✟716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
theFijian

Posted by theFijian: Ah so Alexander was 5 years old when he lead his men into battle was he? What chapter and verse can I find that in? Another utter failure.

Posted by the Fijian: Show me in scripture where it states that the children they killed were all at least 15 years old. That's right you can't.

Posted by theFijian: More lies, where did I state that 5 year olds were sent into battle? I'll help you out: I didn't. You are making up falsehoods because you have been shown to be utterly wrong.

Posted by theFijian: My bias? My bias is that where it says children it means children, not adults. So if I'm biased then so is the english language.

Posted by theFijian: If animals cannot be corrected then why were the Israelits to slaughter the livestock as well and the women and children when God sent them into battle?

Posted by theFijian: Show me in scripture where it states that women made up the armies? That's right you can't.

Posted by theFijian: If you are so weary of this the solution is simple: put up or shut up

Posted by theFijian: Still running scared? Put up or shut up.

Posted by theFijian: From the start you have been grandstanding with nothing of substance but pseudo-intellectual gibberish and a remarkable display of your lack of biblical knowledge
There are still 5 unanswered questions, either put up or shut up:

Posted by theFijian: There are now seven questions which you can't or wont answer; put up or shut up.

Posted by theFijian: You are still running scared of answering these questions: put up or shut up.

Posted by theFijian: If you are so weary of this the solution is simple: put up or shut up

Posted by theFijian: One day I may be answerable to trolls like you, but that day is not yet here

Assyrian

Romans 13:14
To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

There was sin before the law, whereas you stated sin is disobeying God. Therefore, you are wrong, and since the incident in the Garden gave birth to sin and death, there was nothing before it.
I had consolidated my stance, and now it has been set in stone. Sorry, but you have been refuted by your entire idea of sin.

Does anyone else want to show me how uneducated I am?
Do not ever insult me again.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Its rather sad to see so much flaming going on in a section that is designated Christian Only. I think some people need to take a moment, step away from the computer and check themselves. This behavior is not very becoming of a Christian.

This thread will be closed if the flaming continues!

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How old we see the universe is subjective to how we think in general. We see light traveling at 186,000 miles per second, so we conclude the age of the universe by how far we can see in space.
But the thing is, you can freely admit that God is not bound by such laws and that Genesis clearly states how He created the universe, so why does it have to be the way you perceive it?
And further more, if it is explained how He created the universe, then who is really being deceiving?
God stated that what we see is what He made, but what are you really looking at? What He made or what others conclude from what He made?
So saying 'He could have but didn't' really carries no weight, for anyone who uses that idea.
People herald the ideas of science way too much then they should. My theology does not deny the possibility of the universe being billions of years old, but a good example of the over-confidence in scientific ideals is the Big Bang. People think that because it is commonly accepted, that it doesn't have big problems. To extend the idea to ToE, the theory relies on all sciences to be absolutely correct.
And we have not seen macro-evolution period. Micro-organisms are posing a problem for ToE, and the irony is that pro-evos see how they evolve to be promising. The reality is that micro-organisms sporadically change all the time, and yet never make that final leap, which hurts mathematical consistency with ToE.
If TE's think they have stumbled upon an absolute certainty of how God created the universe and all things within, they are sadly mistaken. TE's need to realize that they only have a theory and it it is yet to be competent enough to start stomping on creationists, plain and simple.
And that does not even include the contradictions it possesses outside of Creation ideas and venturing into the depths of the Bible, which I have fully brought to light and TE's cannot even accept that.

So really, the whole approach on evolution should really just be kept away from other ideas, because TE's have been issuing a battle they cannot really win. What they do is mass together and rely on eachothers bias to shove the idea on other people.

I did not admit that Genesis clearly states how God created the universe. I will freely admit that it clearly states that He did. But from my perspective, the theory of evolution, geology, the Big Bang, etc., only enter into it tangentially, since I read the creation account as allegory while I was still a young-earth creationist. So if the ToE, et al, went away tomorrow, it wouldn't change my reading of Genesis. I accept the ToE because it's the best explanation given the existing data. There actually have been many instances of macroevolution observed both in the lab and in nature, and the genetic and bone/fossil evidence is surprisingly detailed.

As to the question of why, e.g., stars have to be as far away as they look, it is as you say: they don't have to be so. The point is that all the data makes them look as though they are, just as all the data makes it look as though we share common ancestry with the rest of life on Earth. If the Earth was created 6000 years ago with age built-in, it seems that it was created with evolution included in that built-in age. But I see no reason to make unfalsifiable loopholes in natural history, especially when the only reason is for the sake of a particular literal interpretation of Genesis that was unknown to the Church for almost 1900 years.

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And we have not seen macro-evolution period. Micro-organisms are posing a problem for ToE, and the irony is that pro-evos see how they evolve to be promising. The reality is that micro-organisms sporadically change all the time, and yet never make that final leap, which hurts mathematical consistency with ToE. .

There is simply no reason to adopt materialism's random formation of man. Before Darwin, there was no test refuting Creationism and materialists pronoted their doctrine. After Darwin, there is no test refuting Creationism and materialists are promoting their doctrine.

Upvote 0

Mikecpking

Aug 29, 2005
Telford,Shropshire,England
Visit site
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There is simply no reason to adopt materialism's random formation of man. Before Darwin, there was no test refuting Creationism and materialists pronoted their doctrine. After Darwin, there is no test refuting Creationism and materialists are promoting their doctrine.

So when scientists, geologists, chemists and physicists observe something, make their hypotheses and make repeatable tests etc, they make 'doctrine'?
How do you think the computer evolved over the last 30 years?

Upvote 0

Greg1234

In the beginning was El
May 14, 2010
✟11,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when scientists, geologists, chemists and physicists observe something, make their hypotheses and make repeatable tests etc, they make 'doctrine'?
Observe what? Nothing observed in experimentation has been in conflict with Creationism. You're basically here asking people to adopt materialistic faith.
How do you think the computer evolved over the last 30 years?
The mechanism is demonstrably impotent. Intelligent design.

Upvote 0

Mikecpking

Aug 29, 2005
Telford,Shropshire,England
Visit site
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Observe what? Nothing observed in experimentation has been in conflict with Creationism. You're basically here asking people to adopt materialistic faith.

The mechanism is demonstrably impotent. Intelligent design.

[/quote]
On the contrary, there is masses of evidence for an old earth. I don't know where you live, but I have done plenty of field work in geology and have never found evidence for a catastrophic flood when then I was a recent creationist. After seeing what I found (you can use multiple coal layers as an example), not one shred of evidence pointed to a one time flood event.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.