• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Giving Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

els_bells

Jan 11, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm giving up on counselling. i can't do it anymore. I just cant see any progress, I can't see anything getting any better. I've talked and talked about this stuff and reached no conclusions, there is no point in talking anymore.
I've been away for a while, I thought it might help me get my head straight but I've come back more confused than ever.
I'm going to cope on my own, it's the only way. If i don't let people in then they can't hurt me. I'm going to fight this on my own, I wonder if I'll ever win.
:confused:

Cerulean_Butterfly

Learning to fly...
Feb 25, 2004
In your closet... Armed. =P =D
✟33,635.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hun, don't give up. It will work... give it time. I can see why you're a little impatient with the healing process... but it will get better. Please don't give up. And please don't stop letting people into your life. Not everyone will hurt you. Beleive it or not, there are some good people in this world. You'll find them, I promise.

-Jo. :hug:

Upvote 0

Cat59

Just me
Aug 28, 2003
Beautiful Wales
Visit site
✟40,090.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
els_bells said:
I'm giving up on counselling. i can't do it anymore. I just cant see any progress, I can't see anything getting any better. I've talked and talked about this stuff and reached no conclusions, there is no point in talking anymore.
I've been away for a while, I thought it might help me get my head straight but I've come back more confused than ever.
I'm going to cope on my own, it's the only way. If i don't let people in then they can't hurt me. I'm going to fight this on my own, I wonder if I'll ever win.
:confused:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you told the counsellor this?

Perhaps if you did, she or he could use another approach..
:groupray: for you..

Upvote 0

els_bells

Jan 11, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know who I am. All my life I've made decisions etc. in order to prove things to people or done what was expected of me, I've tried to be this person that I think others want me to be but I'm not. I don't know who the real me is. I'm completely lost.
Now I'm doing much better in not self harming but I'm so scared. Self harm is the one thing that identifies me, without it I'm just going to be more of a nothing than i am now. I don't want to stop, I don't want to lose that identity.

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

The Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,

even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble,

it's a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.

Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

show
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Upvote 0

els_bells

Jan 11, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's all a bit crazy here. Today i took my mum to hospital for her operation tomorrow. It was so horrible leaving her there, i wish i could have stayed. I really hope that everything goes well, that there are no complications like last time.
I've come to a few decisions about my life etc. I'm not going to any counselling anymore. In fact I've stopped trying to stop self harm. I know that ultimately it is not the best way to cope but for now I've got it under control. I've got exams coming up and i just know that I can't get through them trying to battle with not self harming.
I don't think I'm a christian anymore, I no longer have a relationship with God. I don't know what i'm thinking about faith etc. but I'm pretty confused.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.