Futurist/Amil&PP (PP means partial preterism)

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well just so you know: when C Holford taught your so-called history lesson around London in early 1800s it woke up people out of the destructive disbelief introduced by T. Payne. In fact, Holford meant to answer Payne. It least it stayed it for 50 years. Futurism, which got popular at the same time as Darwin, has had almost no impact on destructive disbelief.

It is irrational and it keeps getting updated. It has completely confused what Mt 24 is about.

If you "obama" the day of judgement and nothing happens, people will laugh. If you teach that Christ said "Jersualem will be pulverized" and it was, as historic fact, people's mouths go dry.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well just so you know: when C Holford taught your so-called history lesson around London in early 1800s it woke up people out of the destructive disbelief introduced by T. Payne. In fact, Holford meant to answer Payne. It least it stayed it for 50 years. Futurism, which got popular at the same time as Darwin, has had almost no impact on destructive disbelief.

It is irrational and it keeps getting updated. It has completely confused what Mt 24 is about.

If you "obama" the day of judgement and nothing happens, people will laugh. If you teach that Christ said "Jersualem will be pulverized" and it was, as historic fact, people's mouths go dry.

Why did God punish the Jews for 2000 years, only to let them back into the land, and make it one of the most successful exporters as well as a military superpower?

All with only 7 million Jews to do it..

Do you not believe that God has control over what is going on?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is a nationalist movement and that's fine. It was helped by petroleum interests. It is very secular and conflicted. It would have to be because of all the layers of Islam there. Nothing looks or acts like anything the Scriptures were saying would happen.

There is nothing magical about 1948 or being born in a day. Plans were being made as far back as 1870 by Jews in Europe who were just a bit tired of being sectioned in London or Frankfurt. They thought, nothing going on down there and its warmer; why not give it a try? Many other Jews were very settled and happy to stay put. it was usually the younger radical youth who wanted to go back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
None of the NT finds fulfillment in the race of Israel. Just soak in Eph 1-3 for a while and you'll see. That letter was the widest circulated letter Paul wrote, as we now know from 1:1. The destination was left blank so it could go everywhere. The race of Israel does not define anything as the Messianic age unfolds. No ethnicity does.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a nationalist movement and that's fine. It was helped by petroleum interests. It is very secular and conflicted. It would have to be because of all the layers of Islam there. Nothing looks or acts like anything the Scriptures were saying would happen.

There is nothing magical about 1948 or being born in a day. Plans were being made as far back as 1870 by Jews in Europe who were just a bit tired of being sectioned in London or Frankfurt. They thought, nothing going on down there and its warmer; why not give it a try? Many other Jews were very settled and happy to stay put. it was usually the younger radical youth who wanted to go back.

Doesn't change the fact that the Jews returned, Israel was born in a day, and they are VERY successful as a nation...

If it wasn't for God, who only brings good things, the Jews wouldn't be in Israel.

Its that simple.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I think happened is this..

Amil was born out of a lie.. a lie that teaches that the church of God is Israel..

:scratch:

Amil is the lowfat preterist yogurt of the heretical doctrines..

Bout how I see it..

Even if was raised in an Amil home, I would still have left that doctrine behind me as I was kicking off the dust..

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Amil is the lowfat preterist yogurt of the heretical doctrines..

Bout how I see it..

:D

Even if was raised in an Amil home, I would still have left that doctrine behind me as I was kicking off the dust..

I was brought up catholic although I had no idea that they were amil.. and only understood these things after hearing the truth of the gospel and gleaning some of the unsearchable riches from the volume of the OT prophets..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:D

I was brought up catholic although I had no idea that they were amil.. and only understood these things after hearing the truth of the gospel and gleaning some of the unsearchable riches from the volume of the OT prophets..

I cant tell you how many catholics say the same thing..

My wife converted to Christianity from roman catholicism, and my stepfather found Christ after spending 40 years as a catholic..

My mentor is a former catholic. He calls himself a "bapticostal" now..

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What I've learned from this thread:

-Numbers matter, but only as long as they don't support Amillennialism.

-Churches that that historically are Amillennial:
a) Are full of ignorant sheeple because there's no way a "Real Christian" could possibly be Amillennial in their eschatology

b) Aren't real churches and thus don't count anyway

-The eschatology subforum of CF is as enlightened as ever, definitely the bright sparkling light of biblical analysis and engaging theological discussion.

And now for my next trick, I'm going to apply a brick to my cranium.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I've learned from this thread:

-Numbers matter, but only as long as they don't support Amillennialism.

-Churches that that historically are Amillennial:
a) Are full of ignorant sheeple because there's no way a "Real Christian" could possibly be Amillennial in their eschatology

b) Aren't real churches and thus don't count anyway

-The eschatology subforum of CF is as enlightened as ever, definitely the bright sparkling light of biblical analysis and engaging theological discussion.

And now for my next trick, I'm going to apply a brick to my cranium.

-CryptoLutheran

The numbers are based on this forum, which is open to every sect of Christianity in the world.

Apparently, of the Christians who post and visit this subforum, the amils and preterists are the least in number..

Statistically, the numbers are telling me that amils and pp's are a minority.

Ones eschatological position is normally independent of ones denomination.

Unless these churches you mentioned are teaching amil and preterism, and in that case, id say come out of there and study for yourself..

Christians have all kinds of fancy rituals and rules and names other than "Christian"..

Did you ever wonder what the true Church was, and how you can be a part of it?

Because it doesn't require you that you be programmed with a doctrine that someone else told you was right..

True Christians are the ones who figure it out, its not about the Churches or the denomination.

Its about the Word, which we all have.. Organizing something that is perfectly organized by God to begin with makes no sense.

God has spoken, it is written..

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

What I've learned from seemingly endless practical experience is this..

Scriptural truth rarely matters anymore..

It literally takes a couple of simple gospel verses to completely refute the nonsense of amilennialism.. and yet that doesn't matter at all to those who cling to it..

And who knows why?

It's certainly not because it's the scriptural truth.. that's for sure.

And NOTHING is going to convince the self proclaimed infallible ones from even considering that they're wrong.

Upvote 0