Yody

Jun 27, 2005
San Juan, Puerto Rico
✟2,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
celibacy as a gift huh? Hmm, same sort of logic that led the secular authorities at the time of the inquisition to believe that burning was the most human method of dealing with people too, I'll bet.

Tell me, if I offered you celibacy as a gift, would you accept it? Or would you hope that the receipt was attached so you could return it ASAP
Not everyone was meant to be celibate or a profet or a teacher

We cant all be hands, we cant all be feet we are all diferent parts of the body of christ

if it was Gods will and he gave me the gift of celibacy then I would accept it because it is his will

And what are you talking about burning people at the stakes

Why not just make random statements of people being racist while your at it-That has nothing to do with anything really

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And what are you talking about burning people at the stakes
First, do you know your pink writing is very difficult to read?

Now, my point... you say "celibacy is a gift"... which sounds to me like an illogical platitude made up by someone who isn't being told that their only path to a fullfilling relationship is somhow sinful.

Why burning people at the stake? Because, through a series of "logic" the people at the time deducted it was the must humane way to kill people.

My point is this...

Celibacy as something good, or burning people at the stake, may SOUND like a really good, sensible, happy thing, that everyone should be happy with, and you can logically defend.

Except in either case, I find it highly unlikely that the people in such favour of celibacy/burning has ever actually tried it out for themselves

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Don't even respond to his posts, he knows quite well, but he doesn't care... it is so hard on the eyes, but he would just rather continue w/it, since he likes it, while everyone else has to suffer.

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I am not making any less the need to repent, but we don't go to heaven based upon repentance.

We are justified not because we repent and believe (we should not separate these two things) but because Christ died. However the instrument through which we receive the benefits of Christ's death is through faith and repentance and so without faith and repentance we will not be saved.

Concerning repentance, "the Jews commonly express it by hbwvt a "turning", or "returning", and it is frequently signified in the Old Testament by a man’s turning from his evil ways, and returning to the Lord; the term from which he turns is sin, the term to which be turns is the Lord, against whom he has sinned; and what most powerfully moves, encourages, and induces him to turn, is the pardoning grace and mercy of God through Christ (Isa. 55:7), and so in the New Testament, repentance and turning are mentioned together, and the latter as explanative of the former; (see Acts 3:19; 26:20)..."

"...the Greek word more frequently used in the New Testament for repentance is metanoia, which signifies an "after understanding", or "after knowledge"; as when a man takes into serious consideration a fact after it is committed, and thinks otherwise of it, and wishes he had not done it, is sorry for it, and resolves, through the grace of God, to forsake such practices; this is a proof of a man’s wisdom and understanding; now he begins to be wise, and to show himself an understanding man; even an heathen could say, "Repentance is the beginning of wisdom, and an avoiding of foolish works and words, and the first preparation to a life not to be repented of." It is a change of the mind for the better, and which produces change of action and conduct: this, as it is expressive of true repentance, flows from the understanding being enlightened by the Spirit of God, when the sinner beholds sin in another light it did, even as exceeding sinful; and loathes it, and abhors it and himself for it. There is another word the Greeks use for repentance,metameleia, and though the noun is not used in the New Testament, the verb is (Matthew 21:29,32), and signifies a care and anxiety of mind after a fact is committed, a concern with sorrow that it should be done, and a care for the future not to do it again; hence the apostle, among the genuine fruits of godly sorrow for sin, mentions this in the first place, "What carefulness it wrought in you", not to offend more (2 Cor. 7:11). It also signifies a change of mind and conduct, as appears from (Matthew 21:29), a penitent sinner has another notion of sin than he had; before it was a sweet morsel, now a bitter and evil thing; before his heart was bent upon it, now determined through divine grace to forsake it, and cleave to the Lord with full purpose of heart."

Furthermore:

"There is an evangelical repentance, which lies,
2e2a. In a true sight and sense of sits; in a sight of it, as in itself considered as exceeding sinful in its own nature, and not merely as in its effects and consequences ruinous and destructive; not only in a sight of it in the glass of the divine law, but as that is held in the hand, and seen in the light of the blessed Spirit; and in a sight of it as contrary to the pure and holy nature of God, as well as repugnant to his will, and a breach of his law; and in a view of it as it appears in the glass of pardoning love and grace.
2e2b. In a hearty and unfeigned sorrow for it; this sorrow for it is the rather because it is against God, and that not only as a holy and righteous Being, but as good, and gracious, and merciful, of whose goodness, both in providence and grace, the sinner is sensible; the consideration of which increases his sorrow, and makes it the more intense and hearty.

2e2c. It is attended with shame and confusion of face, as in Ezra 9:6,8,10 and Luke 18:13 this shame increases the more, the more a sinner is sensible that God is "pacified towards him for all that he has done" (Ezek. 16:63).

2e2d. Such a repentance is accompanied with a loathing, detestation, and abhorrence of sin as the worst of evils; to truly penitent sinners sin appears most odious and loathsome; nay they not only loath their sins but themselves for them, and the rather when most sensible of the goodness of God in bestowing both temporal and spiritual blessings on them, and especially the latter (Ezek. 20:40-44; 36:25-31), yea they abhor it as of all things the most detestable, when they are in the exercise of this grace; so it was with holy Job, when favored with a special sight of the greatness and goodness of God (Job 42:6; Isa. 6:5).

2e2e. Where this repentance is there is an ingenuous acknowledgment of sin, as may be seen in David (Ps. 32:5 51:3 in Dan. 9:4,5), and in the apostle Paul (1 Tim. 1:13-15), so the prodigal, as soon as he came to himself, and was made sensible of his sin, and repented of it, went to his father, and said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and in thy sight" (Luke 15:21), and to encourage such a sincere repentance and ingenuous confession, the apostle John says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

2e2f. It is followed with a resolution, through the grace of God, to forsake sin; this the sinner is encouraged unto, as before observed, by the abundance of pardon through the mercy of God in Christ (Isa. 55:7), and indeed it is only such who can expect to share in it; "Whoso confesseth (sins) and forsaketh them, shall have merry" (Prov. 28:13). Now such a repentance appears to be evangelical; inasmuch, as

2e2f1. It is from the Spirit of God, who reproves for sin and convinces of it, enlightens the eyes of the understanding to see the exceeding sinfulness of sin; and as a Spirit of grace and supplication works this grace in the heart, and draws it forth into exercise, to mourn over sin in a gospel manner at the throne of grace (Zech. 12:10).

2e2f2. Such repentance, in the exercise of it, follows upon real conversion and divine instruction, "Surely after that I was turned I repented, and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh" (Jer. 31:19) upon such a turn as is made by powerful and efficacious grace, and upon such instruction as leads into the true nature of sin, the effect of which is blushing shame and confusion.

2e2f3. Is what is encouraged and influenced by gospel promises, such as these in (Isa. 55:7; Jer. 3:12,13), now when repentance proceeds not upon the terrors of the law, but upon such gracious promises as these, it may be called evangelical.

2e2f4. It is that which is attended with faith and hope: repentance towards God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, go together as doctrines, and so they do as graces; which is first in exercise is not easy to say; our Lord says of the Pharisees, that they "repented not, that they might believe", which looks as if repentance was before and in order to believing (Matthew 21:32), and elsewhere faith is represented as first looking to Christ, and then repentance or mourning for sin; repentance, as some have expressed it, is a tear that drops from faith’s eye (Zech. 12:10). However, that is truly evangelical repentance which has with it faith in the blood of Christ for the remission of sins; for repentance and remission of sins, as they go together as doctrines, so also as blessings of grace (Luke 24:47; Acts 5:31), for where true repentance for sin is, there must be faith in Christ for the remission of it, at least hope of pardon by his blood, or else such repentance would issue in despair, and appear to be no other than the sorrow of the world which worketh death.

2e2f5. It is such a repentance which flows not from dread of punishment, and from fear of the wrath of God, but from love to God, and of righteousness and holiness, and from an hatred of sin; they that love the Lord hate evil, and they love righteousness and hate evil because he does; and when tempted to sin reason after this manner, "How can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God", so holy just, and good, and who has shown such love and kindness to me? (Gen. 39:9), it was love to Christ, flowing from a sense of pardoning grace and mercy, that fetched such a flood of tears from the eyes of the penitent woman at Christ’s feet, with which she washed them, and wiped them with the hairs of her head; and which caused Peter, under a sense of sin, to go out and weep bitterly (Luke 7:37,38,47; 22:61,62)."

See: Of Repentance Towards God

Upvote 0

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, that faith vs. works thing is a serious theological discussion... as different verses of the Bible say BOTH are the only path to salvation...

Now personally, I think faith AND works are both important, and, just to be doubly useful, the contradicting "faith only! No, works only!" bits of the Bible help reasure me that the Bible is a good guide to life, but not inerrant, not literal, and not the unchangeing word of God.

Could you please backup with Scripture your point that the Bible is contradicting itself with regard to Faith and Works?

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We are justified not because we repent and believe (we should not separate these two things) but because Christ died. However the instrument through which we receive the benefits of Christ's death is through faith and repentance and so without faith and repentance we will not be saved.

Concerning repentance, "the Jews commonly express it by hbwvt a "turning", or "returning", and it is frequently signified in the Old Testament by a man’s turning from his evil ways, and returning to the Lord; the term from which he turns is sin, the term to which be turns is the Lord, against whom he has sinned; and what most powerfully moves, encourages, and induces him to turn, is the pardoning grace and mercy of God through Christ (Isa. 55:7), and so in the New Testament, repentance and turning are mentioned together, and the latter as explanative of the former; (see Acts 3:19; 26:20)..."

"...the Greek word more frequently used in the New Testament for repentance is metanoia, which signifies an "after understanding", or "after knowledge"; as when a man takes into serious consideration a fact after it is committed, and thinks otherwise of it, and wishes he had not done it, is sorry for it, and resolves, through the grace of God, to forsake such practices; this is a proof of a man’s wisdom and understanding; now he begins to be wise, and to show himself an understanding man; even an heathen could say, "Repentance is the beginning of wisdom, and an avoiding of foolish works and words, and the first preparation to a life not to be repented of." It is a change of the mind for the better, and which produces change of action and conduct: this, as it is expressive of true repentance, flows from the understanding being enlightened by the Spirit of God, when the sinner beholds sin in another light it did, even as exceeding sinful; and loathes it, and abhors it and himself for it. There is another word the Greeks use for repentance,metameleia, and though the noun is not used in the New Testament, the verb is (Matthew 21:29,32), and signifies a care and anxiety of mind after a fact is committed, a concern with sorrow that it should be done, and a care for the future not to do it again; hence the apostle, among the genuine fruits of godly sorrow for sin, mentions this in the first place, "What carefulness it wrought in you", not to offend more (2 Cor. 7:11). It also signifies a change of mind and conduct, as appears from (Matthew 21:29), a penitent sinner has another notion of sin than he had; before it was a sweet morsel, now a bitter and evil thing; before his heart was bent upon it, now determined through divine grace to forsake it, and cleave to the Lord with full purpose of heart."

Furthermore:

"There is an evangelical repentance, which lies,
2e2a. In a true sight and sense of sits; in a sight of it, as in itself considered as exceeding sinful in its own nature, and not merely as in its effects and consequences ruinous and destructive; not only in a sight of it in the glass of the divine law, but as that is held in the hand, and seen in the light of the blessed Spirit; and in a sight of it as contrary to the pure and holy nature of God, as well as repugnant to his will, and a breach of his law; and in a view of it as it appears in the glass of pardoning love and grace.
2e2b. In a hearty and unfeigned sorrow for it; this sorrow for it is the rather because it is against God, and that not only as a holy and righteous Being, but as good, and gracious, and merciful, of whose goodness, both in providence and grace, the sinner is sensible; the consideration of which increases his sorrow, and makes it the more intense and hearty.

2e2c. It is attended with shame and confusion of face, as in Ezra 9:6,8,10 and Luke 18:13 this shame increases the more, the more a sinner is sensible that God is "pacified towards him for all that he has done" (Ezek. 16:63).

2e2d. Such a repentance is accompanied with a loathing, detestation, and abhorrence of sin as the worst of evils; to truly penitent sinners sin appears most odious and loathsome; nay they not only loath their sins but themselves for them, and the rather when most sensible of the goodness of God in bestowing both temporal and spiritual blessings on them, and especially the latter (Ezek. 20:40-44; 36:25-31), yea they abhor it as of all things the most detestable, when they are in the exercise of this grace; so it was with holy Job, when favored with a special sight of the greatness and goodness of God (Job 42:6; Isa. 6:5).

2e2e. Where this repentance is there is an ingenuous acknowledgment of sin, as may be seen in David (Ps. 32:5 51:3 in Dan. 9:4,5), and in the apostle Paul (1 Tim. 1:13-15), so the prodigal, as soon as he came to himself, and was made sensible of his sin, and repented of it, went to his father, and said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and in thy sight" (Luke 15:21), and to encourage such a sincere repentance and ingenuous confession, the apostle John says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

2e2f. It is followed with a resolution, through the grace of God, to forsake sin; this the sinner is encouraged unto, as before observed, by the abundance of pardon through the mercy of God in Christ (Isa. 55:7), and indeed it is only such who can expect to share in it; "Whoso confesseth (sins) and forsaketh them, shall have merry" (Prov. 28:13). Now such a repentance appears to be evangelical; inasmuch, as

2e2f1. It is from the Spirit of God, who reproves for sin and convinces of it, enlightens the eyes of the understanding to see the exceeding sinfulness of sin; and as a Spirit of grace and supplication works this grace in the heart, and draws it forth into exercise, to mourn over sin in a gospel manner at the throne of grace (Zech. 12:10).

2e2f2. Such repentance, in the exercise of it, follows upon real conversion and divine instruction, "Surely after that I was turned I repented, and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh" (Jer. 31:19) upon such a turn as is made by powerful and efficacious grace, and upon such instruction as leads into the true nature of sin, the effect of which is blushing shame and confusion.

2e2f3. Is what is encouraged and influenced by gospel promises, such as these in (Isa. 55:7; Jer. 3:12,13), now when repentance proceeds not upon the terrors of the law, but upon such gracious promises as these, it may be called evangelical.

2e2f4. It is that which is attended with faith and hope: repentance towards God, and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, go together as doctrines, and so they do as graces; which is first in exercise is not easy to say; our Lord says of the Pharisees, that they "repented not, that they might believe", which looks as if repentance was before and in order to believing (Matthew 21:32), and elsewhere faith is represented as first looking to Christ, and then repentance or mourning for sin; repentance, as some have expressed it, is a tear that drops from faith’s eye (Zech. 12:10). However, that is truly evangelical repentance which has with it faith in the blood of Christ for the remission of sins; for repentance and remission of sins, as they go together as doctrines, so also as blessings of grace (Luke 24:47; Acts 5:31), for where true repentance for sin is, there must be faith in Christ for the remission of it, at least hope of pardon by his blood, or else such repentance would issue in despair, and appear to be no other than the sorrow of the world which worketh death.

2e2f5. It is such a repentance which flows not from dread of punishment, and from fear of the wrath of God, but from love to God, and of righteousness and holiness, and from an hatred of sin; they that love the Lord hate evil, and they love righteousness and hate evil because he does; and when tempted to sin reason after this manner, "How can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God", so holy just, and good, and who has shown such love and kindness to me? (Gen. 39:9), it was love to Christ, flowing from a sense of pardoning grace and mercy, that fetched such a flood of tears from the eyes of the penitent woman at Christ’s feet, with which she washed them, and wiped them with the hairs of her head; and which caused Peter, under a sense of sin, to go out and weep bitterly (Luke 7:37,38,47; 22:61,62)."

See: Of Repentance Towards God
That is talking about something before the reborn, new birth of accepting Jesus in your heart...(being born again).You cannot refute Scripture with scripture...you become sons and daughters of Christ when you are born again...God does not forsake His own, and He does not allow his Children to go to hell!

Upvote 0

Yody

Jun 27, 2005
San Juan, Puerto Rico
✟2,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Don't even respond to his posts, he knows quite well, but he doesn't care... it is so hard on the eyes, but he would just rather continue w/it, since he likes it, while everyone else has to suffer.
Dude I already explained it to you-I have a darker color backround so pink is best for me

Just change your backround if it hurts you that much

OR you could just highlite it all and read it

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
must I? *sigh* very well, if you don't know the Bible that well... back in a minute
Ephesians makes it very clear on what we are saved by, it says NOT BY WORKS. This debate is pointless, because we both know that homosexuality in a safe, loving, monogamous relationship is not a sin.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Was Rahab saved by faith or works?She was saved by faith. She was saved by works. Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. James 2:25 Was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is Salvation by faith alone?Salvation is by faith alone. Salvation is not by faith alone. Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:18, 36 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Acts 16:30-31 Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Romans 3:20 By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.
Romans 3:28 A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory?
Romans 4:13 For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9 If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Galatians 2:16 A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 3:11-12 The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost. Psalm 62:12 For you render to each one according to his works.
Proverbs 10:16 The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Ezekiel 18:27 When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul.
Matthew 5:20 Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Matthew 19:17 If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 25:41-46 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Luke 10:26-28 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Romans 2:6, 13 Who will render to each one according to his deeds. ... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Philippians 2:12 "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:21-25 Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Peter 1:17 The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work.
Revelation 2:23 I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Revelation 20:12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life.

Upvote 0

Yody

Jun 27, 2005
San Juan, Puerto Rico
✟2,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Now, my point... you say "celibacy is a gift"... which sounds to me like an illogical platitude made up by someone who isn't being told that their only path to a fullfilling relationship is somhow sinful.

Why burning people at the stake? Because, through a series of "logic" the people at the time deducted it was the must humane way to kill people.

My point is this...

Celibacy as something good, or burning people at the stake, may SOUND like a really good, sensible, happy thing, that everyone should be happy with, and you can logically defend.

Except in either case, I find it highly unlikely that the people in such favour of celibacy/burning has ever actually tried it out for themselves
If you happen to have a problem with celibacy being a gift take it up with Paul he was a practicing celibate and said it was a gift from God

Also dont get mad when people compraing natural gay urges to pedophiles when you yourself are gonna make outragous compraisons between a gift from God and Killing people

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
That is talking about something before the reborn, new birth of accepting Jesus in your heart...(being born again).You cannot refute Scripture with scripture...you become sons and daughters of Christ when you are born again...God does not forsake His own, and He does not allow his Children to go to hell!

Following justification is sanctification which is the living a holy life. Those who have been regenerated are born again and so live by different principles, they know what is sinful and they strive to avoid it. They know that homosexuality is sinful and strive to avoid falling into such a depraved lifestyle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Following justification is sanctification which is the living a holy life. Those who have been regenerated are born again and so live by different principles, they know what is sinful and they strive to avoid it. They know that homosexuality is sinful and strive to avoid falling into such a depraved lifestyle.
It isn't a depraved lifestyle...I and 28 denominations disagree with you. You don't even know the lifestyle, you are not gay, so you have no clue of which you speak. You keep citing BIASED translations, and you don't back your claims with any sources or Hebrew and Greek language choice for interpretations. Keep posting it away, it's a joke at best.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also dont get mad when people compraing natural gay urges to pedophiles when you yourself are gonna make outragous compraisons between a gift from God and Killing people
I wasn't comparing gifts from God with killing people, I was comparing the logic underlying the two ideas. Read whats written, you'll get further in life.

But homosexuality compared to paedophilia, cannot be defended, and is blatant propaganda and strawmaning of the worst kind

Upvote 0

Gusoceros

Head Rhino
Mar 1, 2004
✟8,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is Salvation by faith alone?Salvation is by faith alone. Salvation is not by faith alone. Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:18, 36 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Acts 16:30-31 Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Romans 3:20 By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.
Romans 3:28 A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory?
Romans 4:13 For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:9 If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Galatians 2:16 A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.
Galatians 3:11-12 The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost. Psalm 62:12 For you render to each one according to his works.
Proverbs 10:16 The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin.
Jeremiah 17:10 I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
Ezekiel 18:27 When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul.
Matthew 5:20 Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Matthew 19:17 If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 25:41-46 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Luke 10:26-28 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Romans 2:6, 13 Who will render to each one according to his deeds. ... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Philippians 2:12 "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."
James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:21-25 Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
1 Peter 1:17 The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work.
Revelation 2:23 I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Revelation 20:12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life.

Umm- yeah- where is it? I dont see anything that suggests salvation is by faith alone, and not faith alone... Can you point out to me the specific passages you think make these points?

G

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.