Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted "It is very unlikely that they are saved " but I would go even further than that.
Yeah, I bet you do not sin or do anything wrong, either? what makes this a person that isn't saved? Ever download any music off the internet free illegally?

Wow...

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
pertainng to this thread topic.....If youre Gay, deal with God...if youre not Gay....deal with God...stop the arguing and bickering...we can give our opinions all we want but they mean nothing....Gods word and his speaking to you through the spirit does.

We have a command from God to hold each other accontable.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a command from God to hold each other accontable.
Which would then mean a gay person would have to go through life single the rest of their lives, not even what God would want...

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Which would then mean a gay person would have to go through life single the rest of their lives, not even what God would want...

Nonsense, i'm sure there could still be a women out there for them. Go to new york they have more women then men anyway.

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I bet you do not sin or do anything wrong, either?

There is a world of difference between living a life that is 100% sinful accompanied with denying that what you are doing is sinful and living a life as a sinner who knowing that somethings are wrong at times stumbles and sins but then confesses those sins and seeks forgiveness from God.

Reactions: Gusoceros
Upvote 0

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a world of difference between living a life that is 100% sinful accompanied with denying that what you are doing is sinful and living a life as a sinner who knowing that somethings are wrong at times stumbles and sins but then confesses those sins and seeks forgiveness from God.

Right on the money- I have always understood this difference as repentance.

Well said

G

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not at all, you clearly do not have an understanding of how a Christian Goes to heaven. Repentance is an act on YOUR human level, and that is not what takes you to heaven. We are saved by grace THROUGH faith!

" NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,. . ." Titus 3:5

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

". . . and all OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES are as filthy rags;. . ." Isaiah 64:6

"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby YE ARE SEALED unto the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

". . .after that ye believed, YE WERE SEALED with that holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13

"Who are KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:5

"Now unto him that is able TO KEEP YOU from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy," Jude 24

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL. . . For by one offering he hath PERFECTED FOR EVER them that are sanctified." Hebrews 10:10,14

". . . him that cometh to me I WILL IN NO WISE CAST OUT." John 6:37

". . .for he hath said, I WILL NEVER LEAVE THEE, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

". . . and, lo, I am with you ALWAY, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:20

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." John 10:29

"Beloved, NOW are we the SONS OF GOD, . . ." 1 John 3:2

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, FATHER." Romans 8:15

". . . the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

". . .by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life." Romans 5:18

Upvote 0

Yody

Jun 27, 2005
San Juan, Puerto Rico
✟2,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Not at all, you clearly do not have an understanding of how a Christian Goes to heaven. Repentance is an act on YOUR human level, and that is not what takes you to heaven. We are saved by grace THROUGH faith!
Faith without works is dead

If your actions fail to demonstrate your faith then you have no faith

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

All humans are born in sin that is undeniable and because of that root sin we commit sins. Those sins are an abomination in the sight of a holy and righteous God and because all humans have broken God's holy law all are under a duty to repent of them.

Repentance and faith are both fruits of electing grace and indeed we are saved by grace through faith in Christ.

If I punched you in the face and said sorry and then punched you again then my applogy meant nothing for as James teaches faith without works is dead faith and will not save (not that faith is meritorious but rather instrumental).

Hence John teaches

1Jn 1:5-9 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1Jn 2:3-5 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

1Jn 2:29 "If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him."

1Jn 3:2-10 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And here I thought being celibate was a gift
celibacy as a gift huh? Hmm, same sort of logic that led the secular authorities at the time of the inquisition to believe that burning was the most human method of dealing with people too, I'll bet.

Tell me, if I offered you celibacy as a gift, would you accept it? Or would you hope that the receipt was attached so you could return it ASAP

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

I guess we will ALL go to hell, then.

Your verses are way out of context here, and they do not prove you go to hell. I am not making any less the need to repent, but we don't go to heaven based upon repentance.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Faith without works is dead

If your actions fail to demonstrate your faith then you have no faith
We aren't saved by faith, we are saved by grace, so there goes that theory.

You are held by GRACE, not WORKS!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

Upvote 0

Yody

Jun 27, 2005
San Juan, Puerto Rico
✟2,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We aren't saved by faith, we are saved by grace, so there goes that theory.

You are held by GRACE, not WORKS!

yea if you fail to beleive the bible plain and simple when it tells you straight up faith without works is dead then theres really nothing I can do to help you there

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, that faith vs. works thing is a serious theological discussion... as different verses of the Bible say BOTH are the only path to salvation...

Now personally, I think faith AND works are both important, and, just to be doubly useful, the contradicting "faith only! No, works only!" bits of the Bible help reasure me that the Bible is a good guide to life, but not inerrant, not literal, and not the unchangeing word of God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.