✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome to the GT fellowship thread.

Many of the forums here have a place on the forum for people that may disagree and debate what they think or believe have an area where they can do friendship posts.

We can sometimes debate so hard that we forget that on the other side of the screen are other Christians that are funny or hurting or in need of support. We also forget that we probable agree on many things .

This thread is stuck so we can know each other as people.

It is a place to tell a joke or tell us when something good or bad is happening in your life, a place to ask prayer from other believers maybe a place to comment on a news event .

It is not a place to debate or insult or be critical, this is a thread intended to help us build bridges to each other.

I hope that all of us on this forum will be blessed by getting to know each other.

Now I am a "blond" and I love "blond jokes". A former Pastor and friend knows that and sent me one the other day .

So before I share it, I need to know if it will offend anyone ?? :)

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oblio said:
:wave:

I'm busy getting ready for my second child, Loukas, who will arrive Feb 2 or before.

Wow how exciting! I guess you guys found out the sex in advance huh :)

Great name !

Let us know when it is time so we can pray for your wife and baby a safe and easy delivery !

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:
1. Getting a new teaching post
2. Getting information to apply to Grad School
3. Writing a half-dousin half-baked novels, short stories, or theological essays

What will your masters be in?

What do you write? I am a mystery buff myself. Theological essays are a bit above me :)

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
herev said:
congrats. our youngest will be 1 next month, and we're both 41. Seems you waiting later than we did, are you really 46?

I can not believe it has been a year Tommy, it seems like yesterday.

Some time post a pic I would love to see him.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oblio said:
Yep, 46. Anna, our youngest, will be 2 in Apri.l

It is a blessing to come into a home with mature parents. You have much wisdom to share.

My son in law was 45 when their baby was born, he thought he was "too old"

Right now he is loving being the dad to a little boy that loves Thomas trains.. kids keep us young you know :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
May God richly bless all of my brothers and sisters in Christ here.

Nothing new with me, God continues to fill our lives with his undeserved grace and blessings. I'm amazed at how he can treat so bountifully in spite of our constantly failing Him in even the most simple things.

Your brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
rnmomof7 said:
What will your masters be in?

MA in History, specializing probably in England. I will also be receiving my Secondary Ed Certification at the same time.

What do you write? I am a mystery buff myself. Theological essays are a bit above me

Besides essays, various fan fictions. I am writing a novel version of the video game Final Fantasy IV, and am currently in the middle of one fantasy genre novel as well

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
PaladinValer said:
MA in History, specializing probably in England. I will also be receiving my Secondary Ed Certification at the same time.

Besides essays, various fan fictions. I am writing a novel version of the video game Final Fantasy IV, and am currently in the middle of one fantasy genre novel as well
My mother's fiancee and you might have good conversations if you knew each other! He got his PhD in European History I believe. not sure of the era though!

*jams to Kirk Franklin's song "Could've Been Me" *

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oblio said:
:wave:

I'm busy getting ready for my second child, Loukas, who will arrive Feb 2 or before.
congratulations on the coming baby!!! :clap:

My brother and his wife are expecting their first child that same week. I'm going to be an aunt! *does a little jig*

Please pray for the mama though... they don't have health insurance and she is suffering from intense back pain and they've already gone into the ER once for it. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rnmomof7 said:
It is a blessing to come into a home with mature parents. You have much wisdom to share.

My son in law was 45 when their baby was born, he thought he was "too old"

Right now he is loving being the dad to a little boy that loves Thomas trains.. kids keep us young you know :)

Thanks, I'm not sure if I am mature yet ;) And I can at least count on the wisdom from our Lord to teach them. The greatest joy is teaching them about Christ, Anna is now learning how to pick out Jesus and the Theotokos (or Dokus in Anna speak :) ) in my illustrated NT. She enjoys saying prayers and has learned to say 'Lord have mercy' and 'Amen' at the proper times.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rnmomof7 said:
Wow how exciting! I guess you guys found out the sex in advance huh :)

I hate to paint, this way we only have to decorate once :)

Great name !

Thanks, it's kind of a long story, but my wife and I first encountered Orthodoxy at the Hosios Loukas Monastery in Greece on a secular Mediteranean tour. It was our experience there that led my wife to ask one day if there were any churches like that near us. Also, his day of repose is Feb 7th which was near Loukas' original due date.

Let us know when it is time so we can pray for your wife and baby a safe and easy delivery !

Will do.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,244.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
PaladinValer said:

I have sons that love that kind of stuff. The closest I get is nardia .)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.