• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God doesnt love me anymore...

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rokedwin said:
I didnt ask for this life...why would he let me suffer? I didnt ask for this...it isnt my fault...its not my fault...

Look at the Bible, you see much suffering among His people.
Look to the cross and see the suffering of God for you .

Do you still love God? If you do this is His word to you.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

I do not know the details of your suffering, but remember that He has a plan for you , in some way this will work to your eternal good and His glory

Blessings

Upvote 0

Rokedwin

California Dreamin
Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
✟599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why would he put us here? It seems so useless...if hes God why does he need a bunch of stupid people running around the world?...theres no point to this... What kind of big plan could he possibly have? So everything I do is because of God plan...so if I screw up, off to hell I go?...great....I feel loved...I dont understand...He doesnt love me...or else he would help me....He could end it all right now...I dont feel any love from anyone else either...isnt that what life is about? love?

Reactions: doofus125
Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you are here, you are seeking Him and His will for you. I can think of no greater compliment that God would want, then you, specifically you, in your situation, than for you, specifically you, to be seeking Him. Jesus paid the penalty for your imperfection. He paid the ransom so that there would someday be an end to your suffering and you would have an eternal reward. This world is a nightmare. I agree with you. I too have had much suffering. I don't know what your suffering is, but I can tell you that I too, have suffered and have "wrestled" with these questions. I hope that you can hear Jesus calling your name. I know that He is doing that. Answer Him!

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rokedwin said:
Why would he put us here? It seems so useless...if hes God why does he need a bunch of stupid people running around the world?...theres no point to this... What kind of big plan could he possibly have? So everything I do is because of God plan...so if I screw up, off to hell I go?...great....I feel loved...I dont understand...He doesnt love me...or else he would help me....He could end it all right now...I dont feel any love from anyone else either...isnt that what life is about? love?

I LOVE being stupid , do you know why ?

1Cr 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

So that way if I do something good everyone knows it is him not me .

There is a plan and purpose..we are all born to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
Life is not first about us being loved, but about us loving Him .

If you have repented and given Christ your life you will never be lost. His eye is on the sparrow and it is on you too.He always knows right where you are.
If Christ is your Savior it is He that saves you , you do not save yourself. So "screwing up" will not cost you your eternity..He holds you in the palm of His hand.

Do you belong to a church? Do you read the word every day? Do you pray ?

All of these things make Christ present to you in a very personal way . You are not alone . He will never leave you or forsake you.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rokedwin said:
Yes I belong to a church and I pray every night...I just dont feel him anymore...I just dont feel good anymore, infact...I dont feel anything, just empty...

We walk by faith not by sight (or feelings)

1Pe 5:6**
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

1Pe 5:7**
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1Pe 5:8**
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 5:9**
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1Pe 5:10**
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].

1Pe 5:11**
To him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

All of us have had "desert "experiences where we feel far from God, but it is not he that moved it is usually us.
I want you to consider this fact.

Before Moses could lead the people out of Egypt he needed a desert experience. Before Abraham received the promise he had to wander .

Remember that Jesus went to the mountain before he began his ministry

It is often during the times that we feel the furthest from Him that He works to mold us into a useful vessel.

Put on the spirit of praise for the feelings of heaviness . When I feel disconnected I put on a tape or cd and sing praises to the God that loves me . God inhabits the praises of His people.

Also you might make an appointment with your Pastor to pray with you.

You are not alone and you are not the only one that has felt this way .

I will be praying for you

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Rokedwin said:
Yes I belong to a church and I pray every night...I just dont feel him anymore...I just dont feel good anymore, infact...I dont feel anything, just empty...
I understand the feeling . . it is called depression . . how long have you felt this way?

Peace and Hope in Christ

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
None of us asked for this. But we're here with a purpose. Getting upset at God is often our first reaction, but ironically He's the one that gets us through. Getting mad at God is like peeing against the wind. It's self defeating.
Stick with him. If there is one light shining in the darkness it is his word. Read the bible a lot. Devote yourself to it and you will begin to shine through the mess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rokedwin said:
bro, you are not alone with this. I've been going through it recently also and so has a close friend of mine. I'm realizing that I've just gone through the motions for so long that I'm really not spending the time with God that I should be, mostly because of sin.....I'm away from home right now, but later today I will post a few books that I have been checking out that may help you. Don't give up bro, Heaven is so worth the short wait that it is.

Godbless you bro,

Bill

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
doofus125 said:
bro, you are not alone with this. I've been going through it recently also and so has a close friend of mine. I'm realizing that I've just gone through the motions for so long that I'm really not spending the time with God that I should be, mostly because of sin.....I'm away from home right now, but later today I will post a few books that I have been checking out that may help you. Don't give up bro, Heaven is so worth the short wait that it is.

Godbless you bro,

Bill

The Holidays are especially likely to make us feel unhappy or depressed. That seems strange because we "think" they should be the best of times.

Your post is right on ...

Upvote 0

Sean524

Jun 25, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
When bad things are happening or when I do bad things and mess up . . . I think of this: "When God first called me, HE KNEW ahead of time that all this was going to happen and He decidec to call me anyway" so I know that eventually that bad stuff will be behind me, and I am saved and loved always, period :)

Grace to you, brother.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sean524 said:
When bad things are happening or when I do bad things and mess up . . . I think of this: "When God first called me, HE KNEW ahead of time that all this was going to happen and He decidec to call me anyway" so I know that eventually that bad stuff will be behind me, and I am saved and loved always, period :)

Grace to you, brother.

That is very wise ..Hey He loves us in spite of ourselves

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The great thing is, if you were the only person He had created, He still would've given this Earth to you and all the wonders in it. And His Son still would've come to die fro you.

God didn't make the bad junk that happens to people. That is a result of the world being sinful and messing up all the good things He gave us. Still, even though we have all made a mess of it, He still helps us out.

I suggest you read the Psalms. David had many of the same feelings as you. Then maybe write your own thoughts to God. He is listening, He loves you, and He thinks you are worth it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silent Enigma

Senior Veteran
Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First, to "rokedwin" ---

Remember that God is not the only entity at work in our lives. Put up a fight because the battle is the Lord's.

I don't know why it is that we feel like turning against God when things go wrong. Its the easy bitter reaction. But counter productive. I guess Its hard for us humans to think straight.

And secondly, to "doofus" ---

First thing, quit calling yourself that.

Second, I've seen a number of your posts and you're always trying to edify and build people up. Good work.

Third, are you always mad? (Note the little red head by your name.)

Upvote 0

Rokedwin

California Dreamin
Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
✟599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
doofus125 said:

Godbless you bro,

Bill

Ive read a lot of your posts (I lurk)...and you seem to help a ton of people out...im sure God is very proud of you, so am I and I thank you...maybe one day we can have a chat in heaven :)

Upvote 0