Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
tink! I remember I got that brand a few years ago when you recommended it! I used to flat iron my hair everyday; it just seemed to be less frizzy in the humidity here. Now I don't anymore but that was a good brand.

Oh cool! :D I'm glad someone else enjoyed it too! :) I feel like super duper special that you bought something on my recommendation! :pink: WOOT!

Ahh, yes!!! I have this exact same flat iron. I love it because it has tourmaline in it, which protects your hair from damage, AND it can straighten wet hair. The best of both worlds.

Ironically, there's so much steam from straightening wet hair that the vents they have don't do a lot. So you really still can't iron near your scalp, and if you have puffy hair like me, that tends to be an issue. So I still end up having to blow dry it if I'm going to straighten it. Thankfully, I don't straighten my hair very often, so it's not that bad. :p

I wonder if that was an issue with your particular iron. I have very frizzy hair, and I've never had any trouble getting all the way to my scalp. I've only ever gotten steamed once and it was because I let my attention wander. lol. My hair looks SUPER fabulous after I've used it; root to tip!

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Well, if you want to start a Guy's Talk thread, you can definitely do that. Then you all can talk about the manly things. :p

Doesn't mean you can't post here though, if you want to ask us questions about girls in general that baffle you. XD

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting then. :o Mind sharing how you flat iron your hair? Is there a certain angle that lets you do that easier? Much thanks!! It would help a lot! :D

Uh...I just separate it in about 3/4 inch segments, put a comb at my roots and slide the iron right up on it. Then I pull it gently to the end three times. Then I move to the next segment and repeat until all my hair is done. TA DA. I also use a silk serum that I get at WalMart - I don't know the name but it's in a clear purple bottle.

This thread is sexist. Harumph!

I thought you said "sexiest" until I read the next post...

Well, if you want to start a Guy's Talk thread, you can definitely do that. Then you all can talk about the manly things. :p

Doesn't mean you can't post here though, if you want to ask us questions about girls in general that baffle you. XD

lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Uh...I just separate it in about 3/4 inch segments, but a comb at my roots and slide the iron right up on it. Then I pull it gently to the end three times. Then I move to the next segment and repeat until all my hair is done. TA DA. I also use a silk serum that I get at WalMart - I don't know the name but it's in a clear purple bottle.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I didn't think of putting a comb there to shield my scalp. Thanks so much, I'll definitely try it. :)

I'll have to try a serum too, but if I get one it would probably have to be mostly natural and heat protecting. XD

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah, that makes a lot of sense! I didn't think of putting a comb there to shield my scalp. Thanks so much, I'll definitely try it. :)

I'll have to try a serum too, but if I get one it would probably have to be mostly natural and heat protecting. XD

I know there is some like that available, but they're more expensive. The same brand that I get has one that's heat protective but I don't know about how natural it is.

Good luck! Be sure to report how it works for you!

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, the natural products tend to be expensive. I have to pool money together to get them, but it's so worth it if possible.

I'll definitely keep you updated when I flat iron my hair again! :)

Upvote 0