Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What if youre wrong?

Eyewitness certainty turns out wrong all the time. Maybe my ball crossed paths with another, and its the other one that hit your car, yet to you it looked 100% like mine.

So, youve sworn it was mine. Ive sworn it wasnt. What happens next?

You hit it from your front yard next door and I was watching you.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Bottom line is, if that man lies after I have a written sworn statement that I saw him hit that golfball through my windshield from next door, my claim and my court is still the highest one.
Who determines which one of us is the liar?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bottom line is, if that man lies after I have a written sworn statement that I saw him hit that golfball through my windshield from next door, my claim and my court is still the highest one.

Who determines whether he is lying, or you are lying?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So to sum up, weve got 4 scenarios:

A. Moxie makes a truthful claim against Bhamster in his private court of record (PCOR). Bhamster concurs with your claim.

B. Dave makes a claim in his PCOR against Bhamster in which Dave genuinely believes he's being truthful. But in reality, the claim is false because what Dave was certain he really saw, wasnt quite what actually happened. Natually, Bhamster diputes Dave's claim.

C. Mendax knowingly makes a false claim in his PCOR against Bhamster. Bhamster of course diputes this claim.

D. Moxie makes a true claim against Mendax in his PCOR. Mendax lies and disputes the claim.
-------------
The outcome of A should be obvious... to the point that a PCOR should not even be necessary as long as Bhamster is a decent moral person. He will simply volunteer proper restitution.

But what happens in the case of B?
And in the case of C?
And D?
Who decides which persons claim is true?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So to sum up, weve got 4 scenarios:

A. Moxie makes a truthful claim against Bhamster in his private court of record (PCOR). Bhamster concurs with your claim.

B. Dave makes a claim in his PCOR against Bhamster in which Dave genuinely believes he's being truthful. But in reality, the claim is false because what Dave was certain he really saw, wasnt quite what actually happened. Natually, Bhamster diputes your claim.

C. Mendax knowingly makes a false claim in his PCOR against Bhamster. Bhamster of course diputes his claim.

D. Moxie makes a true claim against Mendax in his PCOR. Mendax lies and disputes the claim.
-------------
The outcome of A should be obvious... to the point that a PCOR should not even be necessary as long as Bhamster is a decent moral person. He will simply volunteer proper restitution.

But what happens in the case of B?
And in the case of C?
And D?
Who decides which persons claim is true?

The magic 8 ball???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums