Sep 27, 2006
California
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth; as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf, who also declared to us your love in the Spirit. Colossians 1:6-8 NKJV

The word of God, the truth of the gospel which came to the Colossians also goes out in all the world to bring forth fruit. In Isaiah 55:11 Godsays “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” God’s Word always brings forth fruit in the form of changed minds, changed attitudes, changed hearts, changed lifestyles, and changed lives. Someone who studies the Word of God and allows it to transform ( Romans 12:2 ) them is like what Psalm 1:3 describes: “He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.” God says in Proverbs 8:19 “My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold, And my revenue than choice silver.” Jesus taught us the importance of checking out other’s fruits in Matthew 7:15-21 when he said “You will know them by their fruits.” Especially important is examining those who teach God’s Word. We need to be wise and check out what they say against the Word of God to be sure what they teach is true. Just like the Bereans did in Paul’s time. Acts 17:10-12 “These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.” We have a helper who does that in our lives. 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 “These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” Thank God we have Him to discern spiritual things. What about you? Do you listen to teachers or pastors and check out what they’re saying by looking it up for yourself in God’s Word? Be wise, search scripture to validate the truth.