Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sawdust said:
Well, you've lost me. :scratch:

The reason why. Is because he distorted what I intended. And, then accused me of not being able to defend the distortion. You will feel lost if you think that was a reasonable response to what I was saying.

I said.....

No one wants to die for doing wrong. Do they? And, for reasons known to God, at times he will over ride the will of men. But, for the most part, God allows men to exercize their free will. Why? There could be no final judgement if men's wills were always being co-erced! That's why! That! Is common sense.

That does not make God sadistic.

How could God judge sadists if they are never allowed to discover what it is that they lust for in their hearts?

Besides, God must allow the sadists at times to have their way, so that the fallen angels can see what it is they themselves have been condemned for. When someone with a sadistic streak gets saved? And, accepts forgiveness? The accusations that demons throw at this person of how unworthy he is for thinking he can be forgiven, is like putting a noose around their own necks! As they judge, so shall they be judged! For they do the very thing that they condemn in the forgiven believer!

God is using the sins and evils of believers to get the condemned angels to condemn themselves when they see a believer with a weakness that he accepts in peace, total forgiveness for.

It just drives them nuts! They accuse and condemn the one walking in God's forgiveness, like crazy!

God simply laughs as he sees these demons (and also, Satan who accused us before God, day and night) admitting that they deserve the judgement he had given them. For they are condemning themselves by what they condemn in believers!

What they condemn in the person? Has been crucified with Christ on the Cross. Yet, God sovereignly allows for evil and sin to be made manifest at times, so his enemies can be made into his footstool.

In the end, it will be their own words that will reveal God's sentencing them to the Lake of Fire was absolutely correct. For they are now admitting that they agree with God's condemnation by judging believers who have a moment of weakness, or a known weakness of the past.

That is why in God's plan we were born sinners. Remain in a body of sin after salvation... and will only be completely freed from the potential to sin after we leave these bodies.

Until then, God uses our moments when we sin and evils to get his enemies to admit to their own deserving of condemnation by condemning in us, what they actually are.

When a believer understands that all his sins are freely foriven by God, when he freely admits to his sin? This gears up the demons who can't stand to see a sinner walking in trust and peace in God. It drives them nuts! :mad: :priest: :mad:

1 John 1:9 (Amplified Bible)
"If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action]."

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
sawdust said:
To cause something is to be the originator of something. To say God allowed me to sin is not the same as saying He caused me to sin.

Let me ask the question again. Did my sin originate with God?

peace

There are several ways of viewing causation ...........

If I place a joint of meat outside in daylight and three days later I notice it is rotten , did I cause it to be rotten , or did the sun cause it to be rotten ?

The answer is BOTH!!!

God is the Ultimate cause of all things

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. (KJV)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (KJV)

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (KJV)

Man is the proximate cause .

and , we would think someone foolish who blamed the sun for the rotting meat and not me.

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Left the river, made it to the sea
Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
genez said:
The reason why. Is because he distorted what I intended. And, then accused me of not being able to defend the distortion. You will feel lost if you think that was a reasonable response to what I was saying.

I said.....

That does not make God sadistic.

How could God judge sadists if they are never allowed to discover what it is that they lust for in their hearts?

You are making God into a sadist with this theology of God allowing some free will choices simply so He can condemn others. You make it sound like if God doesn't allow evil people to exist and do bad things He will have no joy in judging said sadists.

What does the Gospel of John have to say about that:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I guess Jesus is working against God too and taking away his jollies ;)

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
stumpjumper said:
You are making God into a sadist with this theology of God allowing some free will choices simply so He can condemn others. You make it sound like if God doesn't allow evil people to exist and do bad things He will have no joy in judging said sadists.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

No, that is NOT what he is saying. The condemnation of these evil's were brought about through there own free will, .......they have condemned themselves! God uses these sins and evils as an example to others, showing that in forgiveness by God, all is possible! This is what ticks the fallen angels off. This is the kicker to them, when they see us lowly humans confessing our sins, AND being forgiven!, they cringe, and say, "Oh no, we are in trouble". In all respects they see the mercy and the justice of God prevail. All comes full circle so to say. God is perfect, His plan is perfect!

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
stumpjumper said:

Hypocrisy noted. I said nothing about taking joy in judging sadists. It is you that keep transforming God into a sadist by your adding to what I keep saying.

I said, that if God did not alllow for free will, he would have nothing he can judge. For all judgement is based upon what we decide in our hearts. If we were never allowed to act upon what we have in our heart, we would be oblivious to doing any wrong. For we learn what is wrong by example.

Jollies? Again, its you that make God out to be the sadist. This sort of thing you are doing to me is the very means by which God exposes the hypocrisy of fallen angels, by the way. Now you see how it works! ;)

Grace and truth, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
linssue55 said:
No, that is NOT what he is saying. The condemnation of these evil's were brought about through there own free will, .......they have condemned themselves! God uses these sins and evils as an example to others, showing that in forgiveness by God, all is possible! This is what ticks the fallen angels off. This is the kicker to them, when they see us lowly humans confessing our sins, AND being forgiven!, they cringe, and say, "Oh no, we are in trouble". In all respects they see the mercy and the justice of God prevail. All comes full circle so to say. God is perfect, His plan is perfect!

Thank you for that!

Another point. Jesus did not come to condemn the world. It was already condemned by God. He came to offer the solution to those who are surrounded by that condemnation. When men in their free will are allowed to act upon what's in their hearts by doing sin and evil, these actions are used as evidence to show there was a definite need for Jesus dying on the Cross in their place. If God did not allow for the expression of sin? Then men would ask, "What did Jesus die for?" Men could not know they were sinners!

The other problem that calvanists face (as well as all of us who desire to understand the Bible) is that those who do not believe are not condemned for not believing. It states that they do not believe because they are already condemned!

Why is that? Already condemned? When we believe in Christ it is because we have already passed the test of the Father's drawing of all men. Those who resist the drawing are condemned on the basis of having resisted the Holy Spirit's work in the drawing of the Father. Here, let me explain.

John 3:18 (New International Version)
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Not believing in Jesus Christ reveals that this person stood as being condemneed by God before being presented the Gospel. Not because they reject the Gospel.

All quoted from John 6, niv.....

37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Believing in Jesus Christ is a result of the Father having completed his work in the heart of a man. It is not a next stage to see if a person will believe. It is because they already are enabled to believe and had accepted what the criterion of God is for salvation.

God does not make us believe, as calvinists profess. He enables us to believe, and then we must choose to either accept God, or reject God's essence in his drawing of us. That is why some are already condemned. For they were made able to believe and chose to reject it. If we accept who and what God is in his essence as he draws us (totally unaware that it is God doing this) then the Father hands us over to Christ as a gift to Him. The invisible one drawing us becomes manifested in time and space through means of God being manifested as Christ.

43"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. "

Many of these Jews were following after Jesus because he was drawing great attention to himself by his miracles and words spoken with absolute authority. These Jews were conditioned by the religious leaders in seeking salvation by doing works. These Jews were trying to find out what works Jesus would have them to do. When Jesus slammed them by saying they must eat his flesh and drink his blood, that just threw them off a cliff!!! They could not do this work! For they were taking him literally. Literally, because they were not spiritually alive.

That is why Jesus said that the Father must do the work in drawing a man to come to the point of being saved. Its not by works (a system of gaining God's approbation devised by religious men), but we are saved by believing in Jesus Christ. Our belief indicates that the Father suceeded in drawing another to Himself.

Yet, no man can have anything to do with God in his fallen state. Man is totally depraved. And, add to that. God can not look upon sin. Yet, God saw Jesus as having been already slain before the foundations of the world, so God was free to contact men with their sins filtered out of the equation. Man could not see this. God did.

If our soul is a slave to the flesh's dominance over our soul? How could any man get saved? Impossible! That, is. If left as we are!

65He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

Grace is what we are saved by. Through faith.... We are not saved by faith, through grace.......

Grace is God giving power which allows us who are yet in a body of corruption, to walk when controlled by the Spirit, as if we have no sin.

Grace enables us to be more as God wants us to be while the grace is operational. Grace is God's over riding power given to men which opens the eyes and removes the blindness caused by depravity of the flesh... but, only while grace is present. Grace is given to have the soul be free from being enslaved by the flesh. Grace is what gives enabling to men who are otherwise totaly depraved when left to their own abilities.

God draws all men.

Titus 2:11-12 (New International Version)
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age."

To draw all men, God must enable men's souls to make decisions concerning "this thing" that is making itself known subconciously (and subtly) to them. They do not yet know it is God.

Grace is applied at those moments (sovereignty of God does this while we are yet unsaved sinners) and God reveals supernaturally things to men that touch upon his essence. Men are not aware of what is going on consciously. When it happens they may be mystified at times, and even wonder as to how they can have such an experience such as da ja vous (God revealing his omniscience) or, having a thought on how creation with all its design and order could not just have happened by chance.... those are a few examples.

Men while drawn do not know this to be God yet. They only realize that some thing is beyond them, its something supernatural that they are being drawn to. That, what they see with their eyes is not all there is to know. God draws in ways we can not know. I am only citing a few more obvious things I can think of which do happen to many.

God draws men along by grace. It is not irresistble grace as calvinists claim.

Acts 7:51 niv
"You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!"

That being said, when God administers his drawing in the power of giving men grace, its effect is to separate the soul from the undue influence of the flesh which can not normally be resisted.

When freed up by grace from the flesh's dominance, what the soul now decides is another matter. Since the soul is not being controlled by the flesh as God draws men along, it can not be called "sin" by what men think when they reject. This rejection comes free of the sin nature's influence.

It (rejection of God) is thinking that the soul alone has devised in order to counter the essence of God. This is what is called "evil." Evil and sin are not the same things. Jesus died for our sins. He did not pay for evil. Evil is lying against the truth. This is what Satan from the beginning did from his perfect state. He was not created a sinner. He chose from his perfection to reject God. That was not sin. That was evil!

So? If God draws a man, and the man keeps rejecting the essence of God through the fabrication of lies and rationalizations as to counter the truth?

There comes a point when God stops his drawing process. God then condemns the man. This man will never receive the grace to see Christ as he is. Those who do not believe, are therfore ALREADY condemned! They are not condemned for not believing in Christ. They already were condemned. And, as a result. Unable to believe in Christ. For belief in Christ is a present (reward)... a gift from God! :)

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

We believe in Christ because we have already passed the test of the Father in drawing us. During that drawing period the entire issue is our volition!

God performs this drawing in such an invisible and subtle way that we are set at liberty to feel free to accept or reject what is going on. Men who choose evil, rationalize away this drawing all the time. They fabricate lies in order to explain away the supernatural, as well to deny the natural order of things God has established.

God can not draw these men to completeness. Therefore, they are never given to Christ as a gift from the Father to the Son. They become like their father Satan who is the father of all lies against the truth. That is why they share in Satan's destiny. "Like father, like son."

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
genez said:
Hypocrisy noted. I said nothing about taking joy in judging sadists. It is you that keep transforming God into a sadist by your adding to what I keep saying.

I said, that if God did not alllow for free will, he would have nothing he can judge. For all judgement is based upon what we decide in our hearts. If we were never allowed to act upon what we have in our heart, we would be oblivious to doing any wrong. For we learn what is wrong by example.

We all are judged, though. I have never heard of any Christian theology that states that we have free will so that God can judge us. We have free will because we are created in the image of God and because for love to be real and authentic it must be free. This is what it means to be a free, subjective being.

I just am not following your reasoning behind why we have free will...

Jollies? Again, its you that make God out to be the sadist. This sort of thing you are doing to me is the very means by which God exposes the hypocrisy of fallen angels, by the way. Now you see how it works! ;)

Grace and truth, GeneZ

Do you really believe that the reason that we have free will and can make our own decisions in to expose fallen angels and so that we can be judged?

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
genez said:
The other problem that calvanists face (as well as all of us who desire to understand the Bible) is that those who do not believe are not condemned for not believing. It states that they do not believe because they are already condemned!

Why is that? Already condemned? When we believe in Christ it is because we have already passed the test of the Father's drawing of all men. Those who resist the drawing are condemned on the basis of having resisted the Holy Spirit's work in the drawing of the Father. Here, let me explain.

John 3:18 (New International Version)
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Not believing in Jesus Christ reveals that this person stood as being condemneed by God before being presented the Gospel. Not because they reject the Gospel.

Karl Barth would disagree with your above exegesis. First we are not already condemned as we exist inside a covenant of grace. This is the Noachic covenant:

“Never again will I doom the earth because of man, since the desires of man’s heart are evil from the start, nor will I ever again strike down all living things as I have done.” (Genesis 8:21).

All of God's covenants are entered into and fulfilled by God and they build upon each other as Abraham was covenanted out of the Noachic covenant.

John 3 , however, specifically states that ‘he that believeth not is condemned already.” These people that believeth not are not outside of the reach of God’s love are still within the world which is embraced in the grace and love of God. We should consider this passage then as applying to what happens to those who are within this world and believe in and have faith in God as a Reconciler. The message of Jesus Christ was redemption and salvation not condemnation and destruction and it those who recognize this that walk in the light and recognize the inner light that lighteth every person.

This is how Karl Barth exegeted John 3 in his Doctrine of Reconciliation:

“When he denies this light, when he is therefore in the darkness, when he does not know God, he excludes himself from the sphere of this promise. When he is lost as a creature, how can he participate in eternal life? If he breaks the covenant, he is lost as a creature, the promise of the covenant cannot hold good for him. But the divine loving in the form of the sending of the Son is the confirmation of the will of God not to acquiesce in this but to cause man to have eternal life which he has forfeited with his right to exist as a creature. It is His will not merely to rescue, but to save. He not only wills the creature to continue, but to continue in eternal fellowship with Himself. And He does not allow Himself to be foiled even in this far-reaching purpose for man by the opposition of man.” (Barth p.87)

We should view John 3 in light of 2 Corinthians 5 verses 11-21 and the doctrine of reconciliation.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
genez said:
Thank you for that!

Grace and peace, GeneZ
Exactly! Very well put.

Believers today have a very difficult time understanding the soverenty of God. God knew everything that would ever happen to man kind, He knew ALL in eternity past. Some I am sure think that God runs around today like a chicken without a head, trying to keep up with all of the quad trillions of man's decisions, sin's, evil's, choices, and non choices, (for those that believe they have no choice :doh: ).

Because He knew ALL in eternity past, all the provisions for mankind in this life were provided for us BACK THEN, IN eternity past. He KNEW who would believe and who would not, He knew in eternity past whose name in the future will be crossed out from "The Book of Life", and because He knew ALL, His plan for all mankind had "ALREADY" been completed (angels too), back then, in eternity past.

These that "Already were judged" were judged because of their own free will, (God knew how they would choose way back then) to choose or NOT to choose. This was NOT the Lord's doing, it was mankind's decisions, based on their choices, just like Satan's 5 "I Will". If God didn't give us free will, we ALL would be saved (thus no salvation). "For God so loved the World". BUT God is a gentleman, He gave ALL free will.

God is not caught off guard, nothing surprises Him, He knew of the Trillions upon trillions of things we would do good and/or bad, and since He knew back then, He was quite able, (Omnipotence) to know (Omniiscience) in what or whom He would intervene in on during man's occupation on this planet. God's plan is perfect! Perfect justice for the evil one's, and perfect salvation for us believing sinners, perfect discipline when we need a kick up the back side.

People need to understand (in our finite thinking) just how INCREDIABLE God is. To know absolutely everything that there is to know, ALL at once, ALL in a point of time (time to us) to know it ALL, EVERYTHING! (my puny mind can't hold the thought). This is God! (instantaneous foreknowledge).

God is not a sadist, blashemous even to think it, let alone speak it. Sin and evil are from man, and Satan's clan. Even to suggest that God has anything to do with these vicious lies is beyond evil. Man chose their path, starting with Adam, "We reap what we sow", don't blame God for it, He has a perfect plan......MANY today "CHOOSE" not to follow it. So be it! But don't blame God for the bad decisions (choices) of mankind.

RMA.....Linda ;)

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
linssue55 said:
God is not a sadist, blashemous even to think it, let alone speak it. Sin and evil are from man, and Satan's clan. Even to suggest that God has anything to do with these vicious lies is beyond evil.

It's called a reductio ad absurdum as I am not calling God a sadist I am simply pointing out that stating that God has given us free will because of this reason: "I said, that if God did not alllow for free will, he would have nothing he can judge." reduces to the absurd and paints God into a corner.

Ah. forget it. Believe what you want...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
stumpjumper said:
It's called a reductio ad absurdum as I am not calling God a sadist I am simply pointing out that stating that God has given us free will because of this reason: "I said, that if God did not alllow for free will, he would have nothing he can judge." reduces to the absurd and paints God into a corner.

What? :scratch: So what are you saying?....do you or do you NOT believe in the free will of mankind given to us by God?? Simple question?

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stumpjumper said:
Karl Barth would disagree with your above exegesis. First we are not already condemned as we exist inside a covenant of grace. This is the Noachic covenant:

“Never again will I doom the earth because of man, since the desires of man’s heart are evil from the start, nor will I ever again strike down all living things as I have done.” (Genesis 8:21).

All of God's covenants are entered into and fulfilled by God and they build upon each other as Abraham was covenanted out of the Noachic covenant.

John 3 , however, specifically states that ‘he that believeth not is condemned already.” These people that believeth not are not outside of the reach of God’s love are still within the world which is embraced in the grace and love of God. We should consider this passage then as applying to what happens to those who are within this world and believe in and have faith in God as a Reconciler. The message of Jesus Christ was redemption and salvation not condemnation and destruction and it those who recognize this that walk in the light and recognize the inner light that lighteth every person.

This is how Karl Barth exegeted John 3 in his Doctrine of Reconciliation:

“When he denies this light, when he is therefore in the darkness, when he does not know God, he excludes himself from the sphere of this promise. When he is lost as a creature, how can he participate in eternal life? If he breaks the covenant, he is lost as a creature, the promise of the covenant cannot hold good for him. But the divine loving in the form of the sending of the Son is the confirmation of the will of God not to acquiesce in this but to cause man to have eternal life which he has forfeited with his right to exist as a creature. It is His will not merely to rescue, but to save. He not only wills the creature to continue, but to continue in eternal fellowship with Himself. And He does not allow Himself to be foiled even in this far-reaching purpose for man by the opposition of man.” (Barth p.87)

We should view John 3 in light of 2 Corinthians 5 verses 11-21 and the doctrine of reconciliation.

Once again I fail to see your point. :scratch:

Karl's first sentence in your quote reveals basically the same thing as what Genez has said. Ie: A man who rejects the Gospel has revealed he sits in darkness. His rejection reveals his condemnation.

Maybe it isn't that Karl Barth would disagree with Genez's exegesis but maybe it is because you do not understand what either man is saying. (Just a guess at the possibilities, not making a statemnet of fact you understand.)

I dunno... if you listen to enough people sometimes you just end up ... :doh: :confused: :scratch: and then you have to ... :)

peace

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
stumpjumper said:

Now there's an irony in a thread about freewill. "Believe what you want." (Sorry, just an a tangent) ;)

There is nothing absurd about it if you just stop a moment and think it through.

Does the sun have freewill? The moon, an elephant, a plant? All these things act according to either instinct or physics. They cannot choose to be anything other than what they were originally designed for. Can God come along and say to the sun, "hey you why are you hiding behind that cloud? You bad, bad sun!"

Does one have to continue with such childlike talk in order for you to grasp a basic understanding? Where there is no authority there is no freedom. If God is to judge us there has to be authority given to men so that they may have the freedom to choose. If they don't have any authority, they have no ability to do anything other than the Lord's will and therefore He has no need to make any judgements upon them whatsoever.

It isn't the fact that freewill exists that gives cause for the Lord to judge. It is because the authority that leads to freewill has been abused (by angels and men) that necessitates God's judgement.

peace

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
stumpjumper said:

I just am not following your reasoning behind why we have free will...

Correct!

Do you really believe that the reason that we have free will and can make our own decisions in to expose fallen angels and so that we can be judged?

:scratch: I have no idea how you got that. Its really an incoherent thought, as is.

But, this much I can say. Its to cause fallen angels who live in denial to condemn themselves. And, in doing so. It vindicates God's judgement that is upon them by using their own words, and thinking, against them. When they condemn evil in a redeemed man, they are admitting they are worthy of condemnation. For they are evil!!! If their hero, Satan, did not trip up Adam and the woman, there would be no evil in mankind.

Also, God allows for free will in men expressing sin and evil so that men who are to be, can be condemned. If men's actions were always suppressed by God? They could not know that they were a sinner! If that happened? How could they know they need a Savior?

When men perform evil they are , as it were, walking in the unholy spirit. For they are manifesting and reflecting back to the fallen angels what they are in their own hearts.

God's plan is a double edged sword. He is dealing with men and angels simultaneously. Both the fallen, and the elect.

1 Peter 1:12 niv
"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things."

God is now using redeemed men as agents to reveal truth to angels. Man is a teaching tool that God uses to enlighten angels, especially when Scripture is taught.

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
stumpjumper said:

Tell me something? How do you handle someone who completely misunderstands you? Yet, keeps on trying to show you are wrong?

What do you do in that case? I would like to know.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
linssue55 said:
Because He knew ALL in eternity past, all the provisions for mankind in this life were provided for us BACK THEN, IN eternity past. He KNEW who would believe and who would not, He knew in eternity past whose name in the future will be crossed out from "The Book of Life", and because He knew ALL, His plan for all mankind had "ALREADY" been completed (angels too), back then, in eternity past.

Those who do not believe never had their name written in the book of life.

Those who are saved, yet fail miserably in fulfilling God's will, will have their "title" blotted out. The title is one of authority to be granted to believers who overcome. The tile is given along with the rewards. Those who fail to do God's will are still saved. They will enter heaven with their name in the book. But, after they lose all rewards at their evaluation, then the name/title is blotted out. In contrast. Unbelievers enter and find not that their names were blotted out, but that their names were NEVER written in. There is the difference!

Revelation 17:8 niv
The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

It can be translated.....

" has absolutely not been written in the book of life." (rbt)

Unbelievers were never written in to begin with. Believers who are losers, will have their "title/name" which was to be given, blotted out. One can not blot out what was absolutely not written in the first place!

Revelation 3:5 niv
"He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels."

Not all believers overcome. Many take the "broad and wide" way, and will face destruction of all blessing-rewards God has stored for them. These will have their names blotted out. But, only after entering Heaven. The evaluation comes next. Then, their name is blotted out. The Greek word translated "name" is also meaning title. In the Royal Family each believer in Eternity past was assigned a title of royalty to reign with Christ. Losers will loss all rewards. Along with it is lost their title that was planned in love to be given.

Hope that helps clarify this area that causes much confusion for legalists. :) Those who think we can lose our salvation.

RMA.....Linda ;)

Ditto, RMA!" :) Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
genez said:
Tell me something? How do you handle someone who completely misunderstands you? Yet, keeps on trying to show you are wrong?

What do you do in that case? I would like to know.

In Christ, GeneZ

You aim a fiery arrow at the same straw man , and then you say " see how he burns" :D

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
linssue55 said:
What? :scratch: So what are you saying?....do you or do you NOT believe in the free will of mankind given to us by God?? Simple question?

Of course I believe in free will. I just don't follow this fallen angel/demon reasoning and using freedom to bring man to judgement...

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sawdust said:
Once again I fail to see your point. :scratch:

Karl's first sentence in your quote reveals basically the same thing as what Genez has said. Ie: A man who rejects the Gospel has revealed he sits in darkness. His rejection reveals his condemnation.

Genez is following federal theology (from what I can tell) and that man is condemned already because of the fall etc. I don't follow that and believe that all mankind exists under a state of grace.

It makes a big difference when it comes to man's relation to God.

Maybe it isn't that Karl Barth would disagree with Genez's exegesis but maybe it is because you do not understand what either man is saying. (Just a guess at the possibilities, not making a statemnet of fact you understand.)

I understand Barth very well but I have absolutely no idea what Genez is talking about to be honest...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.