Fellowship The Word of God is our foundation for what we believe (read the ruleset before you post)

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is for fellowship among those who recognize that scripture, the word of God, was a divine act of the Holy Spirit who moved among the writers of the Scriptures. While anointed men wrote the words, the words themselves were inspired By the Holy Spirit.

Because of that we recognize that the spirit of God and the Word of God act the same. The Holy Spirit will never contradict the word of God because he is the author of the word of God and he will not contradict himself.

Perhaps we can use this thread as a teaching moment and help each other understand how the two are inseparable. This would be a good place for us to share the times that we learned from the word of God and how it adjusted or changed our thoughts or feelings.

Our faith cannot be based on how we feel at the moment nor can it be based on what we think. The foundation of our faith can only be the word of God.

Looking forward to your thoughts and insight.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suppose one the most important spiritual truths in my life is the relation between the Word, Faith, and Revelation.

Romans 10:17 KJV
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ephesians 1:15-19 KJV
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

I see these two passages are related insomuch as I read Romans 10:17 as meaning:

"So then faith comes by revelation, and revelation (comes) by words spoken by Christ."

"comes through its having been spoken by Christ" - Weymouth translation

I think the word "revelation" here makes sense. You get faith by words spoken into you by Christ via revelation. These words become the "stuff" of your faith. I call the sum total of these Christ-spoken words your "logosystem." Jesus, as the Word, was the Logosystem of God. Some people call this revelation knowledge, that is, the word spoken into your spirit by Christ. Earlier in my Christian walk, after reading some very powerful books by Kenneth E. Hagin and E. W. Kenyon, I began to pray the above prayer on a continuous manner.

"Lord, give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation that the eyes of my understanding be enlightened; that I may know..."

In time, the Spirit began to make passages from the scripture stand out to me. They became "real" to me and I could feel the affect they had on my faith and spiritual growth. Eventually I wrote a number of books on the subjects including "Revelation Knowledge" and "The Logosystem: A Revelation of The Abiding Word." Both of these books deal with the process of receiving and walking in faith.

One last thing. When we say "revelation" we are not talking about new revelation. We are talking about the process of moving the living word of God into our spirits. This word is added to our "logosystem" and becomes the "stuff" of our faith. This word is alive (abiding) in you and in this form, empowers your faith and generates your prayer of faith.
Peace.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Notice the Word doesn't say visions are profitable for doctrine - or dreams - or experiences - or even prophets.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Notice the Word doesn't say visions are profitable for doctrine - or dreams - or experiences - or even prophets.
Yes, if they are true visions, dream, or prophesies they have value for their intended purpose, but not doctrine.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth. Get the right tool for the job.

1 Corinthians 14:3 KJV
3. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth. Get the right tool for the job.

1 Corinthians 14:3 KJV
3. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
Absolutely accurate -

I also like what Paul wrote just a few verses later

1 Cor 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had dreams and visons from the Lord. I have prophesied since I was 17 years old, since 1971. Despite these things, nothing replaces the Word. The Word of the Lord abides in us. We can speak from that abiding word when in prayer or confession and things will happen. I love the verse "the words I speak unto you are spirit and are life." When I read those words, my spirit says "the words I speak unto you are spirits and alive." They live in us like living things. When we speak them, they are just as if Jesus is speaking them. I can feel the living word working in my heart. Hard to describe, but it is like a light in me. Sometimes it is like a spring flowing forth. It comes from deep within. During intercession it feels like I want to cramp in my belly and bend over. Not really pain, but burdens. I love the word. It is life. Praise His name.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had dreams and visons from the Lord. I have prophesied since I was 17 years old, since 1971. Despite these things, nothing replaces the Word. The Word of the Lord abides in us. We can speak from that abiding word when in prayer or confession and things will happen. I love the verse "the words I speak unto you are spirit and are life." When I read those words, my spirit says "the words I speak unto you are spirits and alive." They live in us like living things. When we speak them, they are just as if Jesus is speaking them. I can feel the living word working in my heart. Hard to describe, but it is like a light in me. Sometimes it is like a spring flowing forth. It comes from deep within. During intercession it feels like I want to cramp in my belly and bend over. Not really pain, but burdens. I love the word. It is life. Praise His name.
Makes me get happy just talking about it!!!!

Upvote 0