in the dream time for the day ahead.

The most effect time for prayer is between 12-3 AM. This is when most activity takes place. Don't ignore the dreams. Keep a notebook nearby and write them down. Pray against all evil intrusions. This is the period of ember months which begins at the Winter Solstice (usually December 21st) and ends on Spring (March 19th). Ember months often bring heightened challenges because the spiritual activity increases. Pastor Madeuke has a free resource you may pray through during this season.

Don't be alarmed that I placed your children last. If you follow the order you'll tackle most impediments that affect them adversely. What follows are proclamations and additional coverings. The prayer marathons are posted weekly. If you make a habit of doing them upon finishing the others you'll see immense change in yourself and your circumstances.

You may supplement my suggestions with the following titles. These should be used in addition to the above. Not instead of it.

91 Day Decrees to Take Over the Year
Prayers for Protection
100 Day Prayers to Wake Up Your Lazarus

God Bless you.

~bella

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have experience in my life with deliverance and -mental health- i mean i am not a minister or something, but i was delivered of several sufferings, including ocd like intrusive thoughts, most christians i think ignore we can have spiritual issues.

If you could find help from a pastor or minister....

Take care, God loves us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you describe sounds like the spirit of death or terminus. Both insight yearnings for death and self-harm. Here's a brief explanation. Follow these steps and you should get relief. Do them in order.

Watch and pray through these sessions. Make sure you're fasting. You don't have to do them all at once. Make sure the first two are done on the same day and work through the others. You'll feel lighter as you break things off.

4. Silencing Evil Winds

You'll need to go outside and get some dirt for the following prayers. Put some in a Ziploc bag and keep it on hand. If it's moist lay it out on a newspaper or paper towel and let it dry. These should be done after the others. You must address the hindrances beforehand. Don't be daunted by the list. It's more involved because I'm including other things you've wrestled with.

2. Supernatural Favor
4. Swallow Unemployment

Scriptural Support

“Now when the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, it roams through waterless (dry, arid) places in search of rest, but it does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, and put in order.

It is imperative that you maintain a practice of relinquishing negativity and unclean spirits with the requisite digestion of holiness and the Lord's presence. You must fill that space with Him. This is accomplished through prayer, fasting, righteousness, worship and fellowship.

Create an environment that's not hospitable to the evil one. Play worship music in the background or the bible. You can find audio versions on YouTube. Subscribe to Soakstream and let it bathe you and your children while you rest. You'll notice a difference.

Say this upon waking: I cancel all evil assignments against me and my children while sleeping and return them to their sender in Jesus name. Ask the Lord for protection while you rest and to dispatch ministering spirits to watch over you and your home. And ask Him to instruct you in the dream time for the day ahead.

The most effect time for prayer is between 12-3 AM. This is when most activity takes place. Don't ignore the dreams. Keep a notebook nearby and write them down. Pray against all evil intrusions. This is the period of ember months which begins at the Winter Solstice (usually December 21st) and ends on Spring (March 19th). Ember months often bring heightened challenges because the spiritual activity increases. Pastor Madeuke has a free resource you may pray through during this season.

Don't be alarmed that I placed your children last. If you follow the order you'll tackle most impediments that affect them adversely. What follows are proclamations and additional coverings. The prayer marathons are posted weekly. If you make a habit of doing them upon finishing the others you'll see immense change in yourself and your circumstances.

You may supplement my suggestions with the following titles. These should be used in addition to the above. Not instead of it.

Prayers for Protection

God Bless you.

~bella
Spirit of death sounds super scary. I hope not. Also why do I need dirt? I'm gonna pray to God abou5 this also I've had a good few days.. and felt okay.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

4. Silencing Evil Winds

2. Supernatural Favor
4. Swallow Unemployment

Scriptural Support

Prayers for Protection

God Bless you.

~bella
This post definitely has me worried. I definitely don't want to succumb to 2hatever I'm dealing with. I just don't know why I'm struggling with it and why now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This post definitely has me worried. I definitely don't want to succumb to 2hatever I'm dealing with. I just don't know why I'm struggling with it and why now.
No need to be worried once you have trusted Jesus as your Savior and Lord. Consider Who it is that is leading and carrying you - and what you can count on now and in the future:

Psalm 23 NKJV

"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever."

"For His name sake" - He leads you for HIS purposes and has AUTHORITY over the enemy who attacks you with intrusive thoughts.

"I will fear no evil for You are with me" - He never leaves you nor forsakes you, no matter how severe the temptations to self-hate or self-harm. Recognize where the thoughts come from - the enemy - and that you won't be his plaything because "we are not ignorant of his schemes."

"Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" - when intrusive thoughts come, rebuke them by visualizing Jesus beating your enemy off with His rod! You'd be amazed at how well this works.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies" - if you practice standing on his Word you will eventually find that you can brush off intrusive thoughts like flicking a fly off your shoulder. You'll even laugh at the pathetic attempt.

"You annoint my head with oil" - He fills your heart with gladness every time you successfully resist. And you will experience more and more joy the further you put it behind you.

"My cup runs over" - in David's time it was the custom to fill the guest's cup as long as they were welcome to stay. This implies that His children are permanently welcome - no matter what they are struggling with. The enemy tries to convince us that we have to be perfect before coming into His presence - it is a lie!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

THIS is His promise to all who overcome the world. Stand firm in this truth! If you are His, you SHALL overcome - because He already has.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Your Op mentions self-harm, anxiety and depression. You were given a source that addressed the spiritual influences for those conditions in addition to those you've noted elsewhere on the site. It is up to you to decide if you'll explore them or opt for a different approach. It was done in a spirit of charity and genuine wish for your healing and well-being.

The dirt accompanies the prayers related to the earth. The recommendations are layered and meant to combat internal, external, environmental and situational challenges. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it continues.

~bella

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your Op mentions self-harm, anxiety and depression. You were given a source that addressed the spiritual influences for those conditions in addition to those you've noted elsewhere on the site. It is up to you to decide if you'll explore them or opt for a different approach. It was done in a spirit of charity and genuine wish for your healing and well-being.

The dirt accompanies the prayers related to the earth. The recommendations are layered and meant to combat internal, external, environmental and situational challenges. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it continues.

~bella
Thank you for your help. I'll try and check them out when I can

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No need to be worried once you have trusted Jesus as your Savior and Lord. Consider Who it is that is leading and carrying you - and what you can count on now and in the future:

Psalm 23 NKJV

"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever."

"For His name sake" - He leads you for HIS purposes and has AUTHORITY over the enemy who attacks you with intrusive thoughts.

"I will fear no evil for You are with me" - He never leaves you nor forsakes you, no matter how severe the temptations to self-hate or self-harm. Recognize where the thoughts come from - the enemy - and that you won't be his plaything because "we are not ignorant of his schemes."

"Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me" - when intrusive thoughts come, rebuke them by visualizing Jesus beating your enemy off with His rod! You'd be amazed at how well this works.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies" - if you practice standing on his Word you will eventually find that you can brush off intrusive thoughts like flicking a fly off your shoulder. You'll even laugh at the pathetic attempt.

"You annoint my head with oil" - He fills your heart with gladness every time you successfully resist. And you will experience more and more joy the further you put it behind you.

"My cup runs over" - in David's time it was the custom to fill the guest's cup as long as they were welcome to stay. This implies that His children are permanently welcome - no matter what they are struggling with. The enemy tries to convince us that we have to be perfect before coming into His presence - it is a lie!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

THIS is His promise to all who overcome the world. Stand firm in this truth! If you are His, you SHALL overcome - because He already has.

God bless.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have experience in my life with deliverance and -mental health- i mean i am not a minister or something, but i was delivered of several sufferings, including ocd like intrusive thoughts, most christians i think ignore we can have spiritual issues.

If you could find help from a pastor or minister....

Take care, God loves us.
What was the root cause of your ocd and intrusive thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was the root cause of your ocd and intrusive thoughts?

Evil spirit. When that thing went away i never had those hammering intrusive thoughts again.
You can't get help from some minister?
Going to a church where the presence of God is, can help a lot, the presence of God, lift us, and where He is there is freedom it says, you could also get help from some pastor or something, if you are from usa, some other use posted Vineyard churches and Assemblies of God deal with 'mental illneses' i can't know for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0