Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,413.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I started a thread a couple weeks ago. Hard to find a new church
I already posted what I was going through. I never received a reply from that church. I'm tired of people forgetting me in church when Im trying to get plugged in or asking for prayer. I'm NOT giving up on God because He didn't do anything wrong. I'm just fed up with Church not being church.

jcpartri

Oct 11, 2022
Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean I don't want to be in church. The exact opposite. I feel like churches in my area don't want me
Hello FaithfulAndTrue,
Your desire for a church family is right. I am sorry you are having this struggle, and I will pray for you.
For now, let me invite you to my church "digitally". It's not the same. I know, but consider yourself invited.
Here was today's link: Livestream — Pilgrim OPC

-many blessings to you
Christ will see you through this. Keep looking to Him alone, and keep seeking. NEVER give up!

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I already posted what I was going through. I never received a reply from that church. I'm tired of people forgetting me in church when Im trying to get plugged in or asking for prayer. I'm NOT giving up on God because He didn't do anything wrong. I'm just fed up with Church not being church.
I think it's similar to what JFK said "Ask not, what your church can do for you, ask what you can do for your church." If we give our lives in servitude to the church we will find far more rewards than going to the church and asking "what have you done for me lately?" It's about the attitude of gratitude. When you feel gratitude, you see God's blessings and his work everywhere. WHen it's an attitude of "what have you done for me lately" it can hinder one's ability to appreciate the grace they have been given.

I'm not accusing you of not having the right attitude. I certainly would expect my church to embrace me and If I didn't feel that from them, I would wonder why I was there. If you hold on to your faith and read about God's grace and mercy, I think you would get the feeling you are looking for in just about any church.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,413.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello FaithfulAndTrue,
Your desire for a church family is right. I am sorry you are having this struggle, and I will pray for you.
For now, let me invite you to my church "digitally". It's not the same. I know, but consider yourself invited.
Here was today's link: Livestream — Pilgrim OPC

-many blessings to you
Christ will see you through this. Keep looking to Him alone, and keep seeking. NEVER give up!
Thank you for your encouragement and the invite❤️ I really appreciate that

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,413.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reply to I understand what you mean. I'm coming from more of "hey I want to be a part of this church but I feel like the door is closed a

I think it's similar to what JFK said "Ask not, what your church can do for you, ask what you can do for your church." If we give our lives in servitude to the church we will find far more rewards than going to the church and asking "what have you done for me lately?" It's about the attitude of gratitude. When you feel gratitude, you see God's blessings and his work everywhere. WHen it's an attitude of "what have you done for me lately" it can hinder one's ability to appreciate the grace they have been given.

I'm not accusing you of not having the right attitude. I certainly would expect my church to embrace me and If I didn't feel that from them, I would wonder why I was there. If you hold on to your faith and read about God's grace and mercy, I think you would get the feeling you are looking for in just about any church.
I understand what you are saying, however I do feel like it's not really in line with what I'm saying. I'm trying to get to know people in the church and I feel shut out basically. I DID serve many years at my old church and if I'm being honest felt used.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If a church is not making you feel welcome, just going in there and saying well, I’m going to help out anyway, could be very stressful for you. And if they don’t appreciate you, you’re not really helping them.

I have said elsewhere, there’s nothing in the Bible telling you to go to church, only to fellowship. And it is obviously fellowship that you are seeking.

I wonder if it would help you to do some volunteer work. It is not exactly the same as fellowship, of course, but if it is for a place that is serving the Lord, you may be blessed in return.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seek Jesus Christ of Nazareth, He is the Head of the Church. Your focus on a brick and mortar congregation is causing a strain and I am sure this is not His will for you. He has not forgotten you now make sure you do not forget Him. The fruits of the Holy Spirit be with you.
Blessings.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 5

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I understand what you are saying, however I do feel like it's not really in line with what I'm saying. I'm trying to get to know people in the church and I feel shut out basically. I DID serve many years at my old church and if I'm being honest felt used.
I see, Where do you go in that situation? I'm not sure. Maybe it comes down to whose doctrine you believe. There are so many different brands of Christianity it's hard to know which Church is preaching the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I see, Where do you go in that situation? I'm not sure. Maybe it comes down to whose doctrine you believe. There are so many different brands of Christianity it's hard to know which Church is preaching the truth.
But we don’t look to a church to find out who is pitching the truth. In fact, in the first century, the apostles never heard of a church.

They met in one another’s homes or in synagogues on the Sabbath.

We are to be like Bereans and search the Scriptures to find out what is true, not traditions of men which are too often rampant in the mainstream church today.

We have minds. We have Bibles. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us, and he says that no man is to teach us, but that he will teach us. If we let a pastor or a church, do our thinking for us, it seems unlikely that we will ever fully
grow spiritually.

We have to check and see if what the pastors, and the churches are saying, truly matches the word of the Lord.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We have the Holy Spirit to guide us, and he says that no man is to teach us, but that he will teach us. If we let a pastor or a church, do our thinking for us, it seems unlikely that we will ever fully
So we don't need any teachers? I think that is why there are 1,000 different churches that have different interpretations. Which one is correct if there is no authority teaching that has been established since Christ walked the Earth? We have our own minds but each individual can't say they have the correct interpretation of the scripture. I understand your point of view as it has been preached by countless Protestants but I'm wondering do you need any guidance at all when you interpret scripture or do you just wing it with Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have researched many commentaries on the Bible for a very long time. I’ve listened to Christian radio and I have learned a lot. I’ve read mainstream Christian (and Hebrew Roots) books that have taught me very important things.

The Bible talks about teachers as having an important role. So it almost seems as if there is a contradiction. On the one hand we are to have teachers. On the other hand, we are told that we need that no man should teach us, but that the Holy Spirit will teach us.

I personally think there’s a simple answer to what seems like a conflict. Listen to teachers if they aren’t saying
non-scriptural things. Research history and even languages like Greek and Hebrew. See if what they’re saying lines up with the word.

This is the age of information and we all have Bibles. We need to be not so quick to just sit in a pew and believe everything we hear.

But we need to keep asking the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth, and to let us know if we are going in the wrong directions.

And sometimes without being asked, he will speak to us, or guide us, and we will see that where we have been led is consistent with scriptures.

But we have to know the Scriptures! We have to search them out as the Bereans did. And not just assume that because some pastor said such and such, or that some church teaches such and such, that we are to comply with what they are presenting.

I have personally found that when I pray, and ask the Holy Spirit to correct me, and to guide me, that there have been some big surprises. And they were always verified by scriptures, which we so often look at, but don’t really see.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are so many different brands of Christianity it's hard to know which Church is preaching the truth.
Boy isn't that the truth, so many deceivers out there now days.

The Bible is my anchor on this.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady

ezra932

Jan 27, 2018
DONIPHAN
✟15,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean I don't want to be in church. The exact opposite. I feel like churches in my area don't want me
there is a church out there for you to attend. study out the doctrine listen to the preaching if its all Bible based. you like it keep going we are to try the spirits and see if they are of God. last a quote f were looking for a perfect church and find it. it will not be perfect very long because we are there . try not to be real picky but go with the truth in scriptures

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Typically when we see a problem God wants to use us as part of the solution.

Upvote 0