Oct 15, 2011
✟12,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know they had one in the single's area but I thought since we're a smaller group maybe this one will keep up and not get lost in the shuffle.

:)

So I normally wear Bare Minerals foundation and blush and no matter what I do it's always gone by the middle of the day and when I go home I look like I've been hit by a truck.

I've heard a lot about primer so I thought I'd try it. I used it over the weekend and it worked pretty well but my makeup usually does better throughout the weekend. Today was the first day I used it for work and I LOVE IT!!!!! It works BEAUTIFULLY!!!! My makeup still looks as fresh as when I put it on. :D

So...I have to swear by my Bare Mineral primer.

Is there anything you use, or want to use and want to chat about it?

^_^

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to worry about makeup wearing off...since I don't typically wear any. :p I didn't even want to wear any to my wedding, but my sister convinced me to go with at least a natural look style of makeup. (I have skin issues that make wearing makeup more trouble than it seems worth it most of the time.)

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If I wear foundation (which I sometimes wear a mineral foundation by Physician's Formula), my face ALWAYS looks dry. No matter how much moisterizer I put on first, creams, etc...DRY and yucky looking. Bleh. I don't know what to do about it.

Upvote 0

jordys

Dec 26, 2011
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also wear Bare Minerals and I love their warmth!! But I switch up my make up a lot and mark. by Avon makes very, very good make up for a younger generation and I love it! They've got tinted moisturizer called "Get a Tint" and it's awesome. You just run it on and it moisturizes your face and evens it out. I used to just rub it all over right before school and did small things like mascara and gloss. So I wasn't wearing a lot of make up, but still felt good about myself and not like I just rolled out of bed. I save more make up for going out and stuff. ;)

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If I wear foundation (which I sometimes wear a mineral foundation by Physician's Formula), my face ALWAYS looks dry. No matter how much moisterizer I put on first, creams, etc...DRY and yucky looking. Bleh. I don't know what to do about it.

My sister used almond oil on my face (you get at drug stores or the grocery store in our case the day before my wedding) before putting on foundation and it worked beautifully. She had to add a little extra after putting on foundation in a couple of particularly difficult areas on my face, but it look great and felt nice too, not greasy or anything like that.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My sister used almond oil on my face (you get at drug stores or the grocery store in our case the day before my wedding) before putting on foundation and it worked beautifully. She had to add a little extra after putting on foundation in a couple of particularly difficult areas on my face, but it look great and felt nice too, not greasy or anything like that.

Hmm...do you find that in the make up aisle or with the other cooking oils? I may have to try it!

Thanks, lady!

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm...do you find that in the make up aisle or with the other cooking oils? I may have to try it!

Thanks, lady!

It's a cosmetic, so I would think the makeup aisle. My sister grabbed it off of the shelf, so I'm not 100% sure. But it's not a cooking oil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a cosmetic, so I would think the makeup aisle. My sister grabbed it off of the shelf, so I'm not 100% sure. But it's not a cooking oil.

Okie dokie! Thanks again! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have yet to find makeup that covers nicely without making my face break out horrible or making it redder than it already is.

In general, I don't wear makeup (besides mascara and eyeliner) because none of it works for me. I do have some Everyday Minerals powder that I wear sometimes but it doesn't really work well, just gives me the fun of getting to pretend I put effort into looking nice ;)

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a Wet 2 Straight flat iron. It's my favorite because if I flat iron my hair wet, it will stay much longer than if I do it dry. So, using a cheap iron I can go longer than when I use a more expensive brand (like Chi).

Flat ironing your hair while wet only has one small issue...steam. Be careful if you try the Wet 2 Straight! :D

Upvote 0

Sapphire Dragon

Truly Loved... as are you.
Sep 28, 2008
On a planet that needs healing.
Visit site
✟10,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
I have a Wet 2 Straight flat iron. It's my favorite because if I flat iron my hair wet, it will stay much longer than if I do it dry. So, using a cheap iron I can go longer than when I use a more expensive brand (like Chi).

Flat ironing your hair while wet only has one small issue...steam. Be careful if you try the Wet 2 Straight! :D
Ahh, yes!!! I have this exact same flat iron. I love it because it has tourmaline in it, which protects your hair from damage, AND it can straighten wet hair. The best of both worlds.

Ironically, there's so much steam from straightening wet hair that the vents they have don't do a lot. So you really still can't iron near your scalp, and if you have puffy hair like me, that tends to be an issue. So I still end up having to blow dry it if I'm going to straighten it. Thankfully, I don't straighten my hair very often, so it's not that bad. :p

Upvote 0